• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Naas Botha

S

steynboi

The legendary springbok destined to be remembered as one of the best rugby players in the world, a definite rememberance among springboks.

A future hall of famer!.

what is your views on this player?

Botha was probably the best kicker of a ball the world of rugby has seen. He enjoyed a long career which was unfortunatly in the time that SA was banned from the international arena. Despite lacking physicality and doing his best to avoid tackles Botha had quick hands and an ability to get a back-line moving. But he will always be known for his long,long kicking. A drop goal master off both feet he also had an unbelievable record in the currie cup for Northern Transvaal. I was lucky enough to see his play at Twickers in 1992 against England where he was sadly past his best, but i will always remember seeing snippets of him kicking goals galore during "Rugby special" when I first got into the game.
A deserved nomination for the hall of fame.

Right you are sir! He was one of the 1st players to go into the HOF thanks to our old pal BokMagic.

Great player but cant see why he was one of the first players in. He certainly divided opinion when he played, I for one was a believer.

Got to respect the guy in the era that he played he was the top man, such a shame about SA`s isolation during his career.(same with Danie Gerber- another all time great!!!!!!!!!!)