• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Opening Ceremony

D

DonBilly

For the generation which is in its 40's the opening ceremony will have an air of déjà vu. Johnny Clegg, very popular since the 80's in France, where is known as the white Zoulou, will sing and dance during this opening ceremony. The south-african pop star was interviewed by the French TV a few days ago, he's currently touring in France where there are many music festivals as usual in summer. He said that he appreciated the honour and thanked the French RWC orgasition committee. He added that of course he will support the Spring Bokes during the RWC.

Seriously!!!I don't know that he will participate at this opening ceremony...It's a good thing I think,and I like this song so...

Donbilly, glad to hear Johnny`s also very popular with you guys in France. I get gooseflesh every time I listen to Impi or The Crossing. Yeah, he`s a real legend over here. Grew up on a farm in Zululand in Natal, and could speak fluent Zulu before he could speak English, as well as do all of the traditional dances, sometimes even better than the Zulu`s themselves. Do you know perhaps which song/s he`ll be performing?

Latest posts