Ospreys v Clermont

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Ospreys.png
V
Clermont.png
</div>

The Ospreys were dealt the double blow of losing both Lee Byrne and Ian Evans after their draw at the Welford Road.

It'll be interesting to see how the Ospreys react to throwing away such a great position against the Tigers.

Clermont for their part will be looking to improve on their discipline which certainly seemed to be an issue against Viadana, but maybe it was just a case of complacency against the weakest side in this pool.

If Clermont are to have serious aspirations of winning the Heineken Cup then this is the sort of match they must win.

Ospreys seem to be going the same way as last weekend,
Had a decent lead going into halftime, but they lost it/have been over taken in 20minutes

Shane Williams with a try saving tackle on Nalaga :D
EDIT: who gets hios revenge and boffs Shane

Down to one point difference with not very many minutes left on the clock, again :p

Splendid perfo from both teams...Clermont close to do the same reaction than Toulouse yesterday by scoring 3 tries in the first 11 min of the second half.

Regret that Mr Barnes did not invert the last scrum as it has been completely turned off by ASM

Too close for comport there.

I know I keep on harping on about it, but why do they insist on picking Cai Griffiths. The scrum improved somewhat when Craig Mitchell came on, although it still appeared under pressure towards the end. The Ospreys need to realise that when they're getting starved of posetion, when they get posetion they need to hold onto it, instead of trying 50/50 passes etc. They're putten themselves under pressure, awarding scrums to the opposition where they're generally getting steamtolled.

Their lack of quality props is really making them struggle. It's a stupid position for a team that's spent so much to be in. When will they finally realise that Cai and Paul are rubbish and get rid of them! Recruit some propper props ffs.

Glad of the win, unhappy that the same mistakes were made again in the second half. The Ospreys should have been eyeing a bonus point win at half time, instead they had to hang on by the skin of their teeth. I know it was against one of the form teams in Europe, but it's still not good enough (in the second half atleast).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Regret that Mr Barnes did not invert the last scrum as it has been completely turned off by ASM[/b]
yes it had, but Ryan Jones pounced on the ball instantly, before the scrum buckled. He did very well towards the end at the back of a retreating scrum, just picked up the ball straight away, then drove 5m forward, to turn useless ball into workable ball.

Didn't see the second half, but my half a cent is that if Adam Jones was fit, the Ospreys would dominate this pool. Damn Bakkies ****ing Botha.

Only the Ospreys could go into half time with a 19 point lead and fail to close it out. Mind you, the there was a knock-on in the third try that the officials missed. Couldn't they have gone to the TMO?

Barry Davis' try was brilliant, though. More of the same, please. And with Phillips' surge into the defenders, why didn't he just go the other way? Nobody was there, and he wouldn't have had to go off and see Jamie Nutbrown come onto the field. If he's not fit next week, play Shane at 9 and Walker/Bowe on the wings.

Think that the Ospreys can feel very lucky tonight but glad to see clermont put up a fight as from experience of following Munster there, the Ospreys will reallt be up against it when they go to Clermont!

Any side that goes to Clermont is up against it. IMO this pool will be decided by how they perform in Welford Road.

Thought Clermont were pretty average myself.

Maybe they were just made look that was by the Ospreys.

Some average kicking by Clermont in the first half. But the Ospreys were very good on the attack for the forst 40mins. Second half, Clermont looked decent, wheras the Ospreys were utter sh*t for the majority. They woke up a bit in the last 10mins or so, and put some pressure back on Clermont with some big tackling and counter-rucking.

Still not seeing anywhere neer an 80min display from the Ospreys, but they are improving steadily imo. Scott Johnson's influence is certainly starting to show through, with some nice handling between forwards and backs. The basics still need to be sorted though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 18 2009, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Any side that goes to Clermont is up against it. IMO this pool will be decided by how they perform in Welford Road.[/b]
Clermont are dangerous at home and capable of bonus point wins but away in Welford Road I agree is a massive game.
If they serious, which team selection suggest they are, then I fancy them giving Leicester a game. The Ospreys though I think are still in best position for pool at moment I think as if they can get a loosing BP at Clermont then I reckon they'll beat Leicester at home.
Either way this looks like been most exciting H'Cup in history.

Latest posts