• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Newbie in rugby looking for help

M'kkt B'kkt

Academy Player
Country Flag
Finland
Hi all!
I'm newbie in rugby. I discovered rugby like two years from now. After that I have been watching randomly matches, youtube videos and read sites about rugby.
now I want to start rugby myself as a freetime hobby (not playing in team, maybe later). The situation is: I live in Finland and rugby is NOT famous sport here. theres six teams overall in finland. and no talk about junior leagues, NONE!

So I had one rugby ball wich I bought from england while visiting there. It just got broken by accident :( So I need new ball.
You cant get rugby balls from finland so I have to order them from somewhere else. I have tried sondico store (Store.sondico.com) But I think my order have failed somehow becose It says that confimation email sended and I have received nothing. as annoying fact to contact them you need order code wich you receive with that email -.-' So i'm in dead end with that. I think that I try order somewhere else around europe but I dont know much of shops that sells rugby equipment. In fact I know only lillywhites and sondico store. oh.. I have tried worldrugbyshop but shipping costs are *****. What store you guys recommend? and how is best to way to keep balls so that they maintain long life and usage time?

If this goes to wrong section can somebody move it to right?
even this site is too complex to me so I didnt know where to post this

I would be very grateful from all help I can get C: (yes there is million spelling mistakes)

You might try ebay.co.uk, I saw there a lot of rugby balls. I don't have much experience but I've been using couple Gilbert training balls (e.g. Zenon, size 5) and they are pretty good (and not that expensive I guess).

Try the Rugbystore.co.uk for a new ball. In terms of keeping the ball in good shape, just take care of it really. The grip will wear away after a while. Just don't leave it out in the rain the whole time if you want to keep it for a long time, maybe wash the muck off it with warm water when your finished with it.

I'm not sure that there are only 6 clubs in Finland either. I found this list of clubs on the Finnish Rugby Union site:
Hämeenlinna
Linna Rugby CLub
Helsinki
* Helsinki Rugby Club
* Warriors Rugby Club
* Warriors Rugby Club Ladies
Finnish Rugby Referees Association
Jyväskylä
* Jyväskylä Rugby Club
Kajaani
* Kajaanin Rugby Seura
Kotka
* Griffins RFC
Kuopio
* Kuopio Rugby Club
Lahti
* Lahti Sisu
Pori
Pori Rugby Club
Oulu
* Oulun Yliopiston Urheiluseura, Rugbyjaosto
Rauma
* Rauma Ice Pack
Rovaniemi
* Santa Claus R.U.F.C
Tampere
* Tampere Rugby Club
Turku
* Eagles Rugby Football Club
Vaasa
* Vaasa Wolves

I hope this has helped. Good luck, and enjoy playing rugby.

Thanks For responds!
Yes I noticed that List too. I dont know How didnt I checked that. I only checked A calendar on Turku's Eagles site. And it said that they only had matches aganist six teams :D so my bad this time. I'm so curious that they dont sell rugby equipment at all (None on turku's area.. None on webshops expect Rugby league offical ball wich you can order from rugby.fi)

I Dont trust Ebay at all. so I'm going to try Rugbystore.co.uk For new ball and kicking tee! :)

Latest posts