• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PC Rugby 08 Advice

M

mairicampbell3

hello, ive always been a rugby game fan, but ive always bought them on ps2. But now i think ill buy it on PC as to change the kits and things that ive always been jealous of. I was just wondering if anyone can reccoemnd a controller for the pc that would work well with the game, and can you playe rit on multiplayer on PC? Thanks

I'd recommend a Keyboard. Quite an effective game controller.
[/b]

Keyboard? I found you can't really run diagonally with a keyboard, and soon you'll have severe RSI. My suggestion is to get your hands on a logitech gamepad. I've got the rumblepad II, it's very similar to the PS pads and not too expensive.

for multiplayer you'll need 2 controllers but could use a keyboard and 1 controller for 2 player games.

Nah its easy 2 run diagonally with key board. Just a combination of UP and ACROSS. RSI injury occurs mostly in people who are awkward with the keyboard.

A keyboard is a rubbish option. I've got a Saitek pad and really get on with it, so I'd quite happily recommend one of those.

I always found the keyboard unatural to play something like rugby on and have always played with a gamepad. I still use one that I got when the 2002 soccer world cup was on for $20 dual firestorm 2 it works great has lots of buttons and dual analogue stick. have only heard good things about the logitech rumbepad II gamepads reasonably cheap too.

<div class='quotemain'>
I'd recommend a Keyboard. Quite an effective game controller.
[/b]

Keyboard? I found you can't really run diagonally with a keyboard, and soon you'll have severe RSI. My suggestion is to get your hands on a logitech gamepad. I've got the rumblepad II, it's very similar to the PS pads and not too expensive.

for multiplayer you'll need 2 controllers but could use a keyboard and 1 controller for 2 player games. [/b][/quote]

Keyboard works very well.The reason why you could not run diagonally is because your keyboard does not support mulltiple keypress.Meaning that it can't perform the action going diagonally upward or downward into a direction left or right.When you buy a keyboard make sure it can accept multiple keypress.Then the game works very nice playing with the keyboard.It does take a while to get used to the keys but once you got it you will love it.Some goes for a game controller.Once you are used to it,you cannot do without it.I have played with both and in my own way I am doing pretty well playing with the keys or the game controller. :bravo:

I got a Logitech Dual Action controller which is exactly like the PS2 controller.

logitech%20gamepad%20dual%20action.jpg

I would recommend this if you haven't got a spare PS2 controller, which you should pick up for around £15. There are many more PS2 Esq controller that are alot cheaper, but Logitech are the more renowned makers, so you are getting something that will work

I use Xbox controllers with Xbox to PC converter (handles 4 controllers) and it works a treat with customisable buttons for each of the controller. I've had so much fun play with and aginst my mates on the big screen.

Get a Logitech Rumblepad 2.

Looks just like a PS2 controller, very responsive. Plus EA games are automatically mapped to it, so the control scheme in the manual or menu will match that of the controller exactly.

Take care,
PK

Get a Logitech Rumblepad 2.

Looks just like a PS2 controller, very responsive. Plus EA games are automatically mapped to it, so the control scheme in the manual or menu will match that of the controller exactly.

Take care,
PK [/b]

Cheers for that, I was looking for a gamepad recommendations and reasons why I should buy it. I bought the usb adapter yesterday, and was annoyed that I wasn't able to remap/re-configure the buttons ... I should've read earlier topics on this.

2 more days ....

Latest posts