• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Northampton PLC v Argentina

B

Bullitt

They hype for months.
They promise a clash of the half back ***ans with Robinson/Spencer vs Pichot/Contipomi.
They call it a once in a lifetime maych of Club v Country
They charge us £25 a ticket.
The announce the game will be broadcast on Sky

Then what do we get? The f***ing reserves. 25 quid to watch the f***ing reserves.

I am so ****** off right now. :wall: :wall: :wall: :ranting: :ranting: :wall: :ranting: :ranting:

I feel for you, I really do. Fortunately I can't go, so hadn't bought a ticket, but if I had then I would be bloody annoyed. To put it mildly.

I was actually quite excited to find out this was being broadcast by Sky, looking forward to sitting down and seeing how our underperforming side would compete against world rugby's perenial underdogs.

Not sure I'll bother now. We wouldn't put out a side like that in the Premiership; I'm not even sure about the Utterly Pointless Cup.

A quick question - who the f*** is John Brooks?

15 Rob Laird - doesn't make the bench yet.
14 Chris Wyles - ****. If it weren't for injuries he wouldn't have got near the first team.
13 Seamus Mallon - average centre.
12 Luke Myring - been overated.
11 Matthieu Bourret - has potential.
10 Stephen Myler - the only back close to pushing for a starting place.
9 Johnny Howard - **** service here we come.
1 SOANE TONGA’UIHA - lots of potential.
2 Dan Richmond - on his way out.
3 John Brooks - WHO ARE YOU?
4 Damien Browne - can't complain about the 2nd row.
5 Matt Lord (capt) - go Lordy go.
6 Alex Rae - nowhere near ready for the 6 shirt yet.
7 Ben Lewitt - underused.
8 Mark Hopley - 3rd choice 8. At best.

16 MATIAS CORTESE
17 Beyers Visagie
18 James Percival
19 Matt Burke
20 Danny Pointon
21 VAUGHAN GOING
22 Dan Lavery/Adam Barnard

What a poor bench as well. If I were the Argies, I'd be even more ****** off. No point in warming up for the RWC against a domestic line-up the equivilant of playing Namibia.

Before you get too hyped up at having a go at the Saints it may not entirely be their fault. Last week the Argies announced they had been unable to secure some/most of their European based players and their best ones thus had no choice but to field an A team. This left the Saints with the choice of either putting an A side out to play what is in effect an A side or risk Spencer, Cohen, Sharky ect...who should be resting for not a lot. If this is the case then the Saints couldn't really do much as most of us (inc me) had tickets already. However the Saints should have had a firm written agreement that either a full Argentina side be put out or not at all or we wouldn't have to pay them leaving us the choice to give everyone partial refunds. As it is, it looks on the face of it Argentina have announced this to the Saints leaving the Saints with little other option but to play a reserve side (I would be even more unhappy if the big guns played against an A side). With only 7200 tickets sold, the possibility of refunds being given, the bad publicity from this and the money we are paying the Argies the Saints will be taking a BIG hit on the financial and publicity front no doubt about that. Something the Saints could have avoided but not totally their fault. At the end of the day though A SAINT IS STILL A SAINT. I will be there cheering those running out at Franklins Gardens in the black, gold and green and they still deserve our support by turning up. The recriminations to Barwell and Robson can wait until after the game. I for one am very excited to see the likes of Rae, Percival, Hopley, Tiny, Pointon, Cortese, Myler play and see some potential.

Doubly glad I didn't bother arranging to travel to the match with the Argies not living up to their part either. I think the word 'shambles' can be used to good effect here.

So it's £25 quid and I don't even get the 1st choice Argies for my money?

That's just canged my mood from annoyed to furious. Saints have gone from being a decent rugby club that cares about it's fans to a bunch of rip off merchants.

I seriously am considering not bothering with my ticket next year.

So it's £25 quid and I don't even get the 1st choice Argies for my money?

That's just canged my mood from annoyed to furious. Saints have gone from being a decent rugby club that cares about it's fans to a bunch of rip off merchants.

I seriously am considering not bothering with my ticket next year.
[/b]

It all comes down to when Argentina informed of us their decision to play their second string team. If it was one or two months ago then I think all supporters would have a valid argument to be peeved. If it was a week ago there wasn't much that could be done.

Look out for Matias Cortese, 21 yr old Argentina hooker, surprised he hasn't been pushing Thompson and Hartley closer for a starting place.

He can't play a league match at the same time as Spencer because of the forigen player rule. Still, he's looked useful what I've seen him in the past.

He can't play a league match at the same time as Spencer because of the forigen player rule. Still, he's looked useful what I've seen him in the past.
[/b]

I saw him play in Argentina 18 months or so a go, he was a step above anybody else on the park. Is still talked about as the next Mendez(from the same region).

Apparently it was Mendez who suggested Northampton to him. God bless Freddie.

Sods law says he'll never get a game while Hartley is around though.

Apparently it was Mendez who suggested Northampton to him. God bless Freddie.

Sods law says he'll never get a game while Hartley is around though.
[/b]

Yeah Freddy's coach of Maruis's former team Liceo. Well since Thommo is staying around now rather than moving down to Brive I can't see either getting much of a chance.

A quick question - who the f*** is John Brooks?

15 Rob Laird - doesn't make the bench yet.
14 Chris Wyles - ****. If it weren't for injuries he wouldn't have got near the first team.
13 Seamus Mallon - average centre.
12 Luke Myring - been overated.
11 Matthieu Bourret - has potential.
10 Stephen Myler - the only back close to pushing for a starting place.
9 Johnny Howard - **** service here we come.
1 SOANE TONGA’UIHA - lots of potential.
2 Dan Richmond - on his way out.
3 John Brooks - WHO ARE YOU?
4 Damien Browne - can't complain about the 2nd row.
5 Matt Lord (capt) - go Lordy go.
6 Alex Rae - nowhere near ready for the 6 shirt yet.
7 Ben Lewitt - underused.
8 Mark Hopley - 3rd choice 8. At best.

16 MATIAS CORTESE
17 Beyers Visagie
18 James Percival
19 Matt Burke
20 Danny Pointon
21 VAUGHAN GOING
22 Dan Lavery/Adam Barnard
[/b]

Brooksie was at Bedford last season before playing for the Tasman Makos in the NPC. He is an incredibly gifted scrummager and a fantastic team man, you will do well to sign him. He'll be better than that Budgen bloke you guys use as third choice ahead of Tonga :ranting: .

DON'T YOU DISS OUR CHICKEN!

Anyway, Budgen plays tighthead, Tiny is a loosehead. Tom Smith stops Tiny getting games.

Final Score

Northampton 25 Argentina 40

Final Score

Northampton 25 Argentina 40

i think, i jus watched it but cant remember what northampton scored lol

It was 17-40.

John Brooks - I apologise. Sign him. Sign him now. More than held his own against Roncero, no mean feat.

And if Barwell didn't throw money at Hernandez to sign a contract after the match then I will be disgusted. Him and Gaiten had far too much class for our midfield . Wyles in particular - butchered a clear cut try and can't tackle for beans.

Was pleased with the pack, they fronted up very well. Myler > whoever was playing 10 for the Argies. We just didn't have the penetration outside.

Jonny Howard => Harry Ellis but shitter.

Drinking so much tonight made me almost forget how much that game ****** me off.

Northampton are ******** at the moment. Simple as.

Latest posts