• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Rugby game for 2012/2013?

I agree Rugby Challenge is a fun game and it has massive potential, and I don't really know how to sound this without say like a dick but why was the last patch released last year October?

It doesn't look like Sidhe have any more intent on patching rugby challenge, its pretty much just an ornament now.. which really sucks coz the game has so much potential, and I don't expect they'll make another rugby game until the next world cup, which also sucks.

OMG if 2k sports took up a rugby Game it would be unreal ,look at there baseball ***les ,they went for gameplay and atmosphere first in their playstation 1 ***les which most people played intead of ea sports baseball and kept building on the baseball franchise keeping to that and the last three ***les have awesome because they didnt change the game engine just the graphics and game modes and its a market leader.Anyway just a dream that they would take it over sidhe game engines is pretty bad those of us that play rugby know that their game lacked heaps but I brought it and still play it beacause id rather play rugby than american football.Mt mates been working on a Football Manager-esk game for Downloadable and pc gaming and its awesome each player has skills like Ruck Technique,Counter Ruck technique and Ruck Hit Power and Counter ruck Power it would be awesome if the next rugby Game went into this detail.

It's been 6 months since I played either game. Looking back it's very ironic people comparing the two games because if they came together, pooled resources and funding we probably would have had a good rugby game.

I imagine there will be another game for the next world cup but can't see it developing past a few minor updates.

It would be good to know from HB and SIDHE how they performed in relation to their expectations and whether they could say if they are planning on developing another rugby ***le.

I just picked up RWC 2011 today, simply because it was only a few dollars brand-new, and have only played a couple of games. It is definitely a very minor iteration on the Rugby '08 formula. Comparing the 2 games, I think RC captured the free-flowing, dynamic running game well (yeah offloads and crazy passes aside), and has practically no forward play; RWC on the other-hand has pretty solid forward and ruck play mechanics, like the pick-and-drives, a dedicated button for a forward hit-up from the ruck, quick steal buttons etc, but pretty 'rigid'-feeling back-play and passing mechanics.

Definitely a combination of the 2 games could be a great step forward, or at least whoever creates the next instalment of their franchise should take a lot of leaves from the oppositions book in terms of gameplay mechanics.

It would be good to know from HB and SIDHE how they performed in relation to their expectations and whether they could say if they are planning on developing another rugby ***le.
Sidhe said on their forums that sales were as they were expecting and stated a few times that a 2 year gap between games would be reasonable.
So although they haven't officially announced anything you can probably expect a new game from them at the end of next year.

Hi , why cant codemasters bring out a new jonah lomu with upto date graphics and teams that would do , or why cant anybody buy the rights from codemasters

Go get the Saturn out of the loft and boot it up. Play a few games then come back and scroll down.

You're back? Good.

That is why nobody will update it. Sorry for ruining the memory.

What a knob you are , have you even played the game , if you had you might understand what i am on about , go and a buy a ps2 and the game you might learn something

JLR is a PS1 & Sega Saturn game, moron. Are you even old enough to remember them?

JLR is a PS1 & Sega Saturn game, moron. Are you even old enough to remember them?

The PS2 is a backward-compatible console, moron.

(Although I just want to make it clear I'm not dragging myself into this. And you're not a moron. Either of you. OK, thanks, bye.)

Hi, I would like to know if there would be a new rugby game for ps3/Xbox/pc in 2012 and/or 2013:(:)
If there will be, I would like a version for my iPhone too. Been playing the Tiger Woods golf game, and this time I want to try something different.

These people on the twitter/facebook interwebs are trying to get EA to make a new rugby game in 2013 fully licensed and I couldn't believe some of the names they have following or whatever they call it:

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSRUGBY

There's as much chance of them making a difference as me getting Scarlett Johannson for Christmas.

i hope so. i dream of a day when they make a rugby game to the same standard as fifa.

Shi!t yeah. I watched a doco on the making of Fifa 13 or 12? They had a team of players wearing suits with all these sensors who would then perform the various moves that you see in Fifa etc etc very advanced.

Latest posts