• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Nice Touches

C

CeeJay

In 06 theyve added some nice little touches that make the game that much better, heres what i like so far:

1. The pitches are just gorgeous, from dry to muddy they look so bloody real, and the steam coming off them and the players is just an extra nice touch.

2. Looping highlights at half time and full time that you can flick through over an over, sort of pro evo style. Nice touch big time.

3. Tapping the try touchdown button instead of holding it, to place the ball down casually. This is an oooooh so sweet touch.

4. Win the world cup, and YES you finally get to see your captain hoist the trophy. nice touch.

5. There seem to be lots of different kicking stances (goal kicking ) for all the different kickers! Even David hill! nice little touch.

Needless to say im still lovin this game.

I like the new animations for players picking up a ball near the sidelines. they actually make an effort to stay away from the touchline. very cool

I think they've got them for most of the 'major' teams kickersk. Wilkinson, Paterson, Henson, O' Gara etc etc all have them.

Just won bledisloe and tri nations in the final game of the tournament, and first it showed tana and the boys hoisting the bledisloe cup, and then it repeats the seqence with the tri nations trophy, they even pose for a group photo at the end, awsome stuff.

Do they represent the trophy you have won in ALL competitions?

I have to wait a week to get it just to find out now... ;)

Nice touch I agree, I think the offloads and the quick penalties and lineouts are the best additions to the series.

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner@Feb 17 2006, 12:31 AM
I think they've got them for most of the 'major' teams kickersk. Wilkinson, Paterson, Henson, O' Gara etc etc all have them.
love it, you cheeky sausage slipping patterson in there!

it is cool tho and its little things that keep you interested.

love the dot down tries,

but my favourite are the cross kicks which are a real attacking option now, not just an add on that you wouldnt generally use. real class from ea on that bad boy

I know the graphics are better but not good enough to notice that Patterson keeps his eyes shut when he's kicking. lol :p

i've only had a handful of games on it but it feels class.

granted, there are some room for improvements, but i'm loving it.

hell, i was still enjoying 2005 up until the day before yesterday, but this . . . attacking is so much fun. and so is defending against it.

a cool thing happened earlier on, shane williams running for the corner but wans't going to make it so did a round the back pass inside for henson to run over for a try...that was sweet!

Originally posted by ***an@Feb 17 2006, 07:34 AM
Another nice touch....props with their socks rolled down.
Also some backs as well, like sivivatu and latham, which is pretty cool coz i think they do in real life too.

I dont know if the celebrations with the trophy happens with all comps, so far ive won tri nations bledisloe and world, currently im doing my second s14 coming first this time, I would assume it has this fo all comps.

Latest posts