• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Official Rugby League 2 Update topic

I

idrisguitar

i dont have any yet but when they are foun out post everything here.

anyhting like new teams gameplay features, modes etc.

When I read your topic ***le, I was thinking you had some groundbreaking news on rugby league 2! ohh well

Dissapointing to say the least. I thought it was something being officially announced by Sidhe.

YO..Mario..i see you.....whats happenin at the studios?....need some game testers?
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<

Hey! theres a new PS2 mag out with a preview of NRL2! It may just be the same stuff on their website, but has anyone seen it?

Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 5 2005, 11:55 AM
Hey! theres a new PS2 mag out with a preview of NRL2! It may just be the same stuff on their website, but has anyone seen it?
will check this arvo

havent seen it to be honost

yes i have it has no new info still good read though
it has exclusive screens
check the rugby league 2 forums

Here's all the features so far:

features_main.gif

and here are some extra things answered in the FAQ:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Can players jump in Rugby League 2?

Yes, they can jump to take a high ball.

How have cut scene graphics improved for Rugby League 2?

Cut scenes have been greatly improved with the addition of more interesting screen transitions, better camera framing, lifelike animation, player interaction, and facial animation.

What commentators will feature in Rugby League 2?

Andrew Voss will be the only commentator featured in the game.

Will the commentary be the same as the first version of the game?

No, all commentary has been completely re-recorded from a new script. Some classic comments from the old game still appear, but there are plenty of new comments to hear as well as much more commentary overall.

If I create a player with a certain surname, will the commentator refer to that player by name?

Yes, the commentator will refer to that player by name if that specific surname has been recorded. There are around 900 recorded surnames in the commentary, so most popular names as well as a few more obscure names and past greats have been covered.

What camera angles will be available in Rugby League 2?

All the original cameras in Rugby League will once again be available in Rugby League 2. In addition to the original camera, there are new camera options including one that is much closer to the ingame action.

How do the passing controls work in Rugby League 2?

The gamer has the option of tapping the pass buttons to pass to the players to the right or left of the ball carrier. Optionally, the gamer can hold down a pass button which will bring up buttons icons over the heads of various players along the attacking line. Pressing the relevant button will pass to that specific player.

The gamer can also tap both pass buttons simultaneously to pass to the 'playmaker' player, allowing a kick to be made from space.

In this way, the passing control in Rugby League 2 allows for quick arcade play, as well as a more strategic approach for crucial moments during the attack.

How do the conversion/penalty kick controls work in Rugby League 2?

Conversion and penalty kicks in Rugby League 2 rely on the gamer achieving the right mix of power and accuracy via a moving onscreen meter. There is an interdependence on both power and accuracy, so the gamer may choose to strike the ball with less power in order to have more control over accuracy.

Will the video ref appear in Rugby League 2?

Yes, the video ref will appear when the onfield referee is unsure of whether a try has been legitimately scored, usually as the result of a strong tackle during an attempted try.

Gamers will have the option of disabling the video ref.

Will the name of the gamer's currently selected player appear in Rugby League 2?

Yes, the name of the currently selected player will appear at the feet of that player.

Gamers will have the option of disabling the player name display.[/b]

There are other things answered, but these are the only questions that are 'properly' answered (as in not "more info will be released later).

Other than that, I just found out that players will exhibit more facial emotion this time around. They will now have an advantage rule aswell, so no more instant stoppages even when you've taken the ball from a knock on.
Also, there will not be a coin toss at the start of the match unfortunately... But thats not too big a deal.

I love this game already. It's about time you can choose who you want to pass the ball to.

WHAT ABOUT THE f***IN GAMEPLAY!!!

hate when they do this...new camera angles....players faces got plastic surgery...900 surnames...wtf i hear theress still button mashing when you run the ball..

........sighs.........

did anyone ask:does it move fluidly or is it crap stick movement like last time?

hopefully not another game i wasted a $100 on.....

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jun 6 2005, 10:18 PM

hate when they do this...new camera angles....players faces got plastic surgery...900 surnames...wtf i hear theress still button mashing when you run the ball..

........sighs.........

did anyone ask:does it move fluidly or is it crap stick movement like last time?

Everything is mo-capped this time, so it's much more fluid apparently...

Originally posted by sanzar+Jun 6 2005, 11:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jun 6 2005, 11:45 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Jun 6 2005, 10:18 PM

........sighs.........

Everything is mo-capped this time, so it's much more fluid apparently... [/b]
cool well thats sounds abit better.

im still put off by the button mashing for sprinting
<

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Jun 7 2005, 01:27 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE CHIROPRACTOR101 @ Jun 7 2005, 01:27 AM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Jun 6 2005, 11:45 PM

........sighs.........

<
[/b]
it's still there, but not as bad this time... When you sprint, and you reach a decent speed, you can plateau it by holding the button from there (so you can maintain your speed from that point just by holding it down).

Originally posted by sanzar+Jun 7 2005, 06:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jun 7 2005, 06:43 PM)</div>
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jun 7 2005, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by sanzar@Jun 6 2005, 11:45 PM

........sighs.........

<
it's still there, but not as bad this time... When you sprint, and you reach a decent speed, you can plateau it by holding the button from there (so you can maintain your speed from that point just by holding it down). [/b]
from the sounds of that..theres a fatigue bar and that sounds like w....c.....r...

DEEP BREATH.....AND...

.....SSSSSSSSSSsigh.....

Latest posts