• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Player editor in the works

D

Darhf

Just to let you know, I'm doing a player editor for the game.

ATM, I'm still figuring out the file format, but I've made great progress. Expect something next week.

If anyone is also doing a player editor, just let me know, I'll stop (I won't waste my time if somebody is doing it).

I believe Lazy Chestnut was working on one, but havent heard anything for a while. Dont see why we couldnt have 2 anyway, one may do things that the other doesnt.

Originally posted by Darhf@Feb 20 2006, 03:20 PM
Just to let you know, I'm doing a player editor for the game.

ATM, I'm still figuring out the file format, but I've made great progress. Expect something next week.

If anyone is also doing a player editor, just let me know, I'll stop (I won't waste my time if somebody is doing it).
I want your babies :) thanks so much for the effort you're putting into this, i know i'm not the only one to appreciate this

Damn right it is.

I take it that it's impossible to change team names again this year?

This is great ! Good work mate :bravo:

By the way, is it possible to change players names ? :mellow:

EDIT : I've just seen your post in the Kits thread! This is really nice :bana:

Will this work for the PS2 version? People make editors compatible for Pro Evolution on PS2, so will it be done with this?

wooo hooo

now i can make matfield better than an 84 ranked lock.. he should be 94!

and slow down pulse, drop eddie andrews/jon smit/de vet's stats

etc etc etc the list goes on. ea suck at player ratings in this game!

Originally posted by Bluebirds@Feb 21 2006, 08:48 AM
Will this work for the PS2 version? People make editors compatible for Pro Evolution on PS2, so will it be done with this?
I doubt it.

Originally posted by Darhf+Feb 22 2006, 12:30 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Bluebirds
@Feb 21 2006, 08:48 AM
I doubt it. [/b]
On rugby 2k5, the lazy_chesnut's editor didn't work for PS2 only because he didn't compute the roster file checksum after editing it.
PC version doesn't seem to care about it. PS2 version does.
Darhf, if you're editor take care about this checksum, you'll make a lot of console owners happy ;)

the 2005 player editor worked fine with the xbox, but only the rdf file not the roster saves.

is it possible it could work with roster saves this year, it'd save a ton of hassles

Listen,

I'm not the one who made the player editor last year, and I haven't seen the source of the latest, so it won't be the same.

I'm not working with rosters yet, only the standard default database.

Would it not be worthwhile for you and Lazy to work together on the project maybe achieving more together than you could alone ?

I think they have tried but the file extensions are different or something in 06

My Documents\EA Sports\EA Sports Rugby 2006\<your roster>.ros\<your roster>.ros

please hurry with player editor :D just got the game and it is awesome, just need to adjust some stats now. PLEASE

edit:sorry getting a little worked up over the abismal stats some players have

Latest posts