• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NZ Boxart

Originally posted by woodie@Feb 13 2005, 11:23 AM
Hope they put Henry Paul on this cover. Maybe it'll finish him off for good.
Lol, you can only hope.

Either that, or they could just put the whole Quins team on the cover.
<
Then you would have something to blame it on when they go down
<

u guys got any ideas for the english version?

i hope its robinson cos us and the french have the forwards and AB and u guys cud have the backs!

........or not.....

Originally posted by kinkon89@Feb 14 2005, 10:05 PM
u guys got any ideas for the english version?

i hope its robinson cos us and the french have the forwards and AB and u guys cud have the backs!

........or not.....
whose "u guys"? coz if u mean australia they got a forward on theirs, they cud hav put stirling mortlock or larkham on their covers if they wanted to put a bak on it or tuqiri!..

rokocoko was the best option for ours...if it was an international cover who ya think shouldve covered it?....im picking either rupeni caucau,jonah lomu,mccaw,j.robonson, or o'driscoll

Hmm, I think our cover (NZ) is good, but I don't think Joe would have been my first choice.

The way I see it is that our NZ cover is supposed to be an example and ambassador of NZ rugby.

The fact that he is a Fijian hampers that for me. Sure he is actually a Kiwi but my point of view stems from the fact that if YOU were putting an advertising campaing around the world for New Zealand, would you have a Greek guy on the Ad saying "Welcome to New Zealand!".

I know thats probably not the best analogy, but can you see my point?

Yeah yeah yeah I know our Captain is actually from Samoa but I guess it's just a personal thing.

I would have sooner said Richie McCaw, or Dan Carter or even Carlos Spencer. (And as a Cantab, to say Carlos, slightly pains me)
<

Jamie Gough

Originally posted by umosay@Feb 15 2005, 08:08 PM
or even BIG MEHRTS
<
nah seriously he wud me my pick too.....every stadium he goes to in enzed he gets the standing o

Oh yeah. Mehrts is fantastic. A true champ.

But I don't know how many years he has left. As cool as it would be to have him on the cover, I'd rather see a young up and comer.

Mehrts is cool, and this pains me soooo much to say (again, as a born and bred Chch man), but Mehrts sometimes stuggles to make his starting provincial side letalone the All Blacks, not to mention he hates all aspects of training. (IMO he should still be getting more game time, but ar well). So perhaps Richie, or Dan.

Go Mehrtz
<

Jamie Gough

Originally posted by jgough@Feb 15 2005, 10:00 PM
Oh yeah. Mehrts is fantastic. A true champ.

But I don't know how many years he has left. As cool as it would be to have him on the cover, I'd rather see a young up and comer.

Mehrts is cool, and this pains me soooo much to say (again, as a born and bred Chch man), but Mehrts sometimes stuggles to make his starting provincial side letalone the All Blacks, not to mention he hates all aspects of training. (IMO he should still be getting more game time, but ar well). So perhaps Richie, or Dan.

Go Mehrtz
<

Jamie Gough
Totally Agree. I think they should put the Three Loose forwards that destroyed France last November.

Richie, Jerry and Rodney.

All three have Speed, Strength and Power.

Or

Mils, Dougie & Joe

Best back three at the Moment.

Making some good points, but I'd imagine Joe has taken New Zealand pretty firmly into his heart as he's been here a very long time, and I can't help but feel that should he have read the above comment about his face not saying 'New Zealand' , he would have felt disappointed to say the least.

Please take into account he wouldn't have been my first choice, but not for that reason.

Oh yeah, I understand. I, out of all people (a pretty proud and tolerant Kiwi), felt pretty bad saying that Joe's face probably didn't 'scream' New Zealand either.

And as much as I'd love not to say it, I think there may be a touch of truth in it tho.

Weather it matters or not, I don't really know, but I think if I was marketing the game I would have used a more Kiwi look for the Kiwi version. IMHO.

If your looking at wingers, then perhaps Dougie over Joe.

I still think the guys a great [Kiwi] rugby player tho.

Cheers.

Jamie Gough

I would have gone with Dan Carter. Looks set to exist as a starting All Black for a long time now, plus a woman might be looking a shop (for their son or boyfriend or whatever) and think it looks nice.

Up close he is covered in scars and has about the personality of a baked bean. But nonetheless I still might have put Dan on insted of Joe.

Cheers.

Jamie Gough

The face of NZ? OMG!

NZ (my home) is a multicultural place.

Rokocoko, as far as I can see, is a pefect choice. Is not the emphasis in a sports console game on running and scoring tries. Who is our most prolific try-scorer in terms of tries per test.

You guessed it - Rokocoko. A very proud Kiwi.

Originally posted by jgough@Feb 16 2005, 05:22 PM
Up close he is covered in scars and has about the personality of a baked bean. But nonetheless I still might have put Dan on insted of Joe.

Cheers.

Jamie Gough
Who, Dan?

He has a huge scar on his arm i know of, but face?

Surely the ABs are the best-looking team? LOL - did I just say that.

Still, if posed to the ladies, I reckon they'd agree! LOL

I've got a girl in the house - I'm asking her!!! Hang on......

Yes, tis true and I have egs =

Spencer, Marshall, Carter, McCaw, Muliaina, Rokocoko (apparently), So'oaolo, Jack (LOL - just joking on that one!), Merhts, Umaga......

HAHA!

Actual quote from Jerry Collins on NZ's Sportscafe show -

Presenter - "So how are you?"

Jerry - "Well, when I see myself naked in the mirror, I'd have to say I'm pretty happy" !!!

LOL! Holy s%$t!

So I'm lead to believe umosay.

A goodmate had a big night out with him a while ago.

Nonetheless, I think hes a hell of a player.

Jamie Gough

Latest posts