• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Official Rugby League 2 Update topic

Originally posted by kinkon89+Oct 7 2005, 08:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Oct 7 2005, 08:31 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Oct 7 2005, 06:30 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Oct 7 2005, 11:42 AM
NRL deluxe vid

Anyone know where I can download that video? I have ADSL at long last. Which means playing against you guys on PS2 or XBox online is now a serious possibility
shot gg what games you got on ps2? [/b]
Only rubbish stuff. I normally hire games out.

Won't buy until I get a decent footie game out.

I don't know much about PS2 online. Seems very small fry here in NZ. In fact I haven't seen anyone I know who is PS2 online, just the XBox people.

But if we can work this out then playing overseas people would be great as all these people around me hate playing me because I am too difficult to play. Yet I know that I am not that fantastic at all, it is just that the local competition are pathetic!

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Oct 7 2005, 08:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Oct 7 2005, 08:30 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
NRL deluxe vid
Anyone know where I can download that video? I have ADSL at long last. Which means playing against you guys on PS2 or XBox online is now a serious possibility [/b]
You can download the nrl deluxe video from
http://www.freewebs.com/rugbyleaguegame.
enjoy.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Oct 7 2005, 06:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Oct 7 2005, 06:40 PM)</div>
Originally posted by kinkon89@Oct 7 2005, 08:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
NRL deluxe vid

Anyone know where I can download that video? I have ADSL at long last. Which means playing against you guys on PS2 or XBox online is now a serious possibility

shot gg what games you got on ps2?

I don't know much about PS2 online. Seems very small fry here in NZ. In fact I haven't seen anyone I know who is PS2 online, just the XBox people.

But if we can work this out then playing overseas people would be great as all these people around me hate playing me because I am too difficult to play. Yet I know that I am not that fantastic at all, it is just that the local competition are pathetic! [/b]
ow okay...i pretty much go online with my ps2 with midnight club dub edition...and fifa 04

...so rugby league is next
<

Originally posted by kinkon89+Oct 8 2005, 12:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Oct 8 2005, 12:57 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Oct 7 2005, 06:40 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
NRL deluxe vid

But if we can work this out then playing overseas people would be great as all these people around me hate playing me because I am too difficult to play. Yet I know that I am not that fantastic at all, it is just that the local competition are pathetic!
ow okay...i pretty much go online with my ps2 with midnight club dub edition...and fifa 04

<
[/b]
Hey, I like Fifa 05. So how do you get online to play your PS2?

Originally posted by doovepop+Oct 7 2005, 11:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (doovepop @ Oct 7 2005, 11:14 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Oct 7 2005, 08:30 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
NRL deluxe vid

enjoy. [/b]
Maybe it's never going to come out after that. The producer looked pretty hurt.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Oct 8 2005, 06:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Oct 8 2005, 06:07 AM)</div>
Originally posted by kinkon89@Oct 8 2005, 12:57 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
NRL deluxe vid

<
Hey, I like Fifa 05. So how do you get online to play your PS2? [/b]
FIFA 06 is a million times better. Maybe not quite as good as PES in gameplay, but the amount of options, and the gameplay improvements it has closes the gap pretty well.

Originally posted by scot+Oct 8 2005, 10:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (scot @ Oct 8 2005, 10:13 AM)</div>
Originally posted by doovepop@Oct 7 2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Oct 7 2005, 08:30 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
NRL deluxe vid

enjoy.
Maybe it's never going to come out after that. The producer looked pretty hurt. [/b]
why was he hurt?

i saw rl2 being advertized in the video ezy catalouge just now
<
along with the new tony hawk game
<

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Oct 8 2005, 04:07 AM
So how do you get online to play your PS2?
you need a network adaptor.....or if you have a slimline then the network adaptors already there

you just get a network cable and connect it to your network adaptor then connect it to your modem....you need a memory card...and before you play anygames you have to setup a network, dont worry it comes with the cd. The setting up thingy is easy.
<

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Oct 7 2005, 04:24 PM
Also, if your out there Mario, is a PSP version, ruled out ever?
We would like to bring a rugby league ***le to PSP. I think it would make a pretty cool PSP game actually, especially if you could hook it up to another console to take your franchise on the road with you.

Whether it actually happens or not is another story.

defintely would be good mario being able to take your franchise with you and vice versa. play a few games while travelling and then when you get back load it up again on the main console.

While I try not to go off topic, it seems appropiate here...

PS2 online in general is pretty weak.

Here's what I've tried with PS2 online:
SOCOM2: Generally plenty of players in Australasia, but I enjoy shooter games far more on PC.
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory: Only games you'd get would be laggy.
Burnout 3: Hardly ever found games that I could play in, when I did it was laggy but bearable.
Hardware Online Arena: Plenty of players, is about what you'd expect for a free game though.

I'm hoping there'll be plenty of Australasian players for RL2
<

So if the people online are on the other side of the world, does that mean that it becomes laggy? Can we only play people on our side of the world in order to get a decent game?

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Oct 8 2005, 09:16 PM
So if the people online are on the other side of the world, does that mean that it becomes laggy? Can we only play people on our side of the world in order to get a decent game?
yeh kinda
<

i think it depends on the game's server..

becoz i play against americans with midnight club and it aint laggy....but for FIFA it gets laggy when i smash some die hard Argentine.

yeah can depend on the server and the connection of both people that are playing. generally speakintg nz will get worse connections to uk and america but will be fine within nz and to Aus.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Oct 8 2005, 12:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Oct 8 2005, 12:07 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Oct 8 2005, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by kinkon89@Oct 8 2005, 12:57 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
NRL deluxe vid

<

Hey, I like Fifa 05. So how do you get online to play your PS2?
FIFA 06 is a million times better. Maybe not quite as good as PES in gameplay, but the amount of options, and the gameplay improvements it has closes the gap pretty well. [/b]
Does Fifa 2006 feature that new Australian league?

Just downloaded the NRL deluxe footage, although its not very clear it is the best gameplay footage relesed so far, it looks pretty good and I only noticed a couple of things:

1. The passes were all very slow and lobbed making it difficult to pop a quick ball to a suport player(players seem to run in support quite well)

2. Does the video ref only make calls on strips over the line? In one of the tries scored by the tigers, the guy cleary slides dead and the try is awarded without the video ref. If it is only on strips, is there more than one animation.

If Mario or anyone else knows the anwsers it would be much appreciated

P.S. The tigers do this gay high five celebration, and Freddie Fitler sums it up nicely!! Its pretty funny. Apart from that one, the cut scenes looked pretty good. Overall im impressed, hope its not too far away!

@ Scot, nope.... Thank god, they seem to have stripped any New Zealand involvement in this game...Apart from Ryan Nelsen.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Oct 9 2005, 12:16 AM
I've got a 256k upload speed, which is actually below the recommended 512k upload speed, so it might be playable with a better connection than what I've got.

However, it makes sense that, the further away your opponent/server is, the worse your connection will be.

Latest posts