• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PdV Pearlers

S

Steve-o

Peter De Villiers has easily become the Springboks most controversial coach, in a matter of weeks really.
His love for English metaphors, sayings and phrases combined with his Afrikaans tongue, his strong Boland accent and slap stick humour, was always gonna be recipe for disaster.

Some quoting pearlers so far in the PdV saga:
'I'll tell them, "Talk is cheap, and money buys whiskey".'
'If you want to run with the big dogs, you've got to lift a leg'
'What we try to tell them is when you point your finger into the sky, don't concentrate on the finger, because you'll miss all the heavenly glory out there.'
'Look at life, too, laws are there to be broken and maybe that's what our intention is tomorrow, to go break those laws'

Stay tuned, there's bound to be more. Feel free to add more quotes if you've spotted another PdV pearler!

'Look at life, too, laws are there to be broken and maybe that's what our intention is tomorrow, to go break those laws'

Is he referring to his team or the all blacks? because he's complaining about the all blacks to the irb lol

Nah that quote was in Perth. I think it's just a poorly thought out metaphor.
The quote about the big dogs is my personally favourite. I haven't laugh that hard in ages :lol:

"There's no real difference between winning and losing, except winning feels better"

?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Aug 23 2008, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Peter De Villiers has easily become the Springboks most controversial coach, in a matter of weeks really.
His love for English metaphors, sayings and phrases combined with his Afrikaans tongue, his strong Boland accent and slap stick humour, was always gonna be recipe for disaster.

Some quoting pearlers so far in the PdV saga:
'I'll tell them, "Talk is cheap, and money buys whiskey".'
'If you want to run with the big dogs, you've got to lift a leg'
'What we try to tell them is when you point your finger into the sky, don't concentrate on the finger, because you'll miss all the heavenly glory out there.'

Stay tuned, there's bound to be more. Feel free to add more quotes if you've spotted another PdV pearler![/b]

Is it just me or did he blatantly rip off Bruce Lee's teaching quote from 'Enter the Dragon' there? Except the quote is "don't think, FEEEEL. It is like a finger point away to the moon" *boy looks at finger and bruce smacks him on the head* "don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the heavenly glory".

Latest posts