• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Orrell RUFC on the brink but going down fighting

This Orrell thing just proves that Business men and sport dont mix. The Americanisation of sport globally will kill it. Sporting clubs are the grassroots of the game be it rugby,league or soccer. People need to wake up and stop these rich folk from buying their sporting club only to sell it to a delveloper when things get tough.

This Orrell thing just proves that Business men and sport dont mix. The Americanisation of sport globally will kill it. Sporting clubs are the grassroots of the game be it rugby,league or soccer. People need to wake up and stop these rich folk from buying their sporting club only to sell it to a delveloper when things get tough. [/b]
Dude. I don't know so much if it's the Americanization as it is we live in the modern age, where kit and grounds are expensive, and you sort of have to sell yourselves to your sponsors to get stuff done. The world revolves around money and it's getting harder and harder to come by (Well, the expendable kind). So, it sucks, but this is a victim of the modern times.

This Orrell thing just proves that Business men and sport dont mix. The Americanisation of sport globally will kill it. Sporting clubs are the grassroots of the game be it rugby,league or soccer. People need to wake up and stop these rich folk from buying their sporting club only to sell it to a delveloper when things get tough. [/b]

I whole heartedly agree but its inevitable.

<div class='quotemain'> This Orrell thing just proves that Business men and sport dont mix. The Americanisation of sport globally will kill it. Sporting clubs are the grassroots of the game be it rugby,league or soccer. People need to wake up and stop these rich folk from buying their sporting club only to sell it to a delveloper when things get tough. [/b]
Dude. I don't know so much if it's the Americanization as it is we live in the modern age, where kit and grounds are expensive, and you sort of have to sell yourselves to your sponsors to get stuff done. The world revolves around money and it's getting harder and harder to come by (Well, the expendable kind). So, it sucks, but this is a victim of the modern times.
[/b][/quote]

You have just summed up the sad reality of modern sport. :(

Latest posts