• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Owen's coming home?

liverpool must be up to something with baros getting the flick. I would say liverpool would want owen but may not be able to get him just yet and may have to wiait for the next transfer window. one thing for sure is that owen isn't liking sitting on the bench at madrid.

Can't really blame Owen for only wanting to go to Newcastle on loan, 1 point from 3 games isn't exactly an inviting prospect despite previous seasons results.

Benitez again says he's not that keen on Owen, their would be offer of â'¬11.5 million says it all compared to Newcastle's â'¬25 million.

Oh well at least we won't get relegated now. Finally some decent signings on top of Luque and Emre. Things are looking up.

granted but a monkey could get Michael Owen to score goals so it won't be too much of a problem for Souness.

He can't get Shearer to score...
<

and there is the flip side, if anyone can put a quality player off their form Souness can, just look at the performance by the classy Boumsong at the weekend
<

Michael, get your head examined! He'll regret being hasty in years to come. He's a classy player, great goalscorer, but Newcastle do not have the service for him, although there is still 14 and a half hours for that to change.

Gutted, but I wish him well.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Aug 31 2005, 08:25 PM
Michael, get your head examined! He'll regret being hasty in years to come. He's a classy player, great goalscorer, but Newcastle do not have the service for him, although there is still 14 and a half hours for that to change.

Gutted, but I wish him well.
Blame Benitez, he didn't exactly make Owen or Real a deal that was reasonable for him to go back to Liverpool. IMO Liverpool needed him as if Cisse gets injured, you will have a slow-ass strike force.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Aug 31 2005, 10:03 PM
I trust the manager.
Why shouldn't you, he won the CL. But he missed out on Owen, got rid of Baros and spent too much on Crouch.

Originally posted by loratadine@Aug 31 2005, 11:30 AM
owen have officially signed now, four year deal with no get out clause.
I think you'll find the deal is littered with get out clauses. This time next year, he can leave Newcastle for £12 million, for example.

The most expensive loan deal in history, anyone?

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Sep 1 2005, 01:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 1 2005, 01:15 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Aug 31 2005, 11:30 AM
I think you'll find the deal is littered with get out clauses. This time next year, he can leave Newcastle for £12 million, for example.

The most expensive loan deal in history, anyone? [/b]
Owen's too much of a professional to leave like that after one season IMO.

Of course, if they get relegated...

Originally posted by harrison2468+Sep 1 2005, 03:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (harrison2468 @ Sep 1 2005, 03:39 AM)</div>
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Sep 1 2005, 01:15 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Aug 31 2005, 11:30 AM

The most expensive loan deal in history, anyone?
Owen's too much of a professional to leave like that after one season IMO. [/b]
Like he stuck it out at Real...

Latest posts