• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Xbox Experience

Z

Zonerunner

With everybody on Xbox Live getting it from Wednesday and me getting into the third phase of the Preview Programme, I figured now would be a good time to discuss Microsoft's new toy.

I've been faffing about with it for just under a day now, and my expectations have been largely met (read: fairly muted). The hard drive access is so considerably quicker its worth the upgrade all on its own, and you can delete games off your gamercard if you have 0 points in them (tested rather successfully on that Street Fighter demo I played when I first got the console). On the other hand, I dont think they could have made the Marketplace more difficult to navigate for new arrivals (the A-Z listing however is a good idea). Avatars arent really very customisable either. I've yet to try hard drive loading, but as theres a bit on my copy of GTA IV which stubbornly refuses to load, so I think i'll try that and see if it'll work off the hard drive.

So, as I never got the chance to get all my questions answered about the NXE before I got the upgrade, I thought I would extend my services to answer as many questions as I can that you have about the new update. Just leave a reply and I shall do my best. This is also the place to voice any concerns or expectations you may have, so that I may dash(board) them vigorously.

<div align='center'>

My avatar (at least my complete lack of fashion sense has translated well)</div>

How sure are you that different clothes will be available to "purchase"?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 15 2008, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How sure are you that different clothes will be available to "purchase"?[/b]
Microsoft have essentially confirmed it, even going so far as to talk about a possible "fashion marketplace" to go alongside the game and video ones, so yes, pretty sure.

It'll take a little getting used to but that's to be said with all new things. It looks ok.
The one thing i do despise however is that avatar thingy. What a load of bull. I looked at it and thought how it looks as if xbox have catered this for 6 year olds.
Needless to say when i came back home this later on this evening my flatmate told me how he'd spent close to an hour making our avatar...a black man with dreds. What the f***?
I just go straight to playing the game.
One good thing is that it doesn't automatically load up the inserted disc. I sometimes put programmes on my flashdisk and play it thru my xbox and it always used to start up cod4 which i'd have to sign out of to go back to the dashboard. Now i'm already on there. Much better.

Yeah this has just taken me back to square one really. I spent almost an hour making my stupid avatar and in the end all you see of it is a stupid little photo. Hardly looked around, just made my guy and started playing as everything looks so f***ing confusing.

It's a bit of a culture shock but the more I messed around with it the easier it became. I ended up making a new gamertag by mistake!

another win for 360. the new xbox experience out before Home on the ps3. Sony really need to get home out the door as quick as possible now surely.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not unusual to resemble youthful Tom Jones
DO DO DO, DO DO DO

Yes, OK, so I look like John Cena's biggest fan but with a terminal illness! So sue me - there ain't nothing on there that looks like me!

What's new pussycat(s)
WOAH WOAH WOAH WO-OAH!

Well as we are all doing it... I though I may chuck my little fella into the pot

Latest posts