• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Official Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas thread

From what ive heard on the gamefaqs board its a secret building located near your first base, all you have to do is find it.

Originally posted by Ripper@Oct 27 2004, 07:33 AM
From what ive heard on the gamefaqs board its a secret building located near your first base, all you have to do is find it.
I'll give it a go tonight, well, in 6 hours.

When I got the game, one of the clerks was saying that the 2 player stuff was/could be mission based or something.

I'll have a look on gamefaqs and see what trouble their stirring. Who knows? This game is incredible.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Oct 27 2004, 06:12 AM
"Man, you smell like you come from England."

My wife, who is actually English............
<
<
<
<

Originally posted by reyalpevlewtrepus+Oct 27 2004, 10:29 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (reyalpevlewtrepus @ Oct 27 2004, 10:29 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Oct 27 2004, 06:12 AM

<
<
<
<
[/b]
It was hilarious, took us both by shock. The look on her face was priceless.

I could have sworn that some of the peds, when you walk by and eavesdrop on their conversation, some are English. I guess it makes sense as they've got Shaun Ryder in the game as well.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Oct 27 2004, 11:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Oct 27 2004, 11:15 AM)</div>
Originally posted by reyalpevlewtrepus@Oct 27 2004, 10:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Oct 27 2004, 06:12 AM

<
<
<
<
It was hilarious, took us both by shock. The look on her face was priceless.

I could have sworn that some of the peds, when you walk by and eavesdrop on their conversation, some are English. I guess it makes sense as they've got Shaun Ryder in the game as well. [/b]
I found it hilarious just reading it in your post!! It must have been at least twice as funny actually hearing it in the game. I'll have to listen out for it when I get the game.

my R rated 18+ copy has been dispatched from GPstore NZ

Cant wait now

Anyone else pre-order and been notified?

i got mine from Central Park Interactive in Hamz. there having a Midnight opening for it 2moro night.
<

i cannot wait!!

From: Bartgast | Posted: 10/27/2004 2:56:49 PM | Message Detail
There is a free roam icon located in an area near your hous, drive out of the hood (main road), go down this road till there is a large bridge above you (not the one above the hood itself), in that area there are some small houses and within these houses there is an icon that gives you acces to free roam 2player mode, where you are free to do whatever you want with 2 players.

call this a stupid question... but how long is the opening cutscenes before you enter the action?

Originally posted by captainamerica@Oct 26 2004, 07:12 PM
Well, I'm not about spoilers and I'm not that far into it anyway. Hell, I don't even think I've completed the entire first mission of the narrative.

You kinda get caught up in driving around. And swimming(!). And exploring.

And the size of this game is mind-boggling. It's huge.

And it's as fun as ever, and very smooth. Great touches. Interaction with passersbys being particularly brilliant.

We swapped turns and I had the wife playing -- she was hellbent on getting money to get a haircut and go shopping (I indulge this sort of behaviour, to keep her off my back for playing the game myself). So she decided to do Taxi missions and collect fares -- all the while being a good citizen and obeying traffic laws.

As she goes to hijack a cab (the one crime she'd allow), she runs into a passerby who, at random, says very negatively, "Man, you smell like you come from England."

My wife, who is actually English, promptly stomped the living **** out of him, and then took to the streets with a vengence and very quickly had 3 stars and loads of cops after her English ass. Arse, rather.

I'm sorry I can't give many other details because I'm still baffled at the size of this thing. Naturally, there are highways/tunnels closed to access the other cities until you complete more missions, but . . . there are ways around and they do not involve cheating.

Judging by what I've done/fooled around with so far -- the game is highly inventive and loads of fun. Pedal bicycles are a genius touch. Saw a halfpipe somewhere too. Swimming is an excellent feature.

The game is ridiculous. Just, brilliant.

And the size . . . my god.
<
<
<

Originally posted by Ripper@Oct 27 2004, 08:51 PM
call this a stupid question... but how long is the opening cutscenes before you enter the action?
Ripper, that is the most stupid question I've ever heard. Obviously you haven't even bothered to play the game yet -- and you call yourself a fan. What kind of a fan doesn't even bother to play the game? I mean, really, Ripper, what the hell?

Ha! I am so funny it hurts, but why do I still cry myself to sleep and wake up with an empty vodka bottle on my chest? The puzzles of life.

To answer your question, the cut scenes ain't bad. They're fine and they don't get in the way, even in the very beginning. I don't think they're long winded, and Samuel L. Jackson is always fun to listen to.

In order to start eating, shopping, get your hair-did, tattoo's, gym -- you've got to do a couple of missions, as they've incorporated it into the storyline. It's not bad, though technically they are holding your hand as you go through it. Either way, you get it done right and then you know how to do it from here on in.

Wandered around in the area given for the 2 player thing -- still no luck. Must . . . keep . . . trying . . .

In the meantime, I found a way (well, a couple ways) to hop the Airport fence and steal some planes.

If you think this is considered *SPOILING* -- Stop reading.

No, seriously, stop.

Okay, it's not really anything you don't already know.

Get a large vehicle, park near where the fence ain't too high, climb on top, and then climb over -- commonsense, really.

Found a dodo (with wings) and a lear jet looking thing called a Shamel, or something like that. Absolutely brilliant.

Flew around -- flying is excellent -- really, really fun. Flew at a brilliant altitude, very high, and roving the camera all around to get kickass views from any angle imaginable. Flew past the city limits and the 4 stars came up (you're not allowed to leave Los Santos yet) and then the Feds/Airforce/Fighter planes showed up and tried to shoot me out of the sky.

A heat-seeking missile hit my wing, black smoke started billowing out and I thought . . . "Screw it."

I jumped out of the plane. From a great height.

(Cue Radiohead's 'Paranoid Android')
From a greeAAAt heiiIIIIIiiiiIIIGHT. HeeeeeiiiIIIIIiiiiIIGHT.

I fell.

Far.

Through the clouds, couldn't see what was below.

The clouds parted and then all I saw was darkness. I thought, "Oh boy, a forest. Maybe I'll land on a redneck."

As I rushed to meet the face of the earth, something weird happened and I fell right through it. Then it turned all weird and eery blue. Then I recognized what I'd heard, the familiar sounds of a 'splash.'

I had landed in the ocean. And was still alive.

Swam up to the surface, only to have helicopters and police boats shooting my ass off. Filled my lungs and tried to swim to the bottom thinking I could lose them underwater.

Strange green lines started zinging all around and they shot me dead underwater.

My friend attempted a similar thing, but jumped out of the plane over the city, possibly trying to land in one of the Mulholland mansion's pools. Still, we had no parachutes, and parachutes will obviously play quite an important role in these kinds of situations. SPLAT!

And then I flew into a building, just cause it's a sick and twisted thing to do and I figured I'd get it out of my system now.

The building stayed. The plane and I didn't.

God Damn, I couldve had this last night, but I thought it was late night Thursday at the shops (the people at Bond & Bond rang me at about 4:50 to say I could pick it up), but alas it wasnt, its now late night Friday so Ill have to wait till after school today

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Oct 28 2004, 11:45 PM
I just creamed my pants!!!
<
<

<

<

<

<

<

More captainamerica, tell us more!!!
Is that cause I'm wearing Lynx? Thought that made the ladies cream their pants. And when I say ladies, I mean trannies. Trannies like St. Helens.
<

<

Soon, you will be having your own adventures in this glorious game and no doubt, we should start a thread for strange/crazy exploits, hell, I love hearing these kind of stories.

Even, silly, dumb things -- like the other night, I'm driving around and I see a woman on a cool bicycle. I get out, knock her off her bike, and she fights back, so I pound her for a bit (you must be careful with these pedestrians, some hookers pack firearms and will not hesitate to pump you full of lead).

So, I'm scuffling with this lady, and about to deliver the final stomp of her virtual life when we both get crushed by an oncoming train. 'Wasted.'

Damnit. It was such a cool bicycle.

Originally posted by Ripper@Oct 29 2004, 05:47 AM
can you take Bikes and park them in your garage?
I would imagine so. Haven't tried it, but I don't see why not. Read one of the reviews for the game (I forget which, whoever did the 6 page online thing and gave it a 9.9 out of 10.) and they summed it up brilliantly: The game doesn't ask, "What can you do?" but "What can't you do?" It seems limitless.

And the whole thing about buying property, from what I've read, there is a good reason for this -- bigger garages. Actually, I don't think garage is the right word, I'm thinking along the lines of hangers.

Originally posted by Ripper@Oct 29 2004, 05:47 AM
can you take Bikes and park them in your garage?
Yes you can!

I've got a BMX, A Chopper (The bike kind) and 3 motorbikes in my garage in the grove!

This game is pure class!

I Loved GTA III, HATED Vice city, and was not washed away with the hype for San Andreas. However, after playing it for hours, I can safely say that it's phenomenal!

One defining moment for me, was taking a motorbike and riding it along the train track and up into the hills! From the top of one of the hills in Red County, there's an old barn, and a couple of shacks with battered old settee's outside! There's also, grass blowing in the wind, and a dusty old road, with a tractor parked beside it! It got dark, the fog came down, and then the rain..... Standing there, in this old deserted, hillbilly town, made me feel quite scared, literally!

So I hopped on the tractor and made my way down the hill and headed for the comforting sight of the lights in the little town not too far away....

Pure bliss

Best. Game. Ever

The only gripe ive had so far is that first mission is a pain, but once you beat it, its all fun and games...

I was worried that the talkback station on SA wouldnt be as good as Vice Cities, but I am happy to say it is way better... anyone heard that ad about that Medicine yet? Classic.

By the way does anyone know if you can actually listien to guns and roses? They had Guns and Roses - Welcome to the Jungle on the Trailer and in the manuel they have the ad for the Guns and Roses album, but I can seem to find any on the radio stations

Do you reckon it would be worth getting on PC? I don't have a playstation unfortunately. Is theer a demo?

Latest posts