• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2016 EOYT] England vs. South Africa (12/11/2016)

Sorry @Sker but I think it's written somewhere in the Anglo-Irish treaty we have to support England against SH sides

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah man you're not enemy number one when when the colonials and savages dare to venture into our hemisphere. Bully for England I say. Give them a right old rogering. I'm turning white when the game is on.
You can **** right back off when the six nations comes around though. Shower of arrogant pricks.

Heh, now that you have bragging rights, you want to have *exclusive* bragging rights ;)

To the Saffas:

Take a quick look at the Champions Cup performers and see how much red and white you find... It's time to stop beating yourselves up about how you once lost a game to Ireland. You've got this!

With a 15 point win, you can even overtake them in the rankings.

Last edited:
Wha..

wait.. Wha..?

I'm heartbroken.

HEARTBROKEN

You have me, England were cool when they were good but couldn't win trophies... This Jones guy has made them really ****ing arrogant and hateful (read as successful if you're not sound) so therefore I'll continue to support green.

Wales v Argentina is a huge dilemma though, the SH's worst v the NH's worst... Gatland isn't in town so the Welsh might get my unenthusiastic support.

I think we will be competitive but perhaps lose by about 7. I really hope Venter and van Rensburg play.

Hope the weather isn't wet! It'll be cold obviously.

So all the Saffers on here are trying to paint themselves as the underdogs, I assume to make a possible loss easier to wave off, but make no mistake, England are by no means favourites. Many of the key players who we have been relying on are missing. We have serious issues at the breakdown, our back row is all over the place, as is our second row, and we have had to draft in a bunch of uncalled and inexperienced players.

If anything this game is very evenly matched and could go either way. We do have some talismanic players on the pitch in the Vunipolas, Faz, and when on form Brown. But with SA no doubt coming out swinging (probably literally) there is every chance they won't make it to the end.

I'd like to say the Baabaa result suggested that SA were off form, but let's be honest both sides were just chucking the ball around for fun and SA weren't fielding an A side, so it means little when put on context.

This will be a fascinating encounter and either side could walk away victors. I think it will come down to who dominates from the outset. Should either side pull away then I think the other will struggle to claw back.

Can't wait!

We do have some talismanic players on the pitch in the Vunipolas, Faz, and when on form Brown.
I don't think we have any to be honest. It's a hallmark of the Lancaster era that we don't. We have a lot of good or good enough players but I don't think we have those player that rise to the occasion and become the beating heart of an England team. It's why when the question of England captain comes up every sort of shrugs their shoulders. Itoje is probably the closest we've got but he's still raw and young and has years to go. We certainly don't have a Wilkinson, McCaw, Johnson, Pienaar, Lomu or any other list of talismanic player in our squad currently. In your list Mako may not even start, Faz is playing in the wrong position and its arguable he would start at 10 over Ford if we had a better 12.

This game I have that we should win feeling but I'm so incredibly trepid about it we've lost so many times to SA in games we should of probably won that I don't want to count my chickens. It's easily the AI I'm most worried about our chances.

So all the Saffers on here are trying to paint themselves as the underdogs, I assume to make a possible loss easier to wave off, but make no mistake, England are by no means favourites. Many of the key players who we have been relying on are missing. We have serious issues at the breakdown, our back row is all over the place, as is our second row, and we have had to draft in a bunch of uncalled and inexperienced players.

If anything this game is very evenly matched and could go either way. We do have some talismanic players on the pitch in the Vunipolas, Faz, and when on form Brown. But with SA no doubt coming out swinging (probably literally) there is every chance they won't make it to the end.

I'd like to say the Baabaa result suggested that SA were off form, but let's be honest both sides were just chucking the ball around for fun and SA weren't fielding an A side, so it means little when put on context.

This will be a fascinating encounter and either side could walk away victors. I think it will come down to who dominates from the outset. Should either side pull away then I think the other will struggle to claw back.

Can't wait!

I still think we are the underdogs. We are off form and that is not only from the Barbarians match but since Ireland came to SA. We did horribly in the RC and some of our coaches are not experienced enough to coach on this level. Also the team we used against the Barbarians is basically just as good as our "main" team, if not better backline than our "main" team.

Then take the fact that England are undefeated since Eddie Jones and we are playing in England... I definitely think we are the underdogs in this match.

Wonder if Jones will go for Marler or Genge.

How has Marler's club form been?

Irrespective of form I can't imagine Jones will look beyond Marler for this one TBH. 42 caps against 1. Main question is whether Mako will be able to reproduce his club form as a starter.

When's the team announced?

I still think we are the underdogs. We are off form and that is not only from the Barbarians match but since Ireland came to SA. We did horribly in the RC and some of our coaches are not experienced enough to coach on this level. Also the team we used against the Barbarians is basically just as good as our "main" team, if not better backline than our "main" team.

Then take the fact that England are undefeated since Eddie Jones and we are playing in England... I definitely think we are the underdogs in this match.

We are the underdogs. Every article I read states that we are the underdogs. Every pundit on tv says that too. Plus we are playing England at Twickenham! A very daunting task indeed.

But I take comfort in 2 areas that impressed me in the Baabaas game. the Scrums and the mauls. We have been improving all year in the scrum department, and it's one area I think we can dominate and then, the mauls, it's something that we didn't use so much in the RC (Why, I don't know), but we used it a lot against the Baabaas, and scored 2 tries from the maul. This plus our lineout, and we should be very strong at first phases. The question is how we will do in broken play.

We are the underdogs. Every article I read states that we are the underdogs. Every pundit on tv says that too. Plus we are playing England at Twickenham! A very daunting task indeed.

But I take comfort in 2 areas that impressed me in the Baabaas game. the Scrums and the mauls. We have been improving all year in the scrum department, and it's one area I think we can dominate and then, the mauls, it's something that we didn't use so much in the RC (Why, I don't know), but we used it a lot against the Baabaas, and scored 2 tries from the maul. This plus our lineout, and we should be very strong at first phases. The question is how we will do in broken play.

Yes I agree with you on those points. The lineouts and scrums are areas where we have been doing well. The only thing we have get good at now is the basics of the game. Like not knocking the ball on.

If AC can actually fix the basic mistakes we have been making like he says after every game we play, then we stand a chance of winning.

So all the Saffers on here are trying to paint themselves as the underdogs, I assume to make a possible loss easier to wave off, but make no mistake, England are by no means favourites.

One does not simply wave off a loss to England. You get constantly reminded of those losses, see below:
I guess this game didn't help relations.

[video]https://youtu.be/rNuzTZaqEbo[/video]

On another note though, what a terribly un-English post. The thing that makes me want to beat England so much is that prior to the match the media usually goes on about how they are the best in the world. Now you guys actually have a potential argument for that (but not really, it's still NZ, although England>Ireland>New Zealand ;) ) and you come here with arguments that it's an even playing field and there are no favourites? Stop this rubbish and be English!

Yes I agree with you on those points. The lineouts and scrums are areas where we have been doing well. The only thing we have get good at now is the basics of the game. Like not knocking the ball on.

If AC can actually fix the basic mistakes we have been making like he says after every game we play, then we stand a chance of winning.

Yeah, and that Baabaas game we did have a lot of knock-ons. But that was mainly due to nerves and the speed at which the players run onto the ball. And add to that that many of them played together for the first time.

the positives I take from the Baabaas game:
Rohan Janse van Rensburg and Francois Venter showing they should play for the Boks.
Ruan Combrink's successful return after injury
Pat Lambie more match fit than in the RC
Our Scrums
Mauls
Sergeal Petersen and Jamba Ulengo's Pace
Carr, Smit and Du Preez being blooded.

Does carr get slotted into back row or does he come off bench? Not playing him would send a message that good performanes won't be rewarded.

On another note though, what a terribly un-English post. The thing that makes me want to beat England so much is that prior to the match the media usually goes on about how they are the best in the world. Now you guys actually have a potential argument for that (but not really, it's still NZ, although England>Ireland>New Zealand ;) ) and you come here with arguments that it's an even playing field and there are no favourites? Stop this rubbish and be English!

I'm sure our press will argue that we're teh best in the world anyway; they always do... when they notice that there's a rugby match coming around.
However, please don't judge us by our press.

Does carr get slotted into back row or does he come off bench? Not playing him would send a message that good performanes won't be rewarded.

Above Whiteley?? Nah. I'll pick Whiteley above Carr at the moment. But Carr won't be in my matchday squad anyways. Rob Du Preez can play all 3 back row positions, plus we also have Willem Alberts returning this week...

One does not simply wave off a loss to England. You get constantly reminded of those losses, see below:

Good point. We are pretty awesome and certainly masters of all we survey. Even with the lost men we should make easy work of the SH worst performing team and have plenty of energy left over to sink some fine ale afterwards. For England, Harry and St George!!! Huzzah!!

Above Whiteley?? Nah. I'll pick Whiteley above Carr at the moment. But Carr won't be in my matchday squad anyways. Rob Du Preez can play all 3 back row positions, plus we also have Willem Alberts returning this week...

Fair enough, it's whitelys shirt to lose.

Latest posts