• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pinching lineout ball

the way i do it is from the moment the lineout starts, count to 5 or 6 seconds in your head and then press down, pressing down means you can snaffle ball thrown to down or right (d-pad), worth remembering that even when you guess right it doesnt mean you win it, much better than rc2006 in that sense/

It is challenging to win line-out ball - I manage about two a game if I am lucky. I normally send up the front jumper - so I make sure that I put my best line-out exponent at the front. I normally play a kicking game so I get plenty of chances to snapple the ball but my steal percentage is lower than what I managed in 2005. Some matches in that version would result in me winning up to 50% of opposition ball.

It's a bit annoying how some teams will snaffle all your throws. Silly telepathic AI :p

I found that if you see the computer using the same jumper on your throw, dont throw the ball until your jumper is descending, if you throw when both at their peak then your likely to loose your lineout ball, but throwing when your jumper has nearly landed means you'll win it 70% of the time and its much quicker to get the ball moving

I generally just put a jumper up at one and hope for the best. It's good how the AI varies how long before it throws in, so you need to just jump and hope you get up just before they do. It's pretty well balanced this time, was way too easy in 05

I got lineout stealing sorted now! Its 60% reliable on their throw and thats fine for me, unless they have a better lineout man than you, but as i have Matfield, that never happens!

I found that if you see the computer using the same jumper on your throw, dont throw the ball until your jumper is descending, if you throw when both at their peak then your likely to loose your lineout ball, but throwing when your jumper has nearly landed means you'll win it 70% of the time and its much quicker to get the ball moving [/b]

Thanks, Morris. I tried that technique and it works well!

I played as Ireland v England in the Six Nations and basically got all my lineout ball stolen. I think that I won two out of my eight throws. Obviously England won all of their own.

That sucked. I still won the game even though I didn't actually have to win the win the 6N. England has lost to France in the previous game and my points for/against were far better.

A strategy that I use is that if both players go up at the same time and I feel that their jumper is better than mine I will just hold the throw and wait for both jumpers to land again before throwing. This gives a 50/50 chance of my getting the ball back which is better then my 0% chance against England.

I know this isn't ideal but it is better than nothing.

morris,

You suggestion does work against most teams but I had absolute zero success using it against England.

Latest posts