• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Andrew Wilson interview

Apart from that comment have EA actually confirmed that Rugby will now be a yearly release along with the likes of Fifa and Madden ?

Yey, i can't wait for 2006 now
<

When is there going to be a board for 06 released as it will be worked on later on this year, won't it?

Originally posted by Darhf@Apr 1 2005, 03:21 AM
http://www.eaplay.com/australia/news/commu...erviews_wilson/

Nothing very interesting, except for :

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
EAPlay.com Members: How long have you and the Rugby 2005 team been worked on this game and what are they working on next?

Andrew Wilson: We have been working on Rugby 2005 for over a year now. Next up for the crew is Cricket 2005, which we are looking very forward to, and of course Rugby 2006!
[/b][/quote]
ok this is huge

someones gotto contact him, and tell him we need manual rucks/mauls and fully blown offloads

we cannot let this HB curse continue

as for cricket

it seems rushed, the have just finished rugby 2005 which apparantly took over 1 yr
and now they are starting on cricket 2005, for release in a few months:

A thats not enought time to make a decent sports game
B it will be Cricket 2004 with new graphics and engine, and nothing groundbreakingly new and jaw dropping...hence the timeframe its taking them make the game
C another half assed rushed attempt, that wont have proper manual fielding
D read the cricket thread............."Animated Ducks"........whoooaaaa Petebix maybe happy with animated ducks, but we all want fully manual fielding, running between wickets properly, and no half assed animations, and commentary

yea rugby 2005 seemed a bit like that to and it took a year.Rugby 2005 enhanced the graphics new engine but the players ratings are all the same most of them anyway.

I thought rokocoko was 84 in speed in 2004 because he was new and they didnt know much o thoguht for sure in 2005 hes be 96,7,8 or something bt hes like 85.

rico gear is 80 surely leon mcdonald isnt 71 in speed or jono gibbes has improved over the yr.

Hopefully 2006 they work on everything i do appreciate the game though they improved alot of things but it looks like cricket 2005 will do the same new graphics and engine instead of improving the whole thing.

Originally posted by ak47+Apr 1 2005, 12:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Apr 1 2005, 12:37 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Darhf
@Apr 1 2005, 03:21 AM
http://www.eaplay.com/australia/news/commu...erviews_wilson/

Nothing very interesting, except for :

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
EAPlay.com Members: How long have you and the Rugby 2005 team been worked on this game and what are they working on next?

Andrew Wilson: We have been working on Rugby 2005 for over a year now. Next up for the crew is Cricket 2005, which we are looking very forward to, and of course Rugby 2006!
[/b]
ok this is huge

someones gotto contact him, and tell him we need manual rucks/mauls and fully blown offloads

we cannot let this HB curse continue

as for cricket

it seems rushed, the have just finished rugby 2005 which apparantly took over 1 yr
and now they are starting on cricket 2005, for release in a few months:

A thats not enought time to make a decent sports game
B it will be Cricket 2004 with new graphics and engine, and nothing groundbreakingly new and jaw dropping...hence the timeframe its taking them make the game
C another half assed rushed attempt, that wont have proper manual fielding
D read the cricket thread............."Animated Ducks"........whoooaaaa Petebix maybe happy with animated ducks, but we all want fully manual fielding, running between wickets properly, and no half assed animations, and commentary [/b][/quote]
I'm pretty sure the team that works on the cricket game is a diff team that works on the rugby side of things.. so it would of been in development for quite a while im guessing

I'm pretty sure it's every 18 months for Rugby (I'm sure I read that on HB's site yonks ago). So there will probably be an EA Rugby game in September next year. Then again, they were saying they were expecting 1 million sales for Rugby 2005, if they got that, they might consider making it yearly.

Edit - I wonder if he was serious about the inclusion of a 7's mode?

Originally posted by ALLBLACKS@Apr 1 2005, 12:44 PM
yea rugby 2005 seemed a bit like that to and it took a year.Rugby 2005 enhanced the graphics new engine but the players ratings are all the same most of them anyway.

I thought rokocoko was 84 in speed in 2004 because he was new and they didnt know much o thoguht for sure in 2005 hes be 96,7,8 or something bt hes like 85.

rico gear is 80 surely leon mcdonald isnt 71 in speed or jono gibbes has improved over the yr.

Hopefully 2006 they work on everything i do appreciate the game though they improved alot of things but it looks like cricket 2005 will do the same new graphics and engine instead of improving the whole thing.
Luke McAllister: Goal kicking (14).

Originally posted by NZL fan+Apr 1 2005, 05:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Apr 1 2005, 05:43 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ALLBLACKS
@Apr 1 2005, 12:44 PM

Luke McAllister: Goal kicking (14). [/b]
<
...yeah i saw that

has andrew wilson got an email?

ill ask if he needs anyhelp aye with correct player stats

they also should hav overall stats

Originally posted by JJ-@Apr 1 2005, 02:12 PM
I'm pretty sure it's every 18 months for Rugby (I'm sure I read that on HB's site yonks ago). So there will probably be an EA Rugby game in September next year. Then again, they were saying they were expecting 1 million sales for Rugby 2005, if they got that, they might consider making it yearly.

Edit - I wonder if he was serious about the inclusion of a 7's mode?
Dont See why not, on the ESPN Basketball Games over the last 2 or 3 years they have included a seperate Street Mode, so Its not unheard of. And in the really early FIFA Games (Im talking Pre 1997) I swear one of there games had a 5 on 5 Indoor Soccer mode

Latest posts