• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Primrose

Academy Player
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Bordeaux
New here, found this place on a Google search. I'm a French transplant to the United States and rugby is probably my second favorite sport, after ice hockey.

I have only ever played one match. It's hard to find rugby in this country.

New here, found this place on a Google search. I'm a French transplant to the United States and rugby is probably my second favorite sport, after ice hockey.

I have only ever played one match. It's hard to find rugby in this country.

I look forward to your being involved in the French Top 14 thread.....and also you will find there the Pro 2!!

Look forward to seeing what you have to say there and, of course, on all threads!! Welcome!

I look forward to your being involved in the French Top 14 thread.....and also you will find there the Pro 2!!

Look forward to seeing what you have to say there and, of course, on all threads!! Welcome!

Probably not a lot so far, to be honest. I like Bordeaux but I haven't watched much rugby since the 2011 RWC final. We were so close that it hurt and I strayed away from the sport for a bit, which is easy to do when you live in America.

Probably not a lot so far, to be honest. I like Bordeaux but I haven't watched much rugby since the 2011 RWC final. we were so close that it hurt and I strayed away from the sport for a bit, which is easy to do when you live in America.

Spare a though for us Welsh then :p

Welcome to the forum anyway mate! Not a huge amount of French fans on here, always nice to see more!

Spare a though for us Welsh then :p

Welcome to the forum anyway mate! Not a huge amount of French fans on here, always nice to see more!

Well stop tip tackling us then!

I'm certain Wales would have beaten us if not for a red card so early, if it makes you feel any better.

Well stop tip tackling us then!

I'm certain Wales would have beaten us if not for a red card so early, if it makes you feel any better.
welcome to the forum mate, yeah more french users are really good welcome, just to say are most troubled user is banned atm but when he come back on just watch out for him his username is Big Ewis, but you might like him he is also french, btw you got lucky last time we've met ;)

Last edited:
Was just plowing through the internet for my oldest and I found this site. I'm looking forward to joining this group and engaging in some good rugby talk. I played for 15 years while on Active Duty in the United States Marine Corps which also game me the opportunity to play for 2 years with Finchley Rugby Football Club in London England. I even married into a rugby family, meeting my spouse in London who's father was involved in coaching rugby at some pretty high levels (London Welsh, Saracens and more) At almost 47 years old, my playing days are behind me but my love for the game hasn't stopped and I get to currently live through my oldest who now plays. My son Josh started playing Rugby his freshman year in college only 4 short years ago. (Washington College Division 3 school) and he transferred into the University of Maryland last year where he streaked up the depth chart and was the starting scrum half by season's end. He played every minute of the Terps matches in the College Rugby Championships in 2014 and was selected to train at the Servi Camp in Colorado last summer (2014). He's also played a season in Australia and over the semester break this December, he is heading to London England to play on a "Student Side" for three weeks. I Love watching him progress....but as a young rugby player experience wise at the age of 22 (considered rugby prime for many) with only one season left next year at the U of Maryland, I'm hoping to find him a place to continue to grow and have the opportunity to play at the next level....I'm hoping through this forum I may be able to help my son route his rugby path after college. I've sent him this link as well and hope to get him registered so he can gain some first hand insite. Thanks guys!

Was just plowing through the internet for my oldest and I found this site. I'm looking forward to joining this group and engaging in some good rugby talk. I played for 15 years while on Active Duty in the United States Marine Corps which also game me the opportunity to play for 2 years with Finchley Rugby Football Club in London England. I even married into a rugby family, meeting my spouse in London who's father was involved in coaching rugby at some pretty high levels (London Welsh, Saracens and more) At almost 47 years old, my playing days are behind me but my love for the game hasn't stopped and I get to currently live through my oldest who now plays. My son Josh started playing Rugby his freshman year in college only 4 short years ago. (Washington College Division 3 school) and he transferred into the University of Maryland last year where he streaked up the depth chart and was the starting scrum half by season's end. He played every minute of the Terps matches in the College Rugby Championships in 2014 and was selected to train at the Servi Camp in Colorado last summer (2014). He's also played a season in Australia and over the semester break this December, he is heading to London England to play on a "Student Side" for three weeks. I Love watching him progress....but as a young rugby player experience wise at the age of 22 (considered rugby prime for many) with only one season left next year at the U of Maryland, I'm hoping to find him a place to continue to grow and have the opportunity to play at the next level....I'm hoping through this forum I may be able to help my son route his rugby path after college. I've sent him this link as well and hope to get him registered so he can gain some first hand insite. Thanks guys!
Welcome aboard.

eyy !!!! Where's that Québécoise chick @Primrose?!! why did she appear exactly during the time I was baabaa-banned ??!! Osti de calinnnn t'es dzu Québéc lo, jle sais moué !!
@EddieM0369 good morning. And. Welcome...to the The Rugby Forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
eyy !!!! Where's that Québécoise chick @Primrose?!! why did she appear exactly during the time I was baabaa-banned ??!! Osti de calinnnn t'es dzu Québéc lo, jle sais moué !!
@EddieM0369 good morning. And. Welcome...to the The Rugby Forum.

I'm right here still... just got the email notifications about replies to this thread going through 3,400 conversations in my gmail inbox... >.>

Edit: I'm not from Québec. I'm from Nouvelle-Calédonie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm right here still... just got the email notifications about replies to this thread going through 3,400 conversations in my gmail inbox... >.>

Edit: I'm not from Québec. I'm from Nouvelle-Calédonie.

You think it's the email notification that got you here, but that's but an excuse...You're back here because this is your calling, spending precious time throwing your life away on this forum, being subjected to awful aggravating humor all the time, reading people overreact over the most childish things, extend their sexually dubious appreciation for their favorite tall, handsome Rugby players...all this....ALL THIS could be yours and could sit in the palm of your foot.

Nouvelle Calédonie ?? huh...I remember reading a distinctly Québécois expression from you on some thread though...well that's interesting. Were you born there, are you native from there, how does it work ? I went to French Polynesia Bora Bora once and it's funny there were some people every once in a while who were originally French/ ethnically European but that had the accent of the locals. They were much too different from the French from here anymore and I don't even think considered themselves French anymore.

You think it's the email notification that got you here, but that's but an excuse...You're back here because this is your calling, spending precious time throwing your life away on this forum, being subjected to awful aggravating humor all the time, reading people overreact over the most childish things, extend their sexually dubious appreciation for their favorite tall, handsome Rugby players...all this....ALL THIS could be yours and could sit in the palm of your foot.

Nouvelle Calédonie ?? huh...I remember reading a distinctly Québécois expression from you on some thread though...well that's interesting. Were you born there, are you native from there, how does it work ? I went to French Polynesia Bora Bora once and it's funny there were some people every once in a while who were originally French/ ethnically European but that had the accent of the locals. They were much too different from the French from here anymore and I don't even think considered themselves French anymore.

Born in New Caledonia, French/Chinese mother, American father, grew up in North America, people I was/am able to speak French with are primarily from Québec, so plenty of Canadianisms (in particular sacrés) have made it into my French.

Born in New Caledonia, French/Chinese mother, American father, grew up in North America, people I was/am able to speak French with are primarily from Québec, so plenty of Canadianisms (in particular sacrés) have made it into my French.

haha so you're completely fkd up like me :p French dad, Coptic Egyptian mom, lived all my life in Qatar...I dunno what the hell I am ! Lived in Montreal two years so I know all about them Québéquismes ! :D lovely ppl there, certainly cooler and less high strung than here in the hexagon. So what's your accent like with all that ??..I'm sure Rugby is huge over there in the islands, but by far most of the French guys from Polynesia are from Wallis (the Taofifenua, Séb Vahaamahina, Chris Tolofua, Suta...). How popular was it where you're from ?

haha so you're completely fkd up like me :p French dad, Coptic Egyptian mom, lived all my life in Qatar...I dunno what the hell I am ! Lived in Montreal two years so I know all about them Québéquismes ! :D lovely ppl there, certainly cooler and less high strung than here in the hexagon. So what's your accent like with all that ??..I'm sure Rugby is huge over there in the islands, but by far most of the French guys from Polynesia are from Wallis (the Taofifenua, Séb Vahaamahina, Chris Tolofua, Suta...). How popular was it where you're from ?

Dear lord brother ... grammar is not your thing.

Oh man, my accent's pretty bad. It's mostly Canadian-sounding thanks to my mother, as her grandmother was from Québec. But... I hold a French passport. I must confuse the hell out of people when I speak in French.

When I speak English I sound like a normal American with no accent though...

Welcome Primrose!

Yeah, I hear it's hard finding teams in the US - apparently the college system is pretty good for it, but otherwise it sounds virtually non-existent.

Oh man, my accent's pretty bad. It's mostly Canadian-sounding thanks to my mother, as her grandmother was from Québec. But... I hold a French passport. I must confuse the hell out of people when I speak in French.

When I speak English I sound like a normal American with no accent though...

there we go, totally got a 'Northern' vibe from reading you. C'est ben s'que j'pensais lo !! Yep we're products of this modern age, mixed, directionless, complete living absurdities...I mean this as a compliment, naturally. There was a time when hybrid abominations were only in mythology, now we're living breathing creatures (still flattering you in case there's any doubt, never know..).

Could you tell me about where you're from exactly in the islands there and what Rugby was like, the weight of it ? All the boys in school would play it, was it the top sport, would people watch it regularly on tv ? Would the locals cheer for France or maybe feel like the French were the oppressors and would rather cheer for other Islanders ? Just asking out of pure curiosity.

there we go, totally got a 'Northern' vibe from reading you. C'est ben s'que j'pensais lo !! Yep we're products of this modern age, mixed, directionless, complete living absurdities...I mean this as a compliment, naturally. There was a time when hybrid abominations were only in mythology, now we're living breathing creatures (still flattering you in case there's any doubt, never know..).

Could you tell me about where you're from exactly in the islands there and what Rugby was like, the weight of it ? All the boys in school would play it, was it the top sport, would people watch it regularly on tv ? Would the locals cheer for France or maybe feel like the French were the oppressors and would rather cheer for other Islanders ? Just asking out of pure curiosity.

I was born in the city of Nouméa, the capital city. I moved away to North America when I was very young so I honestly don't know much of what the locals thought of rugby on the islands. My dad is American and is into the NFL and my mother doesn't like sport so they're not great resources to ask about either. From what I know, rugby is a minor sport in New Caledonia but football is pretty popular ever since New Caledonia were allowed into the OFC. I've caught some streamed matches and find myself rooting for New Caledonia in tournaments such as the OFC Nations Cup.

As for me, I cheer for France in football and rugby as well as the United States in "soccer" (that's actually what I call it when speaking). USA is a tier 2 rugby nation so my rooting interest would be irrelevant in a USA vs. France rugby match, but I don't know what I'd do if there was ever a France vs. USA match at the World Cup (of football that is).

Latest posts