• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Nike Total 90 III

C

Canadian_Rugby_Guy

I've heard alot of positives about this brand of boot. I'm thinking of getting a pair of soft ground ones cause I can change the spikes and use them for a longer time. But it appears the firm ground version gives alot of traction so does anyone know if the non-screwables are durable?

308228-102.jpg

not sure man, but im not to sure about the total 90's i would rather go with the mercs

how much are those, they look like a nice boot from the outside

anyways, i have addidas predators (non screwable), im sure both use the same standard on the non screwable, and i kick with my preds all the time and i have to sometimes walk or run on the pavement to get the balls, and they havent worn down yet, ive had them for 6 months.

plus what exactly does the total 90 mean?

i kno a soccer match is 90 minutes is that what its for..

supposedly so you can play the whole 90 minutes. (bullshit but hey they're nice boots). So these are about 138 cdn plus shipping and handling and all. The thing is I'm wondering if it's worth it, because the firm ground version of that is maybe 3 quarters the price, but like I said I don't want my boots to wear out after a season.

Okay to tell you the truth there isnt a lot of difference, its not really a durable factor. Its more of the style of player you are. If you are after boots with longevity i sugest to spend money on your boots, and not go for the cheaper models. Basically because you quite often find that they split along the side of the boot, better Totals dont. also better boots dont have the problem that older/cheaper boots used to have with the synthetic material molding around your foot and bending in proper ways.

Between Soft and Hard ground, basically you can change your sprig size in the soft grounds so you dont slip, bit if you are a fast player who likes speed and minuverabillity (spelling lol) the hard ground molded sprigs are for you how ever i think that nike has some better moldies then the total 90. So thats it basically.

Originally posted by jinxed_nz@Jul 10 2006, 04:04 PM
Okay to tell you the truth there isnt a lot of difference, its not really a durable factor. Its more of the style of player you are. If you are after boots with longevity i sugest to spend money on your boots, and not go for the cheaper models. Basically because you quite often find that they split along the side of the boot, better Totals dont. also better boots dont have the problem that older/cheaper boots used to have with the synthetic material molding around your foot and bending in proper ways.

Between Soft and Hard ground, basically you can change your sprig size in the soft grounds so you dont slip, bit if you are a fast player who likes speed and minuverabillity (spelling lol) the hard ground molded sprigs are for you how ever i think that nike has some better moldies then the total 90. So thats it basically.
soft grounds are good for mobility and bein quick as well to... whenever i watch rugby matches i always look at boots

ive noticed that a majority of players wear the soft ground versions of their boots
i.e. dan carter, gavin henson, shane williams, brian o'driscoll, wilko etc...

so i would go with whichever ones you want.. i read this somewhere and i will post it here... " a new set of studs is always cheaper than a new pair of boots "

i would go with the soft grounds myself.. as i am buying the talaria's for soft ground shortly..

Latest posts