• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Northampton Sign Yet Another...

We have some promising talents coming through but, if everyone decided to go for the home talents then there wouldn't be as much spark and excitement in the game.

World-wide skills and talents coming together itsn't a bad thing but, I think we do like our Kiwi's very much.

Originally posted by robbinho@Dec 22 2005, 11:50 AM
Doing their bit for developing youth talent in England. Well done.
Steve Thompson
Jon Clarke
Ben Cohen
Rhodri Davies
Darren Fox
Jonny Howard (used to be promising once upon a time)
+ numerous others have all come up through the Saints youth system.

Unfortunately we currently have an injury crisis, and due to the perilous position we are in, can't afford to throw a young unknown in at the deep end.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Dec 22 2005, 12:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Dec 22 2005, 12:12 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-robbinho
@Dec 22 2005, 11:50 AM
Doing their bit for developing youth talent in England.  Well done.
Steve Thompson
Jon Clarke
Ben Cohen
Rhodri Davies
Darren Fox
Jonny Howard (used to be promising once upon a time)
+ numerous others have all come up through the Saints youth system.

Unfortunately we currently have an injury crisis, and due to the perilous position we are in, can't afford to throw a young unknown in at the deep end. [/b]
Erm... Davies is Welsh...

But, you didn't say;

Andy Vilk,
Luke Myring,
Ben Patston,
Paul Diggin,
Adam Barnard
Julian Bishop,
Charlie Beech,
Matt Grove
Dylan Hartley
Mark Hopley
Tom Laws
Tom Powell
Alex Rae
Jamie Supple
Ashley Maggs.

Yeah.... No english youth there rob...
<

Just when I was beginning to forget how annoying and truly welsh you are..... there you are!

Originally posted by loratadine@Dec 22 2005, 05:42 PM
yes davies is welsh, and by far the best player in the saints backline
Do you even know who he is?

Come on, you don't even make your fishing attempts subtle.

Originally posted by loratadine@Dec 22 2005, 04:42 PM
yes davies is welsh, and by far the best player in the saints backline
Your a f***ing idiot.

Davies is Welsh, yes, and he bloody good, also yes, but he's nothing compared to Spencer, Reihana, Robinson, Clarke, Patston, Lamont or Andy Vilk.

where abouts in england is nothhampton? and whats their school rugby like?/acadmy rugby?(teh mite)

Just to put things right...

70% of our squad are English
Over 90% are English qualified

Our Academy is huge and regarded as one of the best in the country. We have two layers: Full time and part time each with their own coaches. We have many feeder clubs which we have good relations with us (Northampton Old Scouts being one example) and many make it to the very top as previously stated (Cohen, Thompson, Dawson).
And while all this Saints bashing goes on, we are not afraid to picks our home grown boys ahead of our Kiwis.

As regards to where we are: We about a an hours drive from london NNW.

I love going to watch the Wanderer's playing on a nice cold monday night.

You get to see what the youths can do, and you get some entertaining running rugby aswell.

Originally posted by mark_shaw@Dec 23 2005, 04:26 AM
and whats their school rugby like?/acadmy rugby?(teh mite)
As St. Jamez posted, the academy system is very highly regarded.

As for school rugby, the one I'm at is the best for rugby within the town, but there are a number of others in the surrounding area which have strong links with the club.

All about the money Mark Shaw Aye ?? Well Id rather play my Rugby in the Southern Hemisphere.

Latest posts