• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Online rugby games

No thanks needed guys. I just hope others enjoy it as much as me (but don’t get addicted like me!).

Tommowins: The league structure isn’t too complicated. Basically each country’s leagues etc are completely separate from other countries. The only time your club can face a club from another country is in a Friendly game (which kick-off at 7.35pm Mondays, in the time zone of the home side).

The main competition for clubs is the league. Each league has 8 teams and the leagues are organised into a pyramid setup. Div.I is the top level of the pyramid, with only one league of 8. Below that is Div.II, with 4 leagues of 8. Below that is Div.III, with 16 leagues of 8. It multiplies by 4 each time you go down another level of the pyramid. There is promotion and relegation on the pyramid, so the cream can rise to the top. The bottom two teams from each league are relegated automatically and the 5th and 6th placed teams have to play a promotion/relegation playoff to keep their spot. In the league you play every other team once at home and once away (for a total of 14 games). The top 4 then go to the playoffs, in week 15 of the season. League games are 2.35pm on Saturdays.

The other club comp is the cup. This is a knockout competition for all clubs in each country. Games are on a Wednesday night at 7.35pm and you basically keep playing until you are knocked out. The last team standing takes the Cup. Unlike the league, Cup games see the gate/attendance profits split between the home and away team. So a long cup run can be quite lucrative.

Hope that description helps a bit mate.

Dale: Yeah a lot of guys played both Battrick and Blackout. There are still a few guys who play both but most have now given up on their Battrick clubs (many were apparently well established too) and are just concentrating on Blackout. This is just mainly because Blackout is a better design/well run game and there tends to be a lot more effort being put into Blackout to improve the game constantly and provide new challenges and rewards to the participants. Personally I’ve never played Battrick as I’ve found I’ve been more than busy enough with only one game. In terms of time though, you can just play as much as you want. The only time requirement is that you log in once every 6 weeks to check the progress of your side. You don’t have to log in all the time, but it seems that once you get into it you start logging in nearly every day to check up on things etc. All I can say is that most people who play Blackout love it. But some people just don’t enjoy management games as much as others. If you’re a rugby fan though, I’d be tempted to at least give it a go for a couple of weeks. It’s grown a lot since the Beta stages and is certainly worth trying out, even if you do find you like it. That’s on the condition that if you start spending too much time in the game, then you can’t blame me though!!

Prestwick: It does get hard managing your team’s energy levels sometimes (I imagine it must be quite a realistic issue too, especially for NH club coaches having manage Premiership campaigns as well as trying to compete in European comps too). Sometimes you have to pick and choose your battles and maybe play using the ‘With Next Week in Mind’ tactic to allow your boys a break. I usually try to avoid playing the game ‘Like There’s No Tomorrow’ coz it just kills your team. I also usually never play WNWIM in the cup, just coz of the big money you can get. Also, if you’re playing an AI opponent/computer manager then you should be able to easily win (I’m talking 30-0 AT LEAST) whilst playing WNWIM. An important point is also that WNWIM also gives you extra in-game training (compared to TNT, which gives you none!!) so if you can squeeze in some WNWIM games you will accelerate your teams growth and also ensure that your boys are fresh for the bigger battles.

I'm in!

Couldn't resist it LOL what with it being a slow day at work B)

Team name is Old Rootonians
User is Daylightfire

loving it so far! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tommowins @ Apr 15 2009, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Anyone who just started up for a friendly next week? Week 7.[/b]

I would have but I just agreed to one this morning. I just brought 2 new blokes so I'm keen to test them out. I'm keen for the week after if you are?

Dissapointing loss last week in my first match to Australoa 26-7 Starmoans. Key factors were, possesion 68%-32%, missed tackles 9-51, rucks won 52-20 & metres gained 626m to my 153m. We were starved of possesion and dominated at the breakdown, not to mention that my current crop of retards can't tackle. :wall:

ps. Now I know how the old Highlanders coach use to feel. :lol:

I lost my first two games. Both I was leading by over ten at half time, however stamina came into play and I ended up losing them both by over 12 points!

I'll be free for the week after next week.

Never got to manage my game, I was on holiday so I had to read the match report.

Cool I'll send you a friendly invite then.

I am still working my way through the game. not sure how i am doing or what i am doing still :) just setting up my training and stuff to begin with.

I have set up a friendly with someone, not sure who that was :) was it from someone here? no idea :)

What's your team name Woosaah? I'll book a friendly match with your mob in two weeks time.

Getting ready for my first match on Sat,

Putting together a decent side, but I reckon it will be a while before I'm ramping up the league :)
Slowly slowly catch the monkey.

Username on BR is Ripper, silly Ripper stole my username on here :D

I'm pretty happy to have made it to the the final 32 of the NZ Cup, team name Hamilton Gold.

We should really emphasize the NZ offsite forum here Scuuba.

I remember you bragging about your team being super fit before Prestwick, how often do you LTNT? I have decided to focus on the cup from now on, as I think my team is good enough to win the playoffs and get promoted from 2/3rd place. All that will be for **** if I loose one cup game though, and I have a tough one next week.

I don't have much problem with fitness levels tbh, and most of my boys play 3 games a week. (WNWIM in friendlies, normal in the others) and I only rest my fullback (and Ireland U20's fullback) and my lock in friendlies as they are my most heavily trained players, seems to work quite well :)

i have no idea what my team name is i cant remember, it has something to do with woosaahs in it.

i have only been on a week, and i have no idea what i am doing ;) tips anyone?

Many nations have dedicated offsite forums (like Chiefs fan has mentioned above) for chatting to other managers, getting tips and tracking national age grade talent etc.

New Zealand has one of the most active, so that could be a good place to start Woosah. Lucky for you it is only open to NZ managers, so sorry to those not from NZ on here. But it's worth investigating your own nations forums because they are quite useful.

NZ's Offsite Forums are:

http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=nzblackout

It does take a little while to start gaining real momentum with your team. And quite a few managers push for promotion a little too soon, when the best opportunity to grow your squad is actually against easier opposition and BOT teams in lower leagues.

Most established managers are keen to help out new members, it's just a matter of getting into the Clubrooms on BR and having a look around. But it'll be good if we can create a bit of a spot for BR related chat here and to organise friendlies between us.

Victory!!!

A stunning win for Old Rootonians in their first outing under the new manager!

Scoring a late try to win 14 - 17 away from home :bravo: :bravo:

Meanwhile, the Lavers managed to hold off repeated attacks to win 14 - 10! Now all we need is to win a couple more games to avoid the drop!!

I lost at the death for the second week in a row. My young (207cm tall) Lock who was having a storming game knocked the ball on 5m out from my tryline with 77 minutes on the clock despite his Admirable handling, and even though they were being driven backwards in the scrum the opposition still scored.

I lost 13-10, and if my Flyhalf (who is also Ireland U20's flyhalf, and Ireland U20 are undefeated and the #1 ranked U20 side in BR at the moment) ha slotted all his kicks like he does for the national team I would have won.

**** sake, least I'm still in the cup.

Ickon you already had a friendly organised for round 8 so I arranged another one.

Woosaah I put in a friendly request for Wk.8. I presume your team is Woosaah's Slicks?

yep i am woosaahs slicks :) thanks for that.

ill acept your request when i get home.

still no idea what i am trying to do in it though :)

Latest posts