• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Now The Final Kangaroos, Vs Kiwis

Originally posted by Wally@Nov 30 2005, 09:42 AM
Depending on where it is played, Australia really struggle to get passed 12, 000 anywhere outside of Brisbane and Sydney. I suppose they'll have one game in Brisbane, Sydney and probably Newcastle or some where. It'd be a laugh if they decided to take one to Melbourne
<
If they play the Aus games in Syd (SFS), Bris and NewCastle they'll get close to sell outs every game, the same goes for the Central Coast.

Originally posted by Ripper+Nov 30 2005, 07:27 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Nov 30 2005, 07:27 AM)</div>
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Nov 30 2005, 04:26 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Nov 29 2005, 12:18 PM
The (RL) Tri Nations will die after a miserable turn out for the series in Oceania next year.

So what crowds are you expecting?
they think they can sell out Eden Park... the stoners. [/b]
They did it in '88...........

......saw the Kangaroos the next day that year coming through the airport to go back to Australia. They were very drunk and very huge!!!!! They also kept going around and saying "We're the best in the world" Even Wally Lewis looked like a giant!

Originally posted by ak47@Nov 29 2005, 05:48 PM
gotto admit

Am happy the Kiwis won...............league is really shaping up at that level

Had more interest in that then i did for the wallabies, FOR THE 1ST TIME IN MY LIFE

I pray that every series going forward is similar to the one we just had

Sheer brilliance

Yeah the kiwis in all sports have our number

Except Cricket..........oh AND SOCCER.......or should I now say "Football"
<
You are such a gracious loser gun guy
<
...so thanks............

Though we here in NZ have to say thanks too.............for you Aussies being so hospital and taking these under financed under achieving league players across to your clubs and turning them into world beaters..........thank you to all the NRL clubs that are not in NZ, thank you to all the NRL coaches that have not coached in NZ, thank you to all the NRL players for teaching our boys every trick you know. Thank you to all the Aussie women who keep our boys satisfied and not homesick (unless you are gay Marshall
<
), thank you Aussies for your great pubs and nite life and etc etc......

........but most of all thank you Australa...sian Institute of Sport. Without an institution as great as yourself our boys would not be the players they are today
<

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Nov 30 2005, 02:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 30 2005, 02:18 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Nov 29 2005, 05:48 PM
gotto admit

Am happy the Kiwis won...............league is really shaping up at that level

Had more interest in that then i did for the wallabies, FOR THE 1ST TIME IN MY LIFE

I pray that every series going forward is similar to the one we just had

Sheer brilliance

Yeah the kiwis in all sports have our number

Except Cricket..........oh AND SOCCER.......or should I now say "Football"
<
You are such a gracious loser gun guy
<
...so thanks............

Though we here in NZ have to say thanks too.............for you Aussies being so hospital and taking these under financed under achieving league players across to your clubs and turning them into world beaters..........thank you to all the NRL clubs that are not in NZ, thank you to all the NRL coaches that have not coached in NZ, thank you to all the NRL players for teaching our boys every trick you know. Thank you to all the Aussie women who keep our boys satisfied and not homesick (unless you are gay Marshall
<
), thank you Aussies for your great pubs and nite life and etc etc......

........but most of all thank you Australa...sian Institute of Sport. Without an institution as great as yourself our boys would not be the players they are today
<
. [/b]
yeah GG

As long as league can prosper, all is welcome on the boat of success.
<

We are sick of driving this boat, so about time we became passengers....captains need to sleep and rest every decade or so
<

Originally posted by sanzar+Nov 30 2005, 01:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Nov 30 2005, 01:58 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Nov 30 2005, 09:42 AM
Depending on where it is played, Australia really struggle to get passed 12, 000 anywhere outside of Brisbane and Sydney. I suppose they'll have one game in Brisbane, Sydney and probably Newcastle or some where. It'd be a laugh if they decided to take one to Melbourne
<
If they play the Aus games in Syd (SFS), Bris and NewCastle they'll get close to sell outs every game, the same goes for the Central Coast. [/b]
I like the idea of playing in Brisbane a few games rather than just all Sydney.

Where are the matches most likely to be held in New Zealand?

they want to play a game at eden park and maybe at westpac stadium in welly or jade stadium in chch, just what i have read

I'd rather have near sell out crowds at Erickson and North Harbour than have half empty stadiums at Jade and Eden.

jade would fill if it was an aussie-kiwis game, not for the poms though probably

Originally posted by rugbyunionfan@Dec 1 2005, 09:26 AM
jade would fill if it was an aussie-kiwis game, not for the poms though probably
Why not? They never play the poms in NZ, wouldn't it be a bit of a novelty? Besides, NZ and GB have build up a bit of a rivalry over the last few years.

If the Warriors do poorly next year (which they will) and if the Kiwis get smashed in the Anzac Day Test (which they will) and the All Blacks perform well (which they will) nobody in New Zealand is going to watch their national rugby league team, certainly not crowds of 40, 000 and 50, 000 at rugby union stadiums. Are you all mad?

Originally posted by Wally@Dec 1 2005, 12:18 PM
If the Warriors do poorly next year (which they will) and if the Kiwis get smashed in the Anzac Day Test (which they will) and the All Blacks perform well (which they will) nobody in New Zealand is going to watch their national rugby league team, certainly not crowds of 40, 000 and 50, 000 at rugby union stadiums. Are you all mad?
I reckon they will Wally

Anything where the kiwis are dominating the aussies in anything, will draw big crowds............NETBALL FFS

anything that involves an oval ball.....exceeds netball

if you have all of the above in place, it will be huge

however any thumping in the ANZAC test, will hurt

cantabrians will go to anything pretty much, hell i went to the warriors tigers match a couple of years ago (home game for the tigers) and it as great. i hate the warriors but it was an awesome game

i think the warriors may have scored 1 try out of 10
<

and there is no gaurentee that the warriors will not perform wait... no its pretty much gaurenteed there you are right.

Bit off-topic here but i actually didn't mind listening to Eddie and Stevo cause of the fact they couldn't use 'we'.

yeh..they used.."they"

as in "they are the trinations champions"...

THE BEST RUGBY LEAGUE TEAM IN THE WORLD 2005 BABY

Latest posts