• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Players

Who care's if the poaching brigade come's out, they can just look like idiots again when they ***** about a player coming as a kid who's voice has just started cracking while they field a team full of former South African Under 21 players. [/b]

Maybe my english is not good enough. :huh: :D
Arriving at 16 years old is not arriving "as a kid".
Coming at 4 with your parents looking for a better life is ok. Coming at 16 after being scouted , to play rugby, and then be in the AB's is poaching. Simple as that.

lol, scouted. He was spotted by Mt Albert who offered him a scholarship, while, funnily enough, the one's who bought him to NZ were Samoan. He went up through the Auckland School Rugby system under with Bryan Williams as his mentor. Last time I checked, Auckland is in New Zealand. Even in Samoa he was a Blues and NZ Rugby fan, and he say's so himself that the only reason he is the player he is today is because New Zealand developled him.

Unless you think that NZ High Schools are in the employment of the NZRFU and go around pillaging little Samoan Villages using there advance systems which can spot greatness in a 14 year oldd. Although judging by your posts, it wouldn't surprise me.

lol, scouted. He was spotted by Mt Albert who offered him a scholarship, while, funnily enough, the one's who bought him to NZ were Samoan. He went up through the Auckland School Rugby system under with Bryan Williams as his mentor. Last time I checked, Auckland is in New Zealand. Even in Samoa he was a Blues and NZ Rugby fan, and he say's so himself that the only reason he is the player he is today is because New Zealand developled him.

Unless you think that NZ High Schools are in the employment of the NZRFU and go around pillaging little Samoan Villages using there advance systems which can spot greatness in a 14 year oldd. Although judging by your posts, it wouldn't surprise me. [/b]

14 or 16 ? Could you be more precise please ?

What the guy says is actually of little importance because it's clear he wants to play for the AB's so he's gonna speak accordingly. You said he was spotted by Mt Albert . So they went to Samoa, they saw him , and decided to offer him a scolarship, probably because he looked promising as a rugby player ? If that is not scouting I don't know what it is. :wall: I doubt Mt Albert offer scolarship randomly to useless guys. :bleh!:
Mt Albert is not the NZRFU, however given the number of good rugby players that came from this school I very much doubt that there is zero connection between them. Anyway, that doesn't change any of the facts: he was living in Samoa, he was then spotted (if you like this one better) as a 14/16 yrs old, offered a scolarship (probably because he was good in English medieval litterature), brought back to NZ and now, how strange, he may very much play for the AB's . :blink:

Over to you Spin Boy.

poaching brigade? let me at em! let me at em!

i mean come on, 16? and hes chosen his carrer? im 20 and still dont know what the f*** im doing, at 16 your still a child and are oblivious to your carrer - no matter how mature the 16yo.

again - auckland is the biggest polynesian city in the world. you are always going to have players who have been here since they were 16 wanting to represent it. to take that away is unfair. auckland is where hes spent all of his mature life at least. he had no personal responsibility untill he truned 16, so he came when hes just starting to be able to make important choices.

poaching brigade? let me at em! let me at em!

i mean come on, 16? and hes chosen his carrer? im 20 and still dont know what the f*** im doing, at 16 your still a child and are oblivious to your carrer - no matter how mature the 16yo.

again - auckland is the biggest polynesian city in the world. you are always going to have players who have been here since they were 16 wanting to represent it. to take that away is unfair. auckland is where hes spent all of his mature life at least. he had no personal responsibility untill he truned 16, so he came when hes just starting to be able to make important choices. [/b]

I know Auckland is the biggest Poly city in the world and there would be no debate if the guy was born there. However he is not. You said he didn't know what he was gonna do with his life at 16 etc. Fine, but then can you explain me why he was offered a scholarship at Mt Albert then ? Are you sure it's not for playing rugby ?

<div class='quotemain'> lol, scouted. He was spotted by Mt Albert who offered him a scholarship, while, funnily enough, the one's who bought him to NZ were Samoan. He went up through the Auckland School Rugby system under with Bryan Williams as his mentor. Last time I checked, Auckland is in New Zealand. Even in Samoa he was a Blues and NZ Rugby fan, and he say's so himself that the only reason he is the player he is today is because New Zealand developled him.

Unless you think that NZ High Schools are in the employment of the NZRFU and go around pillaging little Samoan Villages using there advance systems which can spot greatness in a 14 year oldd. Although judging by your posts, it wouldn't surprise me. [/b]

14 or 16 ? Could you be more precise please ?

What the guy says is actually of little importance because it's clear he wants to play for the AB's so he's gonna speak accordingly. You said he was spotted by Mt Albert . So they went to Samoa, they saw him , and decided to offer him a scolarship, probably because he looked promising as a rugby player ? If that is not scouting I don't know what it is. :wall: I doubt Mt Albert offer scolarship randomly to useless guys. :bleh!:
Mt Albert is not the NZRFU, however given the number of good rugby players that came from this school I very much doubt that there is zero connection between them. Anyway, that doesn't change any of the facts: he was living in Samoa, he was then spotted (if you like this one better) as a 14/16 yrs old, offered a scolarship (probably because he was good in English medieval litterature), brought back to NZ and now, how strange, he may very much play for the AB's . :blink:

Over to you Spin Boy.
[/b][/quote]

Ah look back - Fcuklernaut said 16, not me - I said early Teens, I just had to find that article about him when he first burst onto the scene. And Mt Albert went nowhere buddy - they spotted him in NZ... two Samoan coaches by the way were the ones who encouraged to go to Mt Albert. So far, we have a 14 year old kid who gets spotted by Two Samoans, who encourage him to go to Mt Albert where he then comes up through the Auckland age group system, which David Smith himselfs credit for making him the player he is today.

Just out of interest, hows Petier De Villiers these days? Do you still have your Tony Marsh poster hanging on your wall? Brian Leibenberg still in with a chance too add to his test caps?

Ah look back - Fcuklernaut said 16, not me - I said early Teens, I just had to find that article about him when he first burst onto the scene. And Mt Albert went nowhere buddy - they spotted him in NZ... two Samoan coaches by the way were the ones who encouraged to go to Mt Albert. So far, we have a 14 year old kid who gets spotted by Two Samoans, who encourage him to go to Mt Albert where he then comes up through the Auckland age group system, which David Smith himselfs credit for making him the player he is today.

Just out of interest, hows Petier De Villiers these days? Do you still have your Tony Marsh poster hanging on your wall? Brian Leibenberg still in with a chance too add to his test caps? [/quote]
Fcukernaut didn't post in this thread but anyway. So because the gyus that encouraged him to go are Samoan, and Mt Albert made him what he is it's ok for him to play for the AB's ? I've seen more flawed logic but if it's ok for you...I'm not Samoan after all.

I just knew this would come out :rolleyes: ....Pieter de Viliers has retired now, as Tony Marsh. Brian Liebenberg is still playing.

Pieter de Villiers was fist capped at the age of 27. I don't think they missed him back in the Republic.
Tony Marsh 29 Not missed either
Liebenberg 24. Same thing.
Those three came up north because they had no future with their national team. It's not really the same case as Smith's.

Fcukernaut didn't post in this thread but anyway.[/b]

Read Frenchie, Read

Post 13 of this very thread : http://www.therugbyforum.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=317393

But why bother scrolling up when you can just make yourself look like an idiot... again

So because the gyus that encouraged him to go are Samoan, and Mt Albert made him what he is it's ok for him to play for the AB's ? I've seen more flawed logic but if it's ok for you...I'm not Samoan after all.[/b]

How's it flawed logic - Your saying that he was poached by New Zealand Rugby - the fact of the matter is he moved to New Zealand at the behest of his own countrymen when he barely and is only as good as he is today because he came up through the New Zealand rugby system. You make it out like he was fully developed as a Rugby player and that the NZRFU talent scouts on their annual raiding parties spotted him scoring 16 tries a game against men sides.

I just knew this would come out :rolleyes: ....Pieter de Viliers has retired now, as Tony Marsh. Brian Liebenberg is still playing.

Pieter de Villiers was fist capped at the age of 27. I don't think they missed him back in the Republic.
Those three came up north because they had no future with their national team. It's not really the same case as Smith's.[/b]

Once again, find me a talent scout who can spot a sure fire international player at the age 13-14 and I will personally pay his salary on behalf of the NZRFU. Your whole arguement has been David Smith was poached on the incorrect notion he came at the age 16 - but now your saying it's ok for players who go to a country in their early to mid twenties to play for France, despite the fact France had no role in shaping them into the players they became and didn't help their development one iota. New Zealand on the other hand, bought David Smith up through it's system, through the First XV system as well as age group teams and invested our resources and time into him from a relativley young age. Yet we poached and you lot didn't? :cheers: Good for you son, keep telling yourself that.

<div class='quotemain'>
Fcukernaut didn't post in this thread but anyway.[/b]

Read Frenchie, Read

Post 13 of this very thread : http://www.therugbyforum.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=317393

But why bother scrolling up when you can just make yourself look like an idiot... again

So because the gyus that encouraged him to go are Samoan, and Mt Albert made him what he is it's ok for him to play for the AB's ? I've seen more flawed logic but if it's ok for you...I'm not Samoan after all.[/b]

How's it flawed logic - Your saying that he was poached by New Zealand Rugby - the fact of the matter is he moved to New Zealand at the behest of his own countrymen when he barely and is only as good as he is today because he came up through the New Zealand rugby system. You make it out like he was fully developed as a Rugby player and that the NZRFU talent scouts on their annual raiding parties spotted him scoring 16 tries a game against men sides.

Those three came up north because they had no future with their national team. It's not really the same case as Smith's.[/b]

Once again, find me a talent scout who can spot a sure fire international player at the age 13-14 and I will personally pay his salary on behalf of the NZRFU. Your whole arguement has been David Smith was poached on the incorrect notion he came at the age 16 - but now your saying it's ok for players who go to a country in their early to mid twenties to play for France, despite the fact France had no role in shaping them into the players they became and didn't help their development one iota. New Zealand on the other hand, bought David Smith up through it's system, through the First XV system as well as age group teams and invested our resources and time into him from a relativley young age. Yet we poached and you lot didn't? :cheers: Good for you son, keep telling yourself that.
[/b][/quote]

Okay, some clarifications. Since you didn't response I thought this was a dead case but let's have another round, Kiwi. :bleh!: (Did it take you that long to think and write all of that ?)

You say he came at 14, sent by two Samoan coaches . First, why was he advised to go in NZ if it's not rugby ? Makes no sense otherway. :wall: (Maybe the NZRFU WILL pay those scouts after all aye :bleh!: ) That means he had potential to become a good rugby player (maybe).
Then , in NZ he gets a scholarship at Mt Albert ( age ?). Once again, if it's not for his rugby ability then what ? And then he goes on to play for Auckland in the NPC and everything.

So he was effectively formed by NZ. Since he arrived a 14, (no way he could have been formed by the Samoan union, even if they wanted to). For the rugby. Not like Muliaina or So'oialo, who came in NZ with their parents for a better life.Can we agree on that ?

Let us now see the case of say Pieter De Villiers.

SA born. Goes through the whole SA club system. Plays at Stellenbosch season 94-95. The SA selectors and age groups had like eight years of him playing in SA to select him.
Arrives in France for the 95-96 season at the age of 23 ( NOT 14). First capped in 99 at 27. SA had plenty of time to cap him if they wanted, in the end they did not, we did. If you can't see the difference with Smith's case, then nothing will do I'm afraid.

You got me on the Fcukernaut thing. Scrolled back but somehow didn't see it. :ph34r:

Wouldn't mind seeing the 17 year old James O'Connor getting a run out for Australia. As it is his birthday soon it would be a fantastic present. He really impressed me during his few games in the Super14. In the real world he will get his first cap either next Tri-Nations or the following.

Centre - Richard Kahui (Chiefs)
Had a great ANZC in 06 but was out all of 2007 with injury. Lethal tackler, and a good organiser of the defense, good on attack too. The AB selecters last year specifically stated when picking the Tri Nations squad (I think it was) that he couldn't be picked due to injury and thus it appears that they have definitley considered him.
[/b]

I have seen play against England and He promises really good

Latest posts