• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New destinations for Pumas players?

Superalexmarket

Bench Player
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Duendes
Pressure from European clubs makes Pumas players looking for new destinations, and the Top League and Super Rugby appear as potential places.
Tommy Vallejos, second row, currently playing with Pampas XV, confirmed his move to the Top League of Japan, one reason is that Japanese clubs gives permissions to play every game with Argentina and an interesting economic contract.
The Harlequins player become the first argentine to move in to the J.League, and maybe not the last one.

Last edited:
Pressure from European clubs makes Pumas players looking for new destinations, and the Top League and Super Rugby appear as potential places.
Tommy Vallejos, second row, currently playing with Pampas XV, confirmed his move to the Top League of Japan, one reason is that Japanese clubs gives permissions to play every game with Argentina and an interesting economic contract.
The Harlequins player become the first argentine to move in to the J.League, and maybe not the last one.

Interesting development, definately starting to look like Argentine rugby is going to be less and less linked with Europe as time goes by. I'm a little suprised SANZAR hasn't adopted some sort of "one Argentine per club that dosen't count as a foreign player" rule at Super Rugby level. Ultimately I'd still like to see some professional teams in Argentina, but I know the Union has been incredibly stubborn in this regard for twenty years.

Latest posts