• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Play it now like this

G

Gay-Guy

I remember when the game was first out there was somebody playing multiplayer without the dive tackle as they said it made the game quite good.

Well we thought we would give it a try and guess what..............the game is playable again.

Now you can actually make breaks without the fear of being ankle tapped from a defender 10 metres away. Also your first five stands a chance from getting smashed. We can even do those JLR length of the field tries.

Without the dive tackle (just use the run into tackle) the game plays and looks closer to real life and is much more enjoyable.

So R2005 lives again....................for now
<

Please don't..................this rumour that rugby 2005 can be enjoyable after a week or so is depressing.........
<

dunno about u mob be we have loaded up pes4 recently

u do realise IMMEDIATLEY how far rugby is off the mark, and how graceful, near flawless and shear class a real sports game can be

i cant put rugby 2005 back in...........and seriously considering trading in for WCR2006 (or whatever its called)

sure rugby 2005 may be better

but seeing i dont play it anymore, i might aswell trade it for something i will load up atleast one time from now, coz rugby 2005 wont be loaded up again

we smashed it in 2 player for months and were really enjoying rugby 2005
that is until we decided to blow the dust and cobwebs from pes4, and now we havent looked back

this is the 3rd time in a row, we have been revitilised in shock of how good the pes series is after a few months off.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Jun 7 2005, 12:45 PM
I remember when the game was first out there was somebody playing multiplayer without the dive tackle as they said it made the game quite good.

Well we thought we would give it a try and guess what..............the game is playable again.

Now you can actually make breaks without the fear of being ankle tapped from a defender 10 metres away.  Also your first five stands a chance from getting smashed.  We can even do those JLR length of the field tries.

Without the dive tackle (just use the run into tackle) the game plays and looks closer to real life and is much more enjoyable.

So R2005 lives again....................for now
<
i've been playing like that for ages and it some times ****** me off!
its alright running at them square on, but chasing them is a different story....
<

i cant help pressing X when chasing.....so we made up a rule:
-front on tackles.....no diving
-side on tackles.....no divng
-chasing a player....diving permitted only when really close or a try saving tackle

btw it ****** me off when the tackle animation doesn't activate and you miss
<

Originally posted by ak47@Jun 7 2005, 03:40 AM
dunno about u mob be we have loaded up pes4 recently
Same with me. Once you realise the longetivity and realism of sports games like Pro Evo, it shows the lack of effort that was put into Rugby 2005.

I had exactly the same experience with Rugby 2005 after playing PES4. Mind you, compared to PES4, a lot of games seem poor.

Thanks for the tip about omitting dive tackles from the game, I do find it too easy to defend using dive tackles so this should improve the realism of the game.

I'm having a bit of a "revival" with Rugby `05 at the moment, I enjoy it a heck of a lot more on the pc than x box, the graphics on the x box version suck.
It's poor compared to PES4 and ESPN NFL but hey, at least it's RUGBY !

If EA bring out a new version next year then I'd probably only buy it if they greatly improved the physics of the game.

well at the moment..im playing it like this

im outside with my dog and i throw the cd around and he catches it and runs away with it..the i chase him..if i catch em..its his turn to throw it...then i get and he chases me.....
<
....and yes im bored

this games 1player mode is limited..two player however is quite funny i played my brother and he was the allblacks and i was sth africa...he won in auckland 32-27
quite realistic and funny match

the second game however was played in sth africa in pretoria and i won 32-25
i was thrashing him inthe beginning with 2penalty kicks from percy and a droppy from the first5 also scored atry within 12minutes of da game..
its quite fun with two players...single player..NO

Ak47 is so right!!! I put down PES4 for quiet awhile and then went back to it and was blown away. It is amazing the playability and realism of the game and there are new things happening even after playing it for a year. Wish rugger games were like that!! EA are not very good as FIFA 2005 does not even come close to PES 4

well I've been playing it on the projector....100 inch image....and it holds up very well with component connections - very, very well.

pro ev 4 however is like actually playing soccer!!

I can't describe what it is like to hit the bean bag and play a few games of anything on this thing. Amazing stuff lol!!

when you play pro ev 4 you realise that for rugby - you need to go with hand drawn animation (like pro ev 4 and JLR) because it allows for randomness and last-second decisions, improved accuracy etc etc....

Rugby 2005 would've had a pop ball ( and apparently did) but removed because didn't look 'good' enough......they just don't get it. If I could play as hometeams for NZ in Lions tour - I would be playing this game hard core right now. I hate it when people say that ' this game catres too heavily for Shers etc" = WHY!!! WTF!! You get to tour with the Lions - that is f***ing sensational. It is for us SHers...a total non-event option for playing. f*** oficial licence etc..etc..WE WANT TO PLAY THE LIONS EA AND HAVE POP BALLS AND NO ANIMATIONS> everything else is pretty sweet IMO - but FFS!!!
<
It's not hard, they did a bad options, bad graphics version of this ten years ago - it was and is still known affectionately as Lomus. Please repeat this game with Rugby 2005 graphics and options (but improved again), and stop ficking us round. It's not fair trading.

I have to agree with Gay Guy. I only play r2005 with my bro & we use 'no dive' tackling & its really enjoyable!

best way to play is to take a middle of the road team like Scotland or Italy and play using them you'll find games are much more enjoyable and instead of barreling through defence ur going to have to make tactically smart decisions.

Funny when you play without pushing the dive tackle that the computer does not kick that much. Even when you do not use kick defence.

Did the world cup with SA on hard with no dive tackles. the games were very enjoyable and you have to learn how to do more speed variations to set someone up for a gap. just like the pop passes in real life. this is because the Computer on hard sucks you in like a black hole if you turbo like a madman non stop. I also found that you don't need the hold on the ball trick to get from one side of the field to the other.

Using no dive tackles has improved my play...................particularly the finer details of passing.

The no dive tackles are good. To make things even more interesting, try scoring without exploiting the HUGE GAP that always appears to the outside. I find this makes the game even more enjoyable.

Latest posts