• Fourie Du Preez

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

An Tarbh

V
FourieDuPreez.jpg
[/b]</div>

What? The people have rejected the corrupt selection (sponsored by Adidas) and have looked to voice their opinion!

Viva la revolution!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Dec 14 2009, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
...Oh come on.[/b]

Exactly. This really is smacking of rampant bias. No wonder this forum is now all about the NH. Nominated SH players haven't even gotten on the voting papers.

I had no idea when nominations were closed, or even when the catagories were finalised.

Richie McCaw COULD NOT HAVE POSSIBLY WON the voting in this poll and one of the two worthy NH players would have. To eliminate him from the options though?

These awards are naught but a farce in that case. I'm sad to say that I'd like to recognise these awards, but really can't.

Interesting to note however that for the "young player of the year", when it looked as though Sexton wasn't going to win there was a changing of the guard, and Rob Kerney came from not being a nominated to suddenly leaving Leigh Halfpenny in the mire.

Forget this "hemisphere" bias you guys from Australasia and Africa are obsessed with, the bias is a lot more localised...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 15 2009, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Interesting to note however that for the "young player of the year", when it looked as though Sexton wasn't going to win there was a changing of the guard, and Rob Kerney came from not being a nominated to suddenly leaving Leigh Halfpenny in the mire.

Forget this "hemisphere" bias you guys from Australasia and Africa are obsessed with, the bias is a lot more localised...[/b]

Bias is when nominees are omitted from the poll without explanation. Thats not professional. How can anyone argue that surely?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Dec 14 2009, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 15 2009, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Forget this "hemisphere" bias you guys from Australasia and Africa are obsessed with, the bias is a lot more localised...[/b]

Bias is when nominees are omitted from the poll without explanation. Thats not professional. How can anyone argue that surely?
[/b][/quote]

Yes, such as dropping one Irish candidate - Sexton who passed final nomination into the poll but had no chance of winning and was lagging a long way behind in votes - for another who didn't receive as many nominations but will win more votes on the back of the Lions series... I.E. Kerney.

Trust me, this runs deeper then an "Anti-Kiwi"/"Anti-SH" movement. Hense I stopped giving a toss about the results.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 15 2009, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Did Richie McCaw get more nominations than these two then?[/b]

No, I'm sure he didn't. Every other TRF poll I've been associated with had an average of four selections available to a poll and clearly explained rules. I may have missed those this time around and will be keen to see them if I've missed them. Anyone nominated more than twice (nominated and seconded) should be in the poll, judging by past polls.

This enables a more global representation.

Just read your post Mite, I think your right.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Dec 14 2009, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 15 2009, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did Richie McCaw get more nominations than these two then?[/b]

No, I'm sure he didn't. Every other TRF poll I've been associated with had an average of four selections available to a poll and clearly explained rules. I may have missed those this time around and will be keen to see them if I've missed them. Anyone nominated more than twice (nominated and seconded) should be in the poll, judging by past polls.

This enables a more global representation.

Just read your post Mite, I think your right.
[/b][/quote]
Well what's happened is the winners of both hemispheres' players of the year comp have just been put to a face-off to get the world player of the year, right?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 14 2009, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Dec 14 2009, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 15 2009, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Yes, such as dropping one Irish candidate - Sexton who passed final nomination into the poll but had no chance of winning and was lagging a long way behind in votes - for another who didn't receive as many nominations but will win more votes on the back of the Lions series... I.E. Kerney.

Trust me, this runs deeper then an "Anti-Kiwi"/"Anti-SH" movement. Hense I stopped giving a toss about the results.
[/b][/quote]

T'was 50:50 when Sexton got dropped.

Meh every second poster said they were voting for Halfpenny because Sexton was too old. It was pointless.

Personally I think Kearney is too old as well but I didnt want to upset Tarbh

On behalf of both Sexton and Kearney fans I accept your apology and agree to just move on.

Mites just angry because all the young Northampton players are turning out to be less talented than everyone thought they would be. :p

Latest posts