• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My team < your teams (but I love them all the same)

R

RoyalBlueStuey

I think Dan was talking about popping over to see everyone's favourite tie-dyed lower league rugby club (well MY favourite tie-dyed lower league rugby club). Here's the fixtures.

~~~~~

National Division League 2
Waterloo Rugby Club Fixture List
2007-2008

<table style="width: 451px; height: 1304px;" border="1" cellpadding="1"><tbody><tr><td>Date</td><td>Fixture</td><td>Kick Off</td><td> Home/Away </td></tr><tr><td>01.09.07</td><td>Otley v Waterloo</td><td>3.00pm</td><td>Away</td></tr><tr><td>15.09.07</td><td>Waterloo v Manchester</td><td>3.00pm</td><td>Home</td></tr><tr><td>22.09.07</td><td>Henley v Waterloo</td><td>3.00pm</td><td>Away</td></tr><tr><td>29.09.07</td><td>Waterloo v Nuneaton</td><td>3.00pm</td><td>Home</td></tr><tr><td>06.10.07</td><td>Stourbridge v Waterloo</td><td>3.00pm</td><td>Away</td></tr><tr><td>13.10.07</td><td>Waterloo v Redruth</td><td>2.30pm</td><td>Home</td></tr><tr><td>20.10.07</td><td>Cambridge v Waterloo</td><td>3.00pm</td><td>Away</td></tr><tr><td>27.10.07</td><td>Waterloo v Blackheath</td><td>2.30pm</td><td>Home</td></tr><tr><td>03.11.07</td><td>Southend v Waterloo</td><td>TBA</td><td>Away</td></tr><tr><td>10.11.07</td><td>Wharfedale v Waterloo</td><td>TBA</td><td>Away</td></tr><tr><td>24.11.07</td><td>Waterloo v Blaydon</td><td>2.15pm</td><td>Home</td></tr><tr><td>01.12.07</td><td>Westcombe Park v Waterloo</td><td>TBA</td><td>Away</td></tr><tr><td>15.12.07</td><td>Waterloo v Halifax</td><td>2.15pm</td><td>Home</td></tr><tr><td>22.12.07</td><td>Manchester v Waterloo</td><td>TBA</td><td>Away</td></tr><tr><td>05.01.08</td><td>Waterloo v Henley</td><td>2.15pm</td><td>Home</td></tr><tr><td>19.01.08</td><td>Nuneaton v Waterloo</td><td>TBA</td><td>Away</td></tr><tr><td>26.01.08</td><td>Waterloo v Stourbridge</td><td>2.15pm</td><td>Home</td></tr><tr><td>09.02.08</td><td>Redruth v Waterloo</td><td>TBA</td><td>Away</td></tr><tr><td>14.02.08</td><td>Waterloo v Cambridge</td><td>2.30pm</td><td>Home</td></tr><tr><td>23.02.08</td><td>Blackheath v Waterloo</td><td>TBA</td><td>Away</td></tr><tr><td>01.03.08</td><td>Waterloo v Southend</td><td>2.30pm</td><td>Home</td></tr><tr><td>15.03.08</td><td>Waterloo v Wharfedale</td><td>2.30pm</td><td>Home</td></tr><tr><td>29.03.08</td><td>Blaydon v Waterloo</td><td>TBA</td><td>Away</td></tr><tr><td>12.04.08</td><td>Waterloo v Westcombe</td><td>Park</td><td>Home</td></tr><tr><td>19.04.08</td><td>Halifax v Waterloo</td><td>TBA</td><td>Away</td></tr><tr><td>29.04.08</td><td>Waterloo v Otley</td><td>3.00pm</td><td>Home</td></tr></tbody></table>

441634838_72fe6d6f98.jpg

Get ready!

I might pop over to Henley if I'm back at Uni by then. Lovely little ground to visit, nice traditional bar.

I might pop over to Henley if I'm back at Uni by then. Lovely little ground to visit, nice traditional bar.
[/b]

Yeah that's one I'd like to visit. Wharfdale too, it's meant to be a wonderful club.

It all depends on the Everton fixtures though.

Blackheath is always good 'cause of their role in the creation of soccer. I'm not sure why but it's always nice to play the old historic clubs.

Would like to see clubs like Orrell, Liverpool, Rosslyn Park & Richmond can get back up to a national level....whatever happened to Gosforth eh? ;) :p

I get down to see Redruth, who incidently are going to be promoted next year, whenever im not playing myself. The fixtures the 9th of Feb, if your going to come down and watch id be happy to meet up for a few beers.

I get down to see Redruth, who incidently are going to be promoted next year, whenever im not playing myself. The fixtures the 9th of Feb, if your going to come down and watch id be happy to meet up for a few beers.
[/b]

I have to say that the Redruth trip might be a bit beyond us...it's a fair old trek. My wife does have family down there though so if I do find myself down there for the game I'll PM ya.

Same goes for if you make the trip up to Blundellsands.

hmm we (beverley) played hallifax in th national cup and otley in yorkshire cup last year, not easy fixtures, hallifax was a well contested away game that went down to the wire, while otley nat1 at time brought their best team down (as we had beaten them the year before) and then proceeded to give us a realy phisical game. looks like theres gonna be a lot of contenders this year

hmm we (beverley) played hallifax in th national cup and otley in yorkshire cup last year, not easy fixtures, hallifax was a well contested away game that went down to the wire, while otley nat1 at time brought their best team down (as we had beaten them the year before) and then proceeded to give us a realy phisical game. looks like theres gonna be a lot of contenders this year
[/b]

We could well struggle 'cause 3 of our best players have been poached by those dirty mancs up at Sedgley.

good way to support your team by saying every team is better than your team. thats the spirit (you got the <> signs mixed up)

good way to support your team by saying every team is better than your team. thats the spirit (you got the <> signs mixed up) [/b]

No no, I believe that's the point.

What you have to understand is that we're English. We have built a whole society (a whole Empire in fact) on pessimism, understatement, and the ability to take the **** out of ourselves in any situation.

ok, i hope thats right then. i always thought you guys stuck up for your team :) [/b]

Oh, it's fine for us to take the **** out of our own team. It's when anyone else does it that we get really annoyed.

<div class='quotemain'> ok, i hope thats right then. i always thought you guys stuck up for your team :) [/b]

Oh, it's fine for us to take the **** out of our own team. It's when anyone else does it that we get really annoyed.

[/b][/quote]

That's it really...I acknowledge that 'loo are just a little club with a pitiful support but they are MY rubbish little club with a pitiful support.

The "<" was completely intentional, there's no way I'm going to try and convince you that we should be up there with Leicester etc etc but that's irrelevant. There's no denying our status, you've just got to support them come-what-may. It's the fact that people like me are there posting up the fixture lists on international rugby forums on the off chance that the support might increase that is the telling thing.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> ok, i hope thats right then. i always thought you guys stuck up for your team :) [/b]

[/b][/quote]

That's it really...I acknowledge that 'loo are just a little club with a pitiful support but they are MY rubbish little club with a pitiful support.

The "<" was completely intentional, there's no way I'm going to try and convince you that we should be up there with Leicester etc etc but that's irrelevant. There's no denying our status, you've just got to support them come-what-may. It's the fact that people like me are there posting up the fixture lists on international rugby forums on the off chance that the support might increase that is the telling thing.
[/b][/quote]

yep agree totally except that at the moment the only thing to take the **** out of beverley is the facilities but would quikly mock them if the opportunity arises, and have in past like when we were struggling to stay in yorkshire 3, 4 years ago. however should someone not from the club do so i would take offence

i really like waterloo.
i find it better to support a 'little' club like that then to support a bigger club, which don't really feel as personal to each fan. you feel more like a punter there, rather then something meaningful towards the club.

im just scared my beloved donny are heading that way. it feels like it... :wah:

Bloody hell, a Donny fan!

For the record, they are my second team due to family ties, and I hope to make it up to the away match during the coming season.

I understand the appeal of the smaller clubs, I really do, but I also love being part of something bigger. Sharing some of the moments I've had following the Saints alongside thousands of other people really can be spine-tingling fabulous.

Albeit if we now face a year of wonderful moments on a smaller stage.

well for me i cant really go smaller, i am from canterbury and support canterbury all the way, just wish i was there. And since we dont have relegation in the super 14 (which would be cool i think) i would hope that we dont go down that road, but there is no doubt i would still follow them though. I will follow them if they ever go to the heartland comp.

I applaud your reasoning, and i understand where you are coming from. if you guys didnt support these kind of teams, who would?

if i am not making sense its because i have had 2 hours sleep cause of the stupid yachting.

I applaud your reasoning, and i understand where you are coming from. if you guys didnt support these kind of teams, who would?
[/b]

I like it an completely different way to top flight, high profile...as kingofnoland said you feel part of the family at clubs like 'loo. I've only been going 2 years but as soon as I walked through the gates you feel welcome. It was one of our first games and my mate asked the guy behind the bar the Ireland score (England were playing at the same time and so were on the tv at the time). He said he didn't know but got someone to run out to the pitch to find her and tell her the score as soon as an update flashed up on the screen.

I love my 'big sport' Ie Everton but there's just something infinitely more homely about Waterloo.

Latest posts