• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My Rugby Challenge 3 Ultimate Team Equivalent!!!

Floody

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
New Zealand
Hey guys, I have come up with a idea for a game mode that would be awesome to see in rugby challenge 3. I've tried to come up with an online game mode that is similar to Ultimate team on Fifa.
So you begin by creating a club, Choose the name, logo, abbreviation, location, commentary name, home and away kits and the team stadium all in the same way you would when editing teams offline.
You then hand pick or have the option to let the computer auto select a squad full of 30 players. These players are all to be rated 65 overall or less, you must also have 2 players of every position to complete the roster. e.g 2 left wingers and 2 right wingers.
You then take your team online and play in divisions starting from division 10 and playing all the way through to division 1 playing against better players with better teams in the same way that you do in Fifa.
For every game you complete you'll be rewarded $5000, for every game you win you'll be rewarded an extra $10,000 on top, for every draw you'll be rewarded an extra $5000 and then you can also pick up $2000 for every bonus point you get in games. So really there is every chance of making about $17,000 per game.
Now unlike ultimate team you won't buy packs and unlock players this way, instead you'll save the money that you earn from playing games and from selling players to put towards buying new players when you edit your squad. Now if you didn't already know every player in Rugby Challenge 3 currently has a value next to them when editing a squad.
So just as an example if you were wanting to buy Dan Carter he currently costs $300,000. It would take you approximately 20 wins until you'd have enough money to get him for your team. You'd simply sell one of your current fly halves and purchase Dan to replace him. You could also buy custom/edited players too, player values would obviously change according to their stats and overall ratings.
Once you have purchased a player you'll be able to edit their appearance but NOT their stats. That stops players from buying cheap players then maxing out their attributes to have really good players.
So yea!!! You just keep playing matches and adding players to your team until you feel as though you have THE ULTIMATE TEAM.

If you have any suggestions to possibly make this idea better then by all means go ahead and share them with us all.

Cheers guys.

Last edited:
My only wish for Rugby Challenge 3 is that it comes out in the U.S. Sadly it looks like I'm going to have to import it. :(

I had to import Rugby Challenge 2, got it about a week after it was released.

Same here. Hoping to god that RC3 is on Amazon when it comes out.

Hey guys, I have come up with a idea for a game mode that would be awesome to see in rugby challenge 3. I've tried to come up with an online game mode that is similar to Ultimate team on Fifa.
So you begin by creating a club, Choose the name, logo, abbreviation, location, commentary name, home and away kits and the team stadium all in the same way you would when editing teams offline.
You then hand pick or have the option to let the computer auto select a squad full of 30 players. These players are all to be rated 65 overall or less, you must also have 2 players of every position to complete the roster. e.g 2 left wingers and 2 right wingers.
You then take your team online and play in divisions starting from division 10 and playing all the way through to division 1 playing against better players with better teams in the same way that you do in Fifa.
For every game you complete you'll be rewarded $5000, for every game you win you'll be rewarded an extra $10,000 on top, for every draw you'll be rewarded an extra $5000 and then you can also pick up $2000 for every bonus point you get in games. So really there is every chance of making about $17,000 per game.
Now unlike ultimate team you won't buy packs and unlock players this way, instead you'll save the money that you earn from playing games and from selling players to put towards buying new players when you edit your squad. Now if you didn't already know every player in Rugby Challenge 3 currently has a value next to them when editing a squad.
So just as an example if you were wanting to buy Dan Carter he currently costs $300,000. It would take you approximately 20 wins until you'd have enough money to get him for your team. You'd simply sell one of your current fly halves and purchase Dan to replace him. You could also buy custom/edited players too, player values would obviously change according to their stats and overall ratings.
Once you have purchased a player you'll be able to edit their appearance but NOT their stats. That stops players from buying cheap players then maxing out their attributes to have really good players.
So yea!!! You just keep playing matches and adding players to your team until you feel as though you have THE ULTIMATE TEAM.

If you have any suggestions to possibly make this idea better then by all means go ahead and share them with us all.

Cheers guys.
Good idea mate do we know if anything like this is in the game for online?

I'd love to see that since I'm almost only playing the Ultimate Team Mode in FIFA.

Maybe you're all very young or maybe you don't remember this but in the early years of online play, there where no game modes or such, so tournaments where organized by forums like this one and players played in friendly online matches (or sometimes with external tools since online wasn't even an game option) and both users had to report back to the forum the same result in order to be validated and accounted.
What I suggest you can do, and you can start now with the FanHub, is create a bunch of stock "ultimate" teams, tiered by ratings. I wouldn't go full FIFA, but maybe start with 3 divisions, bronze, silver and gold, and each division with 4 or maybe more different teams mixed up, like the stock UT teams in the FIFA demos, but each of the 4 teams better than the next, so you have 4 different levels of teams in a single division. Since they will be on the FanHub, every player can download the exact same teams and then edit the lineups without adding new players.
After that it's all up to the forums to maintain ladders, so player A posts he's looking for a match against any Bronze 1, they get together and play, both post back the result, winner get's a +1, loser a -1, so from 0-2 you play with the B1 team, when you get to 2-4 points you can play with the B2 team, but if you drop back to 0-2 you have to go back to the B1 team, and so on. Hope it's clear, bit old fashioned but it worked great back then.

Latest posts