• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PLayer resting during Six Nations

califauna

Academy Player
Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if England and Ireland's players will be rested between Six Nations matches, like the French squad will be, or if they have to turn out for their clubs teams as well during the tournament (for example where there are two week gaps between the Six Nations fixtures)?

Thanks!

Yes, they will be rested although some of the squad maybe released back to get match fitness. The key players will not be though.

Yes, they will be rested although some of the squad maybe released back to get match fitness.
I don't think any England players will be released back this tournament - they've announced the squad will be reduced numbers (28 rather than 36) due to COVID so I imagine that's on the condition that all players remain in camp at all times to create an RFU bubble

I don't think any England players will be released back this tournament - they've announced the squad will be reduced numbers (28 rather than 36) due to COVID so I imagine that's on the condition that all players remain in camp at all times to create an RFU bubble
Would make sense you absolutely don't want to be the team that has the COVID outbreak.

I believe English club based Welsh players (6 in total) not in the match day team have to be released back, which seems like a pretty unsafe thing to be doing if we want to avoid game cancellations.

I believe English club based Welsh players (6 in total) not in the match day team have to be released back, which seems like a pretty unsafe thing to be doing if we want to avoid game cancellations.
I was under the impression that that's been waived for this year - hence the smaller squad.

Latest posts