• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NZ Maori Vs England

Tait was awful. Can't tackle, gets turned over, doesn't really make breaks. Same for Strettle, that shoulder charge/pat on the back was pathetic, it amazes me that players simply can't tackle. England coaches should do some back to basics round the leg tackling drills. I thought Geraghty played poorly, Hodgson impress surprisingly. Barritt played well, I was impressed and would like to see him in the England squat. Same goes for Robshaw, we don't have many good 6s in the country and he played consistently well.

For the AIs i'd like to see:

1. Flatman
2. Thompson
3. Cole
4. Lawes
5. Palmer
6. Croft
7. Moody
8. Easter (if he can keep the form he showed in the second Australia test)
9. Youngs
10. Flood
11. Ashton
12. Barritt
13. Waldouck
14. Cueto
15. Foden

16. Hartley
17. Doran-Jones
18. Shaw (or maybe one of Attwood/Parling, though neither really stood out this tour, Attwood being slightly better. Having said that, Shaw wasn't great this tour)
19. Robshaw
20. Care
21. Hodgson
22. Tait (can't think of any other utility backs off the top of my head, maybe Armitage? He did better today, but neither are on good form). Maybe Nick Abendanon actually

Last edited:
England somehow seem to have coached the ability to defend out of some players - Tait's a good defender, he was a good defender during the 6N but today... eurgh, one of those days.

Croft and Robshaw should be shoehorned into the starting line up together. Don't care how, just do it.

lmao,... sadly for you it was far from it
Hardly, to get within 7pts is hardly a thrashing :p
It was a light hearted comment anyway, hence the wink (and my next comment saying i reckon we would lose)

Hardly, to get within 7pts is hardly a thrashing :p
It was a light hearted comment anyway, hence the wink (and my next comment saying i reckon we would lose)

drat, i missed your next comment although
I never meant it was a thrashing, just that the Maori outshined England in this match.
I mean, their counter attack was amazing. And you know what made this a beautiful game?
Majority of the game was pure old fashioned running rugby. Minimum kicking and beautiful open play from both sides. Classic Match

And also outshone.
Mite, did I read earlier that you said Gear was given the easy task of finishing off 3 tries made by McAlister? Cuz I watched the highlights on SSN and can't make out what you're on about? :/

Yeah, boucning two tackles and running in from halfway is not an easy thing to do. McAllister bouncing Barritt and Tait definately contributed to his second try but he definately had lots of work to do. 3rd try was an easy enough run in when all the work was done for him.

Englands center was being obstructed from making the tackle for the Maoris last try

Englands center was being obstructed from making the tackle for the Maoris last try

I was under the impression that as long as Brett didn't hold him and just "Shadowed" him that it wasn't obstruction, sort of like when players jostle against each other in soccer. I could be wrong though.
Even if its legal i still thought it was silly and not really the best sportsmanship. On top of that it was wholy unnessesary as the English player didn't have a hope in hell of catching Gear anyway.

yeah he wouldn't have caught Gear anyway, sometimes players can milk the penalty though if they tackle the player thats in their way, maybe if he tackled brett or ran into him and fell over it could have been a penalty

What about when Mcalistair toed it through than Delon Armitage did the same to Hosea Gear? I was watching it live there behind the post and we were a little upset but it didn't really take away from the play that much it just meant Armitage knew he was gonna get smoked.

Hosea's a beast scoring 3 tries and just think he could have had 4 possibly 5 if he hadn't dropped that one in the first half.

Last edited:

Latest posts