• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Official axed over Mitchell's Yellow

The amount of baiting and trolling in this thread amazes me, some people need to grow the .... up.

I was reading through the whole thing and really, Smartcooky, do you truly believe that all South Africans are like that and believe that...?

Because then I'm lost for words...

The amount of baiting and trolling in this thread amazes me, some people need to grow the .... up.

I was reading through the whole thing and really, Smartcooky, do you truly believe that all South Africans are like that and believe that...?

Because then I'm lost for words...

Sker

No I don't believe that "all South Africans are like that", but because my sister married a South African (36 years ago) and still lives in the Republic (in Pretoria actually), I have quite an interesting perspective on the South African psyche.

Now I am going to get a little bit political here but it is not my intention to criticise, so I hope Saffas will bear with me reading this and will not roll their eyes and mutter "oh no not this again".

I am a reasonably well versed in the history of your country. I am familiar with the stubbornness, the "We are right and everyone else is wrong attitude" that pervaded South Africa for the last 150+ years. The whole reason that Apartheid held sway for so long was down to this "backs to the wall siege mentality", and what is more, I understand why that is. Any buitestaanders were regarded with suspicion, especially when you consider the story of the Voortrekkers (IMO the toughest bunch of people to ever walk the Earth), the subsequent Transvaal Civil War and the First of the Boer wars that followed.

Now that siege mentality I speak of existed until the mid 1990s. South African rugby fans (mainly Afrikaner ones I would imagine) were still stubbornly taking the Prinsevlag to rugby matches and displaying it as late as the 1999 Rugby World Cup.

Thankfully, a lot of that attitude has passed into history, but you only have to read the pages of the Cape Argus and the posts at keo.co.za to see that there are a LOT of South African rugby fans who truly believe there is a world-wide conspiracy against the Springboks, that the referees cheat on the opposition's behalf. There are a few of them on here from time to time, although they rarely get past a half dozen posts before they realise they get no traction, so they bugger off back to keo

This is not just what I believe, the evidence is there in plain sight. You should check out those sites I mention and just read some of the preposterous things that are posted by a wide range of SA rugby fans. If I could speak/read Afrikaans (suster het probeer om my te leer) I bet there would be a lot more for me to disbelieve!

Maybe I shouldn't have generalised so much, so I will unreservedly apologise for that and revise my earlier statement to read...

Your nation was reborn in 1994, but some of its citizens apparently haven't grown up yet.

Last edited:
when was the last time the Springboks thrashed the All Blacks anyway? Can't actually recall that ever happening

1 August 2009 Springboks 31-19

14 August 2004 Springboks 40-26

29 August 1981 Springboks 24-12

30 June 1928 Springboks 17-0

so you have to go back to 1928 to find something you could remotely call a thrashing, 52-16 is a thrashing. And that one last year definitely doesn't count, one try all, give me a break

Haha South Africans cant take losing. typical, get over it you didnt win any team could beat you and youre team is ****

so you have to go back to 1928 to find something you could remotely call a thrashing, 52-16 is a thrashing. And that one last year definitely doesn't count, one try all, give me a break

You cant decide what a thrashing is and what not athrashing is...in my mind last year the south africans beat you around the park in all aspects..now that your team is back on top of the world you seem to have forgotten the lesson you were taught and feel invincible..

Woodward please cease this crap as you are only making yourself look like a horrendous Idiot..

Good post Smartcooky, I did check out some of those sites.

Idiots will always be idiots everywhere, luckily we don't have them on here. Well mostly... I think Explosive could probably win a darwin award.

Good post Smartcooky, I did check out some of those sites.

Idiots will always be idiots everywhere, luckily we don't have them on here. Well mostly... I think Explosive could probably win a darwin award.

But more importantly, did you understand my cock-eyed Afrikaans phrase??
4.gif

You cant decide what a thrashing is and what not athrashing is...in my mind last year the south africans beat you around the park in all aspects..now that your team is back on top of the world you seem to have forgotten the lesson you were taught and feel invincible..

Woodward please cease this crap as you are only making yourself look like a horrendous Idiot..
12 points isn't a thrashing in anyones language, especially when its one try all maybe if its three or four tries to one and the losing team has stayed in touch through penalties. It's a thrashing by the All Blacks standard of loses by not by their standard of winning, in fact that would have been a ordinary All Blacks victory had it been reversed. But I guess that comes with the territory that the All Blacks will be judged much more harshly than any other team, which I don't agree with for a second. I'm just glad that the natural order of things has been restored no matter what happens the rest of this season, Springboks back in your place please.

Completely, jou suster het jou goed probeer leer :p

Woodward, please go back to your troll cave.

The scoreline might not reflect it but the boks were superior in every aspect of the game ..;something i was amazed at myself as I constantly rate NZ as the best team on the planet..but you need to learn to take a defeat or two accept it ..but as you said once the natural order is restored you should not jump on any chance to throw victory in the face of the defeated ...it just makes you look like a massive cock ...

Come on 'guys' be honest to yourself the Springboks are good and even when theyre not theyre probably 3rd in the world at the lowest. Yes the All Blacks are one of the greatest rugby teams but thats old news. This week will be a good game Springboks at home IMO is no ordinary bok side, its like they get a lift like the All Blacks seem to have after the haka. Homeground advantage is strong within the boks and they'll be hungry to win, a 1 point loss will not do.

Last edited:
12 points isn't a thrashing in anyones language, especially when its one try all maybe if its three or four tries to one and the losing team has stayed in touch through penalties. It's a thrashing by the All Blacks standard of loses by not by their standard of winning, in fact that would have been a ordinary All Blacks victory had it been reversed. But I guess that comes with the territory that the All Blacks will be judged much more harshly than any other team, which I don't agree with for a second. I'm just glad that the natural order of things has been restored no matter what happens the rest of this season, Springboks back in your place please.
Mate, when Olyy types in big letters, you know you've crossed the line. Stop trolling. You've now made you opinion very clear. This is a warning. If you have something more constructive, please by all means share it.

Interesting stats

► The All Blacks 7-28 loss to Australia in 1999 is their worst ever loss in their history (margin 21 points) and is still their only loss by over 20 points.

► The next worst is by 17 points in 1928 v the Boks

► The All Blacks are the only international team to never concede 50 points or more.

Interesting stats

► The All Blacks 7-28 loss to Australia in 1999 is their worst ever loss in their history (margin 21 points) and is still their only loss by over 20 points.

► The next worst is by 17 points in 1928 v the Boks

The All Blacks are the only international team to never concede 50 points or more.

Seriously?

Well damn.

Latest posts