• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ormond Gone From The Bay

E

esoj

Bay of plenty are in big trouble with their second best player now leaving to play in japan. after senio's departure this is a cruel blow for the bay. and ormond and senio won't be the last either it seems

from nz herald

The memorable NPC rugby career of Bay of Plenty captain Wayne Ormond is nearly at an end.

The fearsome New Zealand Maori and Chiefs loose forward will play his last match for the Steamers against Northland at Blue Chip Stadium on Saturday, after signing a deal to play in Japan.

Ormond is joining the Coca-Cola club early next year after seven seasons with Bay of Plenty and three years of Super 12.

He has been released from the final year of his contract with Bay of Plenty.

Halfback Kevin Senio has already confirmed he is moving to Canterbury, while fullback Adrian Cashmore and veteran Paul Tupai are heading overseas.

Several other players are awaiting Super 14 selection before deciding if they will go too.

I think he is better than senio totally different but i would pick ormand over senio any day
<

also does anyone else keep thinking about the stupid movie with shaqille oneil called Blue Chips when ever someone says Blue Chip Stadium????

no??? just me ok
<

Originally posted by woosaah@Oct 5 2005, 01:20 PM
I think he is better than senio totally different but i would pick ormand over senio any day
<

also does anyone else keep thinking about the stupid movie with shaqille oneil called Blue Chips when ever someone says Blue Chip Stadium????

no??? just me ok
<
Maybe last year, but this year I'd have Senio well before Ormond...........

......don't think Ormond has really been the same since his brief super 12 campaign this year where he looked out of his depth at that level - Senio on the other hand looks like he has/can make the step up, and with an excellent team in Canterbury I'd expect to see him to really shine next year.

Latest posts