• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Passing needs improveing

F

funksoulbrother

passing can be very slow - you push pass and have to wait for the animation to take place. Should be like in Lomu - the pass happens instantly. Lomu feels more fluid.

In lomu you can also hold the pass button and then release it. Timeing the pass is everything (like in real rugby)

In Rugby 2005 you can't play the fast pass out of the tackle style like Wales play (in Lomu you can)

I think the game is good, but there are some stupid things in it.

Originally posted by umaga@Mar 21 2005, 03:19 PM
dont chat ****
Do you ever actually back up your opinions rather than just insulting people?

Offloads would be nice to see, but I think some of the flack the passing system is receiving is unwarranted. A lot of it comes down to the passing stats of the individual player. Some scrum halves are able to fire out passes quicker than others, as are some 10s. It takes a bit of time to get used to, but you can produce some very fluid passages of play.

i've noticed that two. The difference between a centre who has good and bad passing skills is enormous.

There are a lot of things in the game where you need to wait for the animation to take place before it does what you like. Just wish it was more instant

Originally posted by funksoulbrother@Mar 21 2005, 04:27 PM
There are a lot of things in the game where you need to wait for the animation to take place before it does what you like. Just wish it was more instant
Yeah, that's the only annoying thing I find about some of the hand offs. Sometimes you can break through, time the hand off on the full back perfectly, only to get tackled from behind by the defense coming back before you can sprint to the line because you have to wait for the animation to finish.

a few changes which will make this game alot better

- the miss pass looks ugly, make it faster
- make the sidestep L2 & R2 buttons & the hand off the circle button
- bring back the smother tackle
- short lineout options & also the willy away around the front & back
- quick lineouts if no oppostitions there.
- the halfback should do box kicks
- improve the ruck area, more numbers to breakdowns equals turnovers
- do away with the dummy & make it a cut - holding L1 & than hit R1 or viceversa

Yeah, half-backs can do box kicks. Hold triangle at a ruck, maul or scrum and then direct the kick.

I think what theyve done with the passing is exellent, if a passer has poor passing skill, then he will throw the ball to high or to low causing a longer catch animation for the reciever resulting in him possibly getting hammered, which is realistic!! just like a hospital ball in real life, its good to see that bad passing skills are reflected in the game.

Latest posts