• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NZ release

B

bluesfan

Ok this is a message for all the kiwis.

If anyone finds a place (in NZ) selling the game before the 23rd let us all know!!! I'm sure I'm not the only one hanging out for this game!

Cheers guys.

Ill be putting a copy on trade me 2mrow or friday night (expecting it in the mail) provided it arrives. It is an xbox import from oz. Ill give you guys more details 2mrow.

Mate. Waipuk is a growing town. We have to pay to use the tip now. If theres ever a sign that a town is growing, that's it right there...

...Oh, and we're getting a subway to combat our two country fried chicken places.

Originally posted by bluesfan@Feb 15 2006, 11:41 PM
Ok this is a message for all the kiwis.

If anyone finds a place (in NZ) selling the game before the 23rd let us all know!!! I'm sure I'm not the only one hanging out for this game!

Cheers guys.
Is the 23rd still on for NZ? Or are they gonna do their delay rubbish. I was in Central Parl and EB stores yesterday and there was no fanfare showing this games arrival??????

:lol: I borrowed my mates XBox this week for this one lol!

Also for anyone who has played it....have they calmed down the diving tackle so that it is realistic instead of catching people from miles away? Especially that silly ankle tap. That tackle killed multiplayer in R2005 :(

from what I've seen Gay-Guy, the superman ankle tap has been rectified

... its much harder to pull of yourself now and when the AI do it, they don't always pull it off either, theres a nice stumble animation and then you carry on

... well atleast from what I've seen

If anybody in NZL sells it early it will be gamesplanet.co.nz - check there to see if it is available.

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 20 2006, 06:19 AM
from what I've seen Gay-Guy, the superman ankle tap has been rectified

... its much harder to pull of yourself now and when the AI do it, they don't always pull it off either, theres a nice stumble animation and then you carry on

... well atleast from what I've seen
Looks the same to me...

I feel sorry for you Kiwis (not) :D , I got 2 copies of Rugby06... im gonna trade one in today and get that world series poker game.

Yeah it better be! Damn them, wish they would release games worldwide all on the same day, like they did with Halo 2. Then NZ will be the first place in the world to release games. And, seeing as we have turtle like broadband with crappy overpriced rates, piracy will be kept to a minimum. Everybody wins.

Originally posted by bluesfan@Feb 20 2006, 04:09 PM
Yeah it better be! Damn them, wish they would release games worldwide all on the same day, like they did with Halo 2. Then NZ will be the first place in the world to release games. And, seeing as we have turtle like broadband with crappy overpriced rates, piracy will be kept to a minimum. Everybody wins.
I totally agree.

I am going to ring my video store to see if they are going to have it for hire on Thursday. No even better, I am going to drive over there and book it :)

Sometimes video games in video stores have been known to be on hire earlier than the selling date :eek: The video stores sometimes jump the gun amd then pretend they didn't know there was a "release" date....especially if they get the ***le early cos all they want is hire sales.

Man I can't wait now! (calm down now calm down)

hey fellow nz guys i finally got my copy from the uk!! B)
whats my view of the game i here you say!!................
well to be honest im not too sure yet. been playing it for a good 4hours now, playing super14, with the hurricanes, who are much better rated this time. Playing on elite level and just lost my first game against the stormers in round 5 i think. Lost 29-12, after jimmy gopperth got red carded for a high tackle. which i must say are f@#kin awesum. theres not just one animation, but i think atleast 3!!

When i first got the game i played ABs vs England on pro and wiped them, 33-9!! Here i was expecting to have a good challenge, it being my first game, but have to say i was abit dissappointed. AI kicking for touch, when they are 20 metres from my line?? yip. First thing i really noticed was how slower the game feels. no more quick runs from the back of the ruck nemore.

and yes the fends, steps, shoulder charges do work alot better this time, but feels too slow. But i am really enjoying this game, dont get me wrong, but i dont no yet. Im not totally convinced .................... YET!!!! Offloads................... i like RC2006's offload system better. 06 doesnt give you the freedom to either pass to the left or to the right, just pops it to the nearest player!! Well im on to the 6th round of the super14, playing the Bulls, so ill get back to it. But ne q's dont hesitate.

:D

Cheers nui, obviously it's an awesome game and I think all my questions are pretty muched answered in all the other threads by locksley etc. But yeh good little review there. Looking forward to it! It's like torture knowing all these people out there are jamming on the game while I sit here talking about it. Gutted.

well one other thing that really gets on my nerves about this game is how many turnovers there are. To be honest, its even worse then 05. Im still not quite convinced yet, but hey im still playing it. Lost in the super14 semi-final to the Brumbies 12-11, after leading for the last quarter of the game 11-5, thanks to a last minute mark gerrard try in the corner. Was Gutted!!!!! <_<

We need to discover the code to maintaining possession.

Then perhaps the game won't be that bad after all.

Perhaps the makers want us to play rugby more and kick it rather than play rugby league??????

Maybe it is the players in the ruck factor.....or who is around factor.....proximaty or perhaps a bit of all of it.

Only the makers of the game know the real story so we need to go to the SOURCE!

If you preorder from EB in Auckland they knock 20 bucks off the price; 79.99 instead of a hundred. Of course it's only retailing for $29.99 US in the states so they should be selling it at the discounted price in the first place. ******** :angry:

I don't want to get everybody hopes up for an early release but i found this on the gameplanet site

With Rugby 06 shipping tomorrow for PC, PlayStation 2 and Xbox, we thought it was time to check out some review scores! There's not too many available just yet, but the average verdict is a good one:

8.3/10, IGN
8.7/10, GameZone
7.6/10, GameSpot

8.4/10, TeamXbox

it could mean that they send out to courriers tomorrow and you may not get the game until the 23rd anyway.

wicked! that means video stores will get an early release, and i get to take it home

Latest posts