16: Tom Sexton
17: Jack McGrath
18: Mike Ross
19: Eoin Sheriff
20: Rhys Ruddock
21: Paul O’Donohoe
22: Ian McKinley
23: Dave Kearney

I won't speak of the Ospreys too much because I'm not too familiar with it but there appears to be a stronger spine to to their team than to Leinster's side.

For Leinster I assume Shaun Berne and Richardt Strauss are nursing injuries because Ian Madigan has looked shaky at 10 and Jason Harris Wright has yet to start a game. Trevor Hogan is also nowhere to be seen.

Hopefully Clint Newland scrummages better than last week because he was very poor in that regard. Leo Cullen starting is an indictment on the Ireland management not picking him but I'm glad he's in Leinster's team. Likewise I'm glad Mike Ross is available for selection even though he should be in the Ireland team.

Of the bench, Tom Sexton is in line for his debut while the callow Eoin Sheriff and Ian McKinley are primed for their first appearance of the season.

Ospreys to win by 10.

Gareth Owen's not quick enough to play fullback, so they stick him on the wing... Slap in the face for Kristian Phillips and Prydie?

Snoop he isn't any relation to Jonny Sexton. Hasn't he a brother that's a centre too I seen in AIL a nice tidy player.
On the team that is a very nice team considering the players missing.

As far as I'm aware Tom Sexton is no relation to Ireland's premier flyhalf ;). Indeed Jonny Sexton has a brother playing in the centre for Mary's in the AIL. He has another brother playing for Leinster's u18 team- a 2nd row as far as I remember.

It's a decent Leinster team considering international call ups and injuries. A lot will be expected of Nacewa, Horgan, Boss, van der Merwe, Cullen, Jennings and Keogh to steer the less experienced players through the game. All in all it's a decent pack (hopefully JHW is up to it at hooker), good back three and solid centre partnership. I have my doubts about Madigan's ability to control the game though. Ian McKinley who's on the bench may lack Madigan's flair but he's a more polished 10.

Think is for Madigan though, like Sexton for Ireland, he still is learning alot a this level and will improve.
Has JHW good darts because it a massive battle of the packs and Osprey can be good a lineout time as they seem to have alot more experience. Domnic Ryan and Marty will hopefully have few clashes too

Two strong teams in which should be a good game. Leinster will have to step up in the forwards and its lucky they have Ross on the bench to solidify the scrum if needed. A big test for Harris wright but I think he has potential, same for Madigan.

Ospreys lucky to win this match with Biggar kicking all their possetion away! Leinster looked dangerous with ball in hand, but struggled a little at the breakdown, and got mullered in the scrum. I thought Richard Hibbard was superb today in every single facet of play. He was part of a dominant front row, hit his jumpers every time in the lineout and was tireless around the pitch. Infact it was his steal in the final minute from a Leinster rolling maul 5m out that secured the win for the Ospreys.

Ospreys backs were dire however in both attack and defense. Ashley Beck started very well making a few clean breaks, but then Biggar decided he wouldn't give him the ball again and he'd just aimlessly kick the ball away at every opportunity. He didn't even decide to hold onto the ball when Leinster were down to 13 men! Gareth Owen and Barry Davies were no better. I was shouting for Mathew Morgan to come on at half time, because I'm sure he would of at least had a crack and tried to create something. Biggar is going backwards at a rate of knots, time he get's a dose of reality with some Premiership rugby me thinks.

I thought Ospreys would win this based on the team sheets but having seen the game, I think Leinster were robbed. Apart from the scrum which the Ospreys dominated and the breakdown where they slowed up a lot of ball, Leinster showed more cohesion and played a sexy offloading game. They were the better team. Having said that, a losing bonus point is a fairly satisfactory outcome given all the injuries and international callups.

Hopefully Andrew Conway isn't too badly injured. He looked electric whenever he had the ball. Ian Madigan played very well too. Isaac Boss was **** poor. Ed O'Donoghue did nothing other than get himself binned- he's been an awful signing based on his performances so far. Time will tell with Clint Newland but on the evidence I've seen thus far, he's not as good as Simon Shawe or Mike Ross.

Last edited:
Lads. Just listening to reports but Isa Nacewa is such an under rated player I think to Leinster like I know fans appreciate him but he really is a talent to admire.

The Ospreys have an excellent up-and-coming attacking fly-half in Matthew Morgan who just needs game time. And so what do they do? Rip him from Swansea RFC where he could at least be playing at a lower level and force him to sit on the bench and watch Dan Biggar make countless mistakes and never come off! It's just a shame he isn't in the HC squad.

Latest posts