• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Nintendos Revolution control pad

K

kinkon89

i just dont know what to say!
<

control pad for the nintendo revolution

Wow.

That, uh, looks.....really..... um, cool.

Can always trust Nintendo to dream up crazy ideas.

theres a fine line between innovation and overdoing it. do you think nintendos move to the bold controller will harm any chances of the console getting ports from other consoles or pc?

Im not a big fan of change. Im not sure how practical this controller will be. but marks for being different

That is seriously strange. I don't see how that will feel good to play with. Sports games will surely struggle to adapt to this controller/remote? A bit too different I think, but I suppose being called the Revolution it was always going to be different, and I hope it pays off and gives us gamers something new.

Good old Nintendo and their creativity.

The article did sound wary and didn't over-hype it. Nintendo need this controller to be the absolute bestest thing they've done since the Super Famicom, as it's the only way they'd be able to sell.

Hard to gage how it really works without a hands on experience but already it looks like a dud.

Goodbye nintendo. Thanks for the Goldeneye experience (you guys at rage rocked!)

Originally posted by kinkon89@Sep 17 2005, 02:30 PM
i reckon this ill be the last time for us to see nintendo ever again....
They'll survive, only because they'll still sell incredibly well in japan, but this looks ridiculous... people thought the PS3 controller looked a bit rough, but this looks just like a VCR remote with less buttons.

It's pretty sad. The SNES was my all time favourite console, but after that the best thing Nintendo ever made was Wario.
The Gamecube could have been brilliant, but they screwed that up by not appealing to the majority. Same with the DS. They have been trying to keep up with the king (sony) and Queen (Microsoft) of console gaming by using innovation gameplay innovation, which sounds really good. Unfortunately, that's not going to win over developers who seem to want to work on simple powerful (safe) machines. I'm guessing we'll see this time, what we saw with the gamecube, a lot of Nintendo developed ***les, and few really good third party developers jumping on board. And why would they? If I was a developer/publisher, I would opt for the safer option of the more powerful PS3 and Xbox360 over the much smaller Revolution with a weird controller anyday.
If the controller somehow does turn into the best innovation ever, then we may see a slight change, and a few sales for Nintendo. But, it seems as if Nintendo are releasing their console last again, which is a terrible mistake.

I love you Nintendo, but you're not as hot as you used to be.

It will be great, most gamers will buy it as a second console because the experience it will offer will be that much different.
All it needs are some killer first releases, get EA on board with a Tiger Woods game, a great FPS, a couple of party games and your sold. Look at all the punters playing with DS's that havent touched a console in years. The fact people don't play games or lose touch with them is because the control systems have become hideously complex.

The opportunity to play something like RE4 with a control setup like this is too good to miss. Most developers think so too....

Understanding The Controller

Feedback

I guarantee somewhere in a boardroom, Sony and Microsoft execs are kicking themselves. They might sell more but Nintendo has caught them out with this gem.

I am NOT a fan of the GC controller, and now I am.

I think that is the worst controller design ever.

Why make it look like a bl**dy remote??

Goodluck Nintendo.

looks like there wont be a rugby game on the revolution...

so its rugby on the ps3 and Xbox 360

*crosses off revolution box*

Originally posted by ZoMbIeAsRtOnAuT@Sep 18 2005, 01:16 AM
It will be great, most gamers will buy it as a second console because the experience it will offer will be that much different.
All it needs are some killer first releases, get EA on board with a Tiger Woods game, a great FPS, a couple of party games and your sold. Look at all the punters playing with DS's that havent touched a console in years. The fact people don't play games or lose touch with them is because the control systems have become hideously complex.

The opportunity to play something like RE4 with a control setup like this is too good to miss. Most developers think so too....

Feedback

I guarantee somewhere in a boardroom, Sony and Microsoft execs are kicking themselves. They might sell more but Nintendo has caught them out with this gem.
LMFAO

That is the biggest crock of **** I have read on this forum ever.

Nintendo represent one of the last bastions of originality left in the industry...to be honest, what can you see in the PS3/Xbox1.5 which you couldn't see coming a mile off? We get better graphics. Wow. What an amazing change.

We're already swamped with clones and rip offs of formerly original and innovative games. The industry needs an injection of innovation every so often, just thank god we've got Ninty to do that for us.

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed@Sep 20 2005, 02:46 AM
Nintendo represent one of the last bastions of originality left in the industry...to be honest, what can you see in the PS3/Xbox1.5 which you couldn't see coming a mile off? We get better graphics. Wow. What an amazing change.
what can you see in the nintendo now?

a crappy remote?

man i already got a vcr and a dvd player.

it wud be fun to play the revolution at EB games or Myers, but i wudnt buy one.
<

Originally posted by ZoMbIeAsRtOnAuT@Sep 17 2005, 02:16 PM

Feedback

I agree with you mate...

I reckon this will be a great second console and fantastic party fun, it will sell shed loads in Japan. I will probably get one... but firstly getting a XBox 360

Latest posts