• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Player of the Year

Player of the Year

• Brian O'Driscoll

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fourie Du Preez

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Right then lets just clear a few things up, rules were stated clearly, since there were no objections I went ahead as planned. However just to reiterate, the rules were that if anyone or anything got more than 50% of the nominations then there wouldn't be a poll. It was never the case that getting nominated would automatically get you into the poll, we had that situation before with previous TRFies where members couldn't nominate who they wanted but still wanted to nominate regardless. The current situation, as it was with the last TRFies is a far fairer solution.

For the SH Player of the Year Du Preez has 25 out of 47 nominations, Brussow had 5, Carter had 4 and McCaw had 3.

For the NH Player of the Year, BOD had 43, Bowe had 2 ergo we have a run-off between BOD and Du Preez.

As I explained with the NH Young Player of the Year there were 11 nominations for Sexton, 9 for Halfpenny and 5 each for Kearney and Earls. The poll had turned into a farce because people were voting for Halfpenny because of Sexton's age, so I did the best thing I thought I could do in scrapping that poll and bringing in the next most nominated players. Before the poll was closed it was tied between Sexton and Halfpenny 10-10 so how I can be accused of doing it to deny Halfpenny winning it is ridiculous when it wasn't even a sure thing that he'd even win in the first place. Nothing was deleted either.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 14 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
For the SH Player of the Year Du Preez has 25 out of 47 nominations, Brussow had 5, Carter had 4 and McCaw had 3.[/b]
But but but but hes player of the year..... lol. That sums the whole thing up for me.

As for the rest. It sounds as if your just making excuses Tarbh. Granted you may well have constructed those excuses well, the pool may have needed correction and others may believe that what you did was correct but ................... dont think you have me fooled. You f***ed up, made a complete arse of it and undermined the whole forum!

I'm perfectly happy with the way An Tarbh has conducted these awards. The initial thread was tied at 10 apiece before it was closed as An Tarbh has pointed out. The only mistakes made (and these aren't just An Tarbh's fault) is not stipulating a maximum age limit for the young player of the year award, and possibly not having enough of the nominations end up in the polls. A system where 2 or more nominations meant being added to the polls might have been better, (especially considering that a large portion of regular users are Irish i.e. the ones casting nominations.). But that's something that can be looked at for next year.

An Tarbh does a huge amount of work on these forums. He keeps the prediction comps running every year, aswell as the TRFies and historically creating a large portion of international and Magners League match threads. So I feel people are being very harsh on him for something he controlled in the best way he could. Afterall, the question was asked at the very start as to wheather Sexton was a little old for the award, and a few people agreed that he was, and that 23ish was a reasonable age cap. Yet Sexton still recieved 11 nominations, so An Tarbh listened to the masses and included him in the poll.

So, from me An Tarbh, you're doing a great job. Keep it up and don't let others put you off. I certainly appreciate the work you put in on this forum.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Dec 14 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So, from me An Tarbh, you're doing a great job. Keep it up and don't let others put you off. I certainly appreciate the work you put in on this forum.[/b]

Get a room ye big girly

Look Mite and I are admins and as such wear two hats at various times. If I might speak for what I know of Mite he is not against An Tarbh, he has a differing point of view on a particular issue. The same scenario with myself, but a differing issue. As I understand it, we have no problem with An Tarbh. We have an issue with specific points, and thats it.

From this point I will be discussing issues revolving around polls and such with Tarbh or Mite in the staff forum. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 15 2009, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There's a staff forum??!!!! I wanna break in and hide in a cupboard![/b]

It's like staff room at school, whenever a teacher a came out you tried to have a look at the inside...................or was that just me

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 15 2009, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Anyone else thinking Tarbh is off to get spanked :)[/b]
492_SaddleTramppublicitystill.jpg

Is that you on top?

Latest posts