• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

No Ref on field

C

Cain

Is it me or is EA just stupid

Once again i noticed that there is no ref on the field.

Wouldnt it be sooo hard to put 1 more player on the field , i mean seriously. I think it would be great if there was a ref that showed the right hand signals.

Like lets say its advantage - it would rock if the ref could actually have his hand out whilst running.

Anyway - what do u guys think -

They didnt really do that much to this years game , is EA and HB getting lazy or are they just rushing to get games out before a season starts

****, I posted that in the wrong topic.

I had two windows open, wasnt paying attention and I usually just use fast reply.

My bad.

Now to delete the evidence... no one will suspect a thing
<

Nice Ripper Nice.

Anyways, i dont really care about the referee, if he gets in the way like wrestling games, (unless we could hit him) then im glad he isnt there.

Would be a nice touch, that further adds to the authenticity but takes nothing away from the gameplay so no biggee

Originally posted by Cain@Feb 2 2006, 08:26 PM
Is it me or is EA just stupid

Once again i noticed that there is no ref on the field.

Wouldnt it be sooo hard to put 1 more player on the field , i mean seriously. I think it would be great if there was a ref that showed the right hand signals.

Like lets say its advantage - it would rock if the ref could actually have his hand out whilst running.

Anyway - what do u guys think -

They didnt really do that much to this years game , is EA and HB getting lazy or are they just rushing to get games out before a season starts
Don't mean to be rude but does it really matter that the ref isn't on the field? I mean thats just a nice to have. Think things like gameplay need to be dealt with first surely?

Agreed. Nice to have and would add a little to atmosphere, but if they've been concentrating on more important things then who could blame them?

Ofcourse gameplay is the most important thing.

All im saying is that maybe they should just consider looking at small things 2.

And by the look of things they havent worked on the gameplay really ,

My thoughts...

Getting 30 men onto the field that are all individuals within the game on the technically ancient PS2 using the complex FIFA engine was apparently a big deal according to EA, which was the main reason why there was no referee in Rugby 05. Thus, it's no suprise that he is omittied from this version as well...

It would be nice if the referee was in Rugby06 as it could add to the gameplay as well... You could actuall judge whether or not it's worth the risk of using R3 in the ruck based on the Refs position in the game.... Same with using the new high tackle...

Having a Ref would be ideal, although at this stage not essential...

Bring on Next Gen!

Originally posted by Cain@Feb 2 2006, 10:07 PM
Ofcourse gameplay is the most important thing.

All im saying is that maybe they should just consider looking at small things 2.

And by the look of things they havent worked on the gameplay really ,
Well if they havn't worked on the gameplay they certainly shouldn't look at the small things yet. They need to sort this out first i.e fix rather than add to! I think refs on the field will happen in later editions of the game. Maybe 2007 or 2008?

You wait until EA annonces next year:

NEW IN 2007!!
Have a REF!! Hell have some Manual rucks as well!!

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Feb 2 2006, 09:38 PM
Agreed. Nice to have and would add a little to atmosphere, but if they've been concentrating on more important things then who could blame them?
Precisely.

EA have got plenty of other things to sort before that.

Although it can be argued that perfect gameplay without any atmosphere can also detract from a game.

Try playing fight night with the sound turned off; it looses a lot.

how bout having a ref with a cone of vision like on madden 06 which would show where hes looking n itl help indicate when to use stuff like hands in ruck n sh*t

Gooo idea Stan but then EA would have to add linesmen with cones of vision on either sides as well to add to realism, even more so

Good idea Stan, but it will have to be able to be turned off... And the cone of vision would have to be much much fainter than the one in Madden so as to not be intrusive... Handy enough to have a quick glance at where the refs looking.

how bout if you clicked in the right thumbstick the cone of vision would pop up for a few seconds then disappear again

Latest posts