• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pick Super Rugby Squads

Yaas, Daniel Ojiambo is a future legend, and whilst we are talking about him, I would have him above Vulindlu and Ndungane any day (btw I think Mvovo/Pietersen should play 11/14 respectively)

Daniel is way too good when carrying it up to be used as a wing...he will be more useful as a 7. I don't think he has enough skill to call himself a wing...he could cover there like Spies has done before, but i am pretty sure that his future is at looseforward...maybe with some work we could use him as a centre(crash ball), but we will have to wait and see.

Daniel is way too good when carrying it up to be used as a wing...he will be more useful as a 7. I don't think he has enough skill to call himself a wing...he could cover there like Spies has done before, but i am pretty sure that his future is at looseforward...maybe with some work we could use him as a centre(crash ball), but we will have to wait and see.

Well Ndungane rarely has enough skill himself but he does well enough, hence my suggestion that he could be used as a wing before one of those to, especially as we have 5 top notch loose-forwards in the squad already.

I do wonder if he will be used in the S15 though next year, he has seemed pretty desperate to get involved in the Blitzbokke in the past, and correct me if I am wrong but I believe that he qualifies next year.

Edit: Next seasons jersey looks awesome imo

Sorry about mixing up Ali and Steven. I didn't do that on purpose, just so you know haha.

I am confident Alberts can make a big difference of the bench but with that massive blow Deysel had with his injury I am not so sure he will get back to the level he had before. I do rate him as the best flanker in our squad if he can regain his level from before the injury. I remember the 2008 Currie Cup where he was by far the best Shark all over.

I might not be very objective when it comes to Kankowski since he is my favourite player.

@ JJR: It is Pietersen, not Pieterson ;)

Sorry about mixing up Ali and Steven. I didn't do that on purpose, just so you know haha.

I am confident Alberts can make a big difference of the bench but with that massive blow Deysel had with his injury I am not so sure he will get back to the level he had before. I do rate him as the best flanker in our squad if he can regain his level from before the injury. I remember the 2008 Currie Cup where he was by far the best Shark all over.

I might not be very objective when it comes to Kankowski since he is my favourite player.

@ JJR: It is Pietersen, not Pieterson ;)

i have seen Deysel come back from 6 weeks off and he plays as if he has not missed a minute...i mean all he has to do is catch the ball and run through some guys...physically he will be even better than what we have seen before...once he is match fit it will be very hard to keep him out of the starting 15. My loose trio...6-keegs 7-Deysel 8-Alberts...that is just my view; we can start kanko against the lions...he always plays well against them.

Spelling has not always been my strong point...

btw...Deysel is my favourite player...then Alberts. I really do like Kanko, but his game is not one that is effective in every game...strong ball carrying is critical in every rugby game.

Last edited:
Well Ndungane rarely has enough skill himself but he does well enough, hence my suggestion that he could be used as a wing before one of those to, especially as we have 5 top notch loose-forwards in the squad already.

Edit: Next seasons jersey looks awesome imo

I do wonder if he will be used in the S15 though next year, he has seemed pretty desperate to get involved in the Blitzbokke in the past, and correct me if I am wrong but I believe that he qualifies next year.

I see...you have a good point...i think Ojiambo will qualify next year...sevens could help prepare him for a role at wing...he will dominate the Sevens tournaments when he gets selected. The new Jonah Lomu?....

Alberts has been great, but not as an 8-man. It will be a close call between Deysel or Alberts. I prefer Deysel. We still have Botes by the way! No worries about the backrow in Durban this year.

Alberts has been great, but not as an 8-man. It will be a close call between Deysel or Alberts. I prefer Deysel. We still have Botes by the way! No worries about the backrow in Durban this year.

Yup, we in a good place; Alberts was considered mainly a number 8 when he came from the lions...i think he is just as effective in both positions, but whatever combination they choose it will be a very good one...Botes is a real workhorse, nice to have in the squad.

Do you know why by any chance?
Was he sacked or what?
Not offered a contract, He was still in the Reds Academy, but I guess they just didn't see a place for him in the final squad so he was offered neither an Academy spot or a Squad spot.

Latest posts