• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Official Rugby League 2 Update topic

Originally posted by Jacko@Oct 6 2005, 05:01 PM
So will it be before Christmas? Or will it be out in January or later?
Our intention is before the end of the year.

the odds of this being better than rugby 2005, 4:1
the odds of this being better than rc2006, 2:1
the odds of this being a hox to boost pre-sales revinue, and the reallity is that there is no rl2, 1:1

do the developers have any sence of urgensy what-so-ever muzz? although weve seen disasters caused by rushing (ala r2005) theres a point when this game could turn out like guns and roses next album, chinese democracy (axle rose has been saying its been coming out every year for the last 10yrs for those playing at home)

Originally posted by Mario+Oct 6 2005, 05:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Oct 6 2005, 05:10 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Jacko
@Oct 6 2005, 05:01 PM
So will it be before Christmas? Or will it be out in January or later?
Our intention is before the end of the year. [/b]
Bugger... No offence, but only 6 weeks ago you were "still on target for a september release...
What gigantic catastrophy was it that pushed it into Nov-Dec or possibly January?

Yeah that about does it. im over it, plenty of other good games coming late October and November. Ill believe this game is coming when its on the shelf, and ill forget about it till then.Bring on RC2006!!

Thanks for the closure Mario! I was starting to believe the october hype even though I knew better.

Ah fair enough, I don't use the official forums, thanks for pointing that out.

Originally posted by Mario+Oct 6 2005, 04:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Oct 6 2005, 04:59 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-C A Iversen
@Oct 6 2005, 04:56 PM
I know your busy Mario, but lets hear something from you, please?
There isn't much to say really, other than quash the rumours of an October release. Many people are expecting that because some retailers have suggested 21 October will be the release date.

A release in October is pretty unlikely at this point. [/b]
Well, I don't know about everyone else, but thanks for that Mario.

Now at least I can still look forward to it but without having that "it's almost here" feeling that I think kinda ****** people off.

I'd rather be able to dismiss it for October, and focus on something else for the time being. I'm sure I'm still gonna love it when it comes out, I just feel good now it not like a carrot on a stick in front of us.

Obviously there are issues that need dealing with, but for future ***les from you guys, how 'bout promoting it with a release window rather date. Like "Oct-Nov 05" untill the whole 100% sure factor kicks in.

Anyhow, can't tide us over by telling us who the top 3 rated teams are?

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Oct 6 2005, 10:22 PM
Obviously there are issues that need dealing with, but for future ***les from you guys, how 'bout promoting it with a release window rather date. Like "Oct-Nov 05" untill the whole 100% sure factor kicks in.
Well, "September 05" was the initial release window, and we shifted the release window in early September. We have never set an actual date.

Things only become 100% sure when the game is 2-3 weeks before being on shelves.

In any case, the continued development has proven very beneficial for the ***le, so everyone will benefit in the end. Waiting sucks, but hopefully you'll find that its worth it.

Originally posted by Mario+Oct 7 2005, 01:11 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Oct 7 2005, 01:11 AM)</div>
@Oct 6 2005, 10:22 PM
Well, "September 05" was the initial release window, and we shifted the release window in early September. We have never set an actual date.

Things only become 100% sure when the game is 2-3 weeks before being on shelves.

In any case, the continued development has proven very beneficial for the ***le, so everyone will benefit in the end. Waiting sucks, but hopefully you'll find that its worth it. [/b]
Let's hope so

I think we were all hopeful that the delay would only be small and would come out in ocotber but its not the case now. So long as it comes out before the end of the year I will be happy and as others have said they are other games to buy and play while we wait for nrl 2 to be released.

Originally posted by esoj@Oct 7 2005, 08:31 AM
I think we were all hopeful that the delay would only be small and would come out in ocotber but its not the case now. So long as it comes out before the end of the year I will be happy and as others have said they are other games to buy and play while we wait for nrl 2 to be released.
At least most of us are not having a mental breakdown here about the delay compared to the official league forum members - would probably sign up myself on that forum if it wasn't for all the under 10 year olds on there moaning about things they have no idea about............

....and Mario: Can't see why people are complaining about the video ref in that NRL deluxe vid - that first try was clearly grounded prior to being lost (and correctly given as such by the video ref)..........also a totally different animation to the disallowed try shown in the same video (also correctly not given by the video ref).

Yeah nobody really blowing up at the delay anymore, as we have passed the drought of nothing, and the release schedule for the month is red HOT

TW06
Top Spin
PES5
RC2006

lets roll

yep ak mate right on the ball not shortage of games. Also the like of age of empires 3 Fear and quake 4 are coming out soon.

Originally posted by Mario+Oct 7 2005, 01:11 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Oct 7 2005, 01:11 AM)</div>
@Oct 6 2005, 10:22 PM

In any case, the continued development has proven very beneficial for the ***le, so everyone will benefit in the end. Waiting sucks, but hopefully you'll find that its worth it. [/b]
Well, "continued development" eh? I'm all for anything that makes a game better prior to release, it really is the gamers preferred legitimate excuse.

I mean if the delay has meant 4-5 annoying bugs are history, well, I could stand waiting a little longer even. As long as it means this game has the lastability of something like Jonah Lomu Rugby.

Also, if your out there Mario, is a PSP version, ruled out ever?

While we're on the subject, if there is a X-Box version, please have custom soundtracks, I get soooo sick of the same music over and over and over.

It seems to me I've found a possible weakness of Mario's, being reasonable in my expectations and not screaming insults or sales threats, like someone that it's been better without recently.
<

Originally posted by NZL fan@Oct 7 2005, 11:42 AM
NRL deluxe vid
Anyone know where I can download that video? I have ADSL at long last. Which means playing against you guys on PS2 or XBox online is now a serious possibility

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Oct 7 2005, 06:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Oct 7 2005, 06:30 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Oct 7 2005, 11:42 AM
NRL deluxe vid
Anyone know where I can download that video? I have ADSL at long last. Which means playing against you guys on PS2 or XBox online is now a serious possibility [/b]
shot gg what games you got on ps2?

Latest posts