• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NEW RUGBY GAME 2023?

With a bit of googling a saw there was a new big ant rugby game being made apparently (if the interweb can be trusted).

Not holding out any faith though, every game since rugby 08 has had less features and a lot of non licensed teams but I'm sure there will be a money spinner World Cup 23 game that's rubbish.

yeah wouldn't be surprised if there is at least one game next year to tie in with the rugby world cup. Maybe we will two a rugby 23 and then big ant or wicked witch making a game as well

Ross, the CEO of Big Ant has mentioned a few times on Twitter that they are working on a game. Big Ant were bought by Nacon, who published Rugby 22 so looks like Big Ant have taken over development from EKO Software. Never played it but Rugby League Live 4 looked like a decent game and they have done a great job with their cricket games. My hope is that Wicked Witch won't be producing another game so the licenses they have will be freed up however if we get Big Ants customisation tools I won't be too bothered

The problem they will face is that with the amount of rubbish games people have had and the top quality of other sports games people play, I think a lot of people will stay away from the game if it's not all singing and dancing.

They really need a good amount of licences and/or a customisation hub so people can easily share teams across all platforms.
They also need a proper career mode which the recent games seem to focus so little on but is such an important part of the game.

But I'm guessing we will get a half baked game just in time for the wc which won't sell well because it's just not good enough in todays gaming market.

The rugby league live fanhub creation was pretty awesome. Hopefully it's implemented into the next union game. Especially if they can't sort out the liscensing issues.

Hi guys

You can check out new early access/demo 7s Rugby game for pc and mobile over at itch.io.

Smart ai. Career mode. Physics based tackling. Fast paced action.

Regards

Yea, its really been silent on that front. As was referred to above, Big Ant has referred to having "a HUGE rugby union game in development" (June 15) but nothing to add in the last seven months. I guess they're still focused on their tennis and cricket games given the season in Australia.

Their CEO was at Twickenham on the 9th of December so could've been doing dome stadium scans (or he was just having a nice holiday). He also referred to it looking great on September 25th.

Last definitive word on it was a response to a tweet on December 8 2022 by their CEO: "There definitely won't be any announcements this year for Rugby - we have been working on the game for a long time, it will be worth the wait."

Hi What is news if any on new games coming

Rugby Challenge 5?
Rugby 23?
Big ANt?
Yeah big ant studios are making a game which will be released before the world cup
Yea, its really been silent on that front. As was referred to above, Big Ant has referred to having "a HUGE rugby union game in development" (June 15) but nothing to add in the last seven months. I guess they're still focused on their tennis and cricket games given the season in Australia.

Their CEO was at Twickenham on the 9th of December so could've been doing dome stadium scans (or he was just having a nice holiday). He also referred to it looking great on September 25th.

Last definitive word on it was a response to a tweet on December 8 2022 by their CEO: "There definitely won't be any announcements this year for Rugby - we have been working on the game for a long time, it will be worth the wait."

Post on the rugby 22 Facebook 2A9DD6ED-5BA0-42CA-BB92-640503CDB826.pngC9FD9A37-8245-4933-B3C2-5BDBAE2F3D05.png
Not very promising on getting all the licences when they only show the WC, URC, too 14 and pro D2 (I think).

That's not enough.

Agree but don't forget it is a while before they release the game so that might give them time to get lisences to other comps such as super rugby and premiership and other competitions and lisenced stadiums

Check out my breakdown here if you want a quick watch, it's a big ant game so no major worries about licences 👍

Post on the rugby 22 Facebook View attachment 16228View attachment 16229
Not very promising on getting all the licences when they only show the WC, URC, too 14 and pro D2 (I think).

That's not enough.
Not so worried about licenses when Big Ant are creating the game. Have a look at their creator tools from Cricket 22. With a large community there will be some incredible work coming out which in some cases will look better than what Big Ant create. It's also been announced that there will be 130 playable national teams so I feel they still have a lot more to announce regarding teams

Latest posts