• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Other Gaming Companies!? Where are you!?

C

Cam1505

To be quite frank, EA Sports' Rugby Franchise is so certain that their product will sell because of the fact that they are the only Game Developers who are releasing any rugby games of recent. Seeing that Swordfish aren't doing a follow-up on Rugby Challenge 2006 and the Sidhe League Series is a range on it's own, EA has no-one to compete with.

Sketch the scenario! If another gaming company could possibly release a game that will be realistic, with constant adding of features into the series, fresh ideas and authenticity EA would certainly bring their A-game to the party in terms of better gaming quality.

The thing is EA are sure of their turnover for Rugby 08 because they now that the Rugby Gaming Community is in fact fanatical, and would buy the game for sure.

If another gaming company is involved in the development of a Better Rugby Simulation, the situation is totally turned around, because EA aren't so sure of their sales for the particular product.

The sad thing about this is that Rugby is a complex sport and most Game Developers won't be up to the task of creating such a multi-dimensional game.

But hyperthetically speaking, the only thing we need is healthy competition between game developers.

:help: :help:

Although EA technically don't develop anything (as they're only publishers) the theorey is sound. Sadly however, as shown with Fifa vs PES, competition doesn't necessarilly make the developers improve their product, instead just inspires EA to get exclusives on the lisences (eg. Madden).

A pitty, but that's EA for you.

Although EA technically don't develop anything (as they're only publishers) the theorey is sound. Sadly however, as shown with Fifa vs PES, competition doesn't necessarilly make the developers improve their product, instead just inspires EA to get exclusives on the lisences (eg. Madden).

A pitty, but that's EA for you. [/b]

True, but I think in this instance it depends on what your personal preferences are Authenticity or Gameplay! But it would be "virtually" impossible to expect game developers to focus on both of these nowadays. As with Rugby Challenge 2006 and Rugby 06, one lacks authenticity and the other lacks gameplay.

In my opinion I liked the gameplay it was different, but I guess that differs from person to person.

I think r06 beats RC2006. Ok, so you need an editor, but you can at least update the game yourself. RC2006 was ok, but r06 wins hands down, i enjoy r06 much more than RC2006.. for a start you can actually have tactics in r06.. in RC2006 you just throw the ball around and go for 20 phases.. in r06 you run in 80m tries every game.. but at least that's possible i suppose.

Said it before:

Where fore art thou Konami?

I'd just love to know what would have happened if Japan had got the 2011 World Cup. No guarantee the kings of football gaming would suddenly decide to branch out, but it would certainly be interesting to see what would happen if the popularity of rugby in Asia were to get a massive boost.

Sadly I don't think the markets big enough for two rugby game developers - its only just big enought for EA, and no self respecting developer is going to want to take them on when fighting for scraps.

Latest posts