• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Players from other sports playing rugby

Exactly, that kind of thing is transferable between sports. Thats why i said Steve Nash would be great. The bit i was objecting to is that it can be coached and taught. Youre born with it or you aren't.

we might be arguing the same point here, I just appear to be doing better than you ;)

we might be arguing the same point here, I just appear to be doing better than you ;)

The bit i got confused with is here:

What i mean is there is no such things as a "rugby brain" there are athletes that have been intorduced to the sport early

I inferred that you were saying that as long as you take an athlete (which i read to mean a physically gifted athlete pace and agilty wise) and introduced them to rugby early, they would develop the spacial awareness needed in rugby.

The bit i got confused with is here:

I inferred that you were saying that as long as you take an athlete (which i read to mean a physically gifted athlete pace and agilty wise) and introduced them to rugby early, they would develop the spacial awareness needed in rugby.

naw we are on the same line of thinking.....it's not a rugby brain per se, but a spacial awareness athletic brain

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89361&draftyear=2009&genpos=SS

I feel vindicated!

Looking at his stats, and his college team, this is a player who is (was?) nothing special at his chosen sport and played at one of the lower tier of college sports. Incredible to think that there are plenty of kids out there with no future in the NFL with even better measurables. An un-tapped resource if ever there was one.

that would be a good idea, if they converted those players that couldn't make the NFL, Miles Craigwell, Justin Boyd and Leonard Peters all converted from Gridiron to Sevens, Leonard Peters was actually really good but they hardly ever gave him game time, idk why, but I'm not sure if he's still playing sevens, Craigwell and Boyd were both really fast but they don't have the passing skills and often look confused, they don't really know how to step either they were just fast runners, but Craigwell has the potential to be a good player once he develops the other parts of his game, he did score some really good tries for USA

Might Be Biased but Berrick Barnes is someone who excelled at other sports before sticking to rugby.

He excelled at Swimming, Cricket, Rugby League & Golf and was on a scholarship at Ipswich Grammar for swimming.

He then played rugby at Ipswich Grammar and the rest is history.

When he finished school he had the Reds, Brisbane Broncos & Queensland Bulls all chasing him.

Played cricket against him, very good bowler.

I played with (and once ran out) Bath player Jack Cuthbert while playing for Weston-Super-Mare CC

Kirill Kulemin play in canadian hockey (CSKA Moscow - kids team), rugby league (Dinamo Moscow) and now rugby union (London Welsh).

Latest posts