• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

November 2015 Paris Attacks

I can 99% guarantee I have a far better view of the bigger picture than you do.

For example countries that allow Capital Punishment within the last 10 years or don't have moratorium in effect it's a great list to be on

Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Botswana, China, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Nigeria, North Korea, Lebanon, Malaysia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Somalia, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United States, Vietnam and Yemen

Yeah really want to be on that list of brilliant nations.

I mean your talking about locking people away just for expressing sympathy (I don't understand the people that do but you can't lock them away for it).

Why can't you lock them away for expressing sympathy, perhaps not under current legislation, however we are at war with these cowards and there is always the chance to change legislation.

It must be a nightmare for the Secret Services to keep tabs on potential terrorists. Weren't a couple of the French attackers petty thieves with drink and drug habits? One of the raided flats had "Islam for Dummies" apparently. Many of these okes have been radicalised away from any form of religion, which makes things even more awkward in terms of intelligence gathering.

They almost operate in isolation - this makes things tricky as networks are small and independent. The most destructive terrorists in Europe and the USA (since 9/11) have operated in this way. Anders Breivik (the Christian Fundamentalist terrorist who murdered scores of Norwegians a few years ago) operated totally alone, making it hard to preempt and foil any attack. Lee Rigby's killers ditto.

Tough times ahead.

Why can't you lock them away for expressing sympathy, perhaps not under current legislation, however we are at war with these cowards and there is always the chance to change legislation.
Why should you? I mean you authoritarians are always going on about us liberals being the thought police and political correctness but your actually suggesting legislation to lock people up for what they think which is far worse.

tallshort, it's complex but I'd suggest we are not in a state of total war against ISIS hell we're barely at war with them at all.

Someone who expresses sympathy for ISIS is not a threat to national security. They are merely a potential threat should they wish to enact upon those sympathies in a violent manner and even then they can't instantly do so and will likely become more indoctrinated.

Reeducation and engagement of those people is required throughout history you very rarely win a war by total domination both sides have to find some way to talk eventually. My casting out the moderates into prisons you only creating a state for further hatred to be fuelled.

It must be a nightmare for the Secret Services to keep tabs on potential terrorists. Weren't a couple of the French attackers petty thieves with drink and drug habits? One of the raided flats had "Islam for Dummies" apparently. Many of these okes have been radicalised away from any form of religion, which makes things even more awkward in terms of intelligence gathering.

They almost operate in isolation - this makes things tricky as networks are small and independent. The most destructive terrorists in Europe and the USA (since 9/11) have operated in this way. Anders Breivik (the Christian Fundamentalist terrorist who murdered scores of Norwegians a few years ago) operated totally alone, making it hard to preempt and foil any attack. Lee Rigby's killers ditto.

Tough times ahead.

The IRA managed to operate with a fraction of the logistical support ISIS have, most of its leadership in prison and a lack of suicide bomb volunteers. ISIS should have done better than they have given what it's got in its favour but they haven't managed an attack in the UK since 7/7 the IRA could hit targets on the UK mainland on a monthly basis. I know it seems that terrorists are on the rise but trust me the 70's and 80's were much worse than this.

Yup the intelligence community is actually exceptionally good at their jobs. Simply put they save lives on almost a daily basis and only their failers are public. They take out real threats all the time as opposed to made up ones like Valley Commando would like us to lock.

It is right though the reason why lone wolf's are so damn hard to stop is because they are actually isolated from the organised sections so intelligence on them is minimal. However compared to amount of bomb threats I lived through as a child it's nowhere near as bad in the UK as it once was.

Yup the intelligence community is actually exceptionally good at their jobs. Simply put they save lives on almost a daily basis and only their failers are public. They take out real threats all the time as opposed to made up ones like Valley Commando would like us to lock.

It is right though the reason why lone wolf's are so damn hard to stop is because they are actually isolated from the organised sections so intelligence on them is minimal. However compared to amount of bomb threats I lived through as a child it's nowhere near as bad in the UK as it once was.

Completely agree shame there are parts in our society that want to stop them doing their jobs as well as they have done.

Latest posts