• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Northampton vs. Leicester

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jan 9 2009, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quins will be testament to this.[/b]
Not this week they won't. Pitch has failed an inspection and the match has been postponed. Twice in a row for Wuss!

I meant Saints beating Quins 3 weeks ago, that result the Meeja have been conveniently ignoring being as Richmond are the new darlings.

Because it was a fluke, obviously. The media doesn't report on flukes - you know, flukes like the Saints winning games.

Myler's abysmal kicking has kept Leicester in the game. They should be thirty points down. 17 - 6 after 53 minutes. Foden is awesome.

I'm listening to Radio Leicester on guinnesspremiership.com, kinda cool to listen to overseas commentary over the internet

Flood try! Smart quick-tap from the snail-eating nine and Flood barges in between two defenders.
17 - 13.
Myler's missed kicks looking vital for Leicester now.

Final seconds and penalty Northampton!
Shame Leicester got a bonus point though. 17 - 13.

Penalty to Saints!should win it from here,kicks for tuoch... Full Time:Northampton Saints 17-13 Leicester Tigers

Nothing gives such a warm satisfying glow as beating Leicester. Nothing. We should really have been out of sight by half time, Myler just had an off day with the boot. Other than that I thought we pretty much bossed the game. Can't single anyone out, it was a real team effort this evening.

*shiver, freeze*

Great game but I still don't get offences at scrums and that huge pile on on the floor.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 12 2009, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
*shiver, freeze*

Great game but I still don't get offences at scrums and that huge pile on on the floor.[/b]

That'd be the ruck. The easiest way to say the laws for rucks, mauls and scrums; If the ref ain't looking, there are no laws!

What can I say about that game... Northampton dominated from start to finish in every aspect of the game (I dunno what that bloke on the ITV highlights programme was going on about, Saint looked to be especially strong in the scrum) and put in an exceptional performance against a very average Leicester - or should that be "Saints made Leicester look average"??? I believe it should.

Had Myler not missed all (but 1) of his kicks, nor Wayne Barnes wrongly disallowed JCs early score, the final result would have been a much more realistic looking 33-13 that would have been a fair reflection on how the game really went.

The Leicester fans who came down were a good bunch as usual, although it's obvious things are bad at the club as there are currently a few hardcore idiots giving it the beans that Saints were apauling and only got the result because Leicester were worse... Anyone who watched the game will nod what a load of old rubbish that theorey is. Smacks of desperation sadly, I'd rather be beaten by a good team then a poor one if given the choice, but hey-ho. Leicester folk are a strange lot.

Anyway, Quins in Twiickenham village next after the ECC dead rubbers (academic as Saints have already qualified). Should Saints get both wins in Europe and Quins fail to get their acts together pretty sharpish, I can see an away win coming. Although in fairness, Llllllllllllannnnnnnelllllllllliiiiiiiiii at home is hardly the hardest of fixtures, so this is unlikely.

Latest posts