• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Players with 2 clubs

A

alijk1989

I dont know if this has been mentioned before but while going through squad management i noticed that Pieter Dixon of Bath was in both the Bath and Stormers Squads. Just wondering if anyone else had found this or knew why it was?

T. Halstead as well (South African centre - preety handy one as well)

He's in one of the Saffa Super 14 teams and in one of the Irish Club teams. I think its because they have already signed with a European Club for the 2006/2007 European Season, but are still staying to play the 2006 Super 14.

Was editing the French team and noticed that there were often 2 names that were similar....and when you check their stats....they are identical....only the rating is different....for instance...F Pelous my lock has his clone right next to him in my French team....same thing with Elisara the halfback.....

Lol, yeah. Thats the licensing thing. The French team is fully licensed, but all of the french clubs aren't licensed, so they have "mocks" of the real players...

Pat Barnard is in both the Saints and Stormers squads.

Great attention to detail by EA.

Originally posted by Ripper@May 7 2006, 02:17 AM
T. Halstead as well (South African centre - preety handy one as well)

He's in one of the Saffa Super 14 teams and in one of the Irish Club teams.  I think its because they have already signed with a European Club for the 2006/2007 European Season, but are still staying to play the 2006 Super 14.
Trevor Halstead has played a big part in Munster winning the Heineken Cup this season. So he obviously isnt playing in the 2006 S14. Can't believe you didn't know that (no offence)

I got better things to do then watch Northern Hemisphere Rugby, eat broken glass for example, and all white South Africans look the same to me.

Originally posted by Ripper@May 13 2006, 08:01 PM
I got better things to do then watch Northern Hemisphere Rugby, eat broken glass for example, and all white South Africans look the same to me.
Northern hemisphere rugby is better than southern hemisphere rugby. I watch as much S14 as I can and I've never seen a match better than any of the following:

Munster v. Wasps
Wasps v. Toulouse
Munster v. Gloucester
Munster v. Sale

Plus many many more. Munster would beat the Crusaders or the Waratahs or the Hurricanes

Originally posted by I cant think of a username+May 14 2006, 08:42 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@May 13 2006, 08:01 PM
Northern hemisphere rugby is better than southern hemisphere rugby. I watch as much S14 as I can and I've never seen a match better than any of the following:

Munster v. Wasps
Wasps v. Toulouse
Munster v. Gloucester
Munster v. Sale

Plus many many more. Munster would beat the Crusaders or the Waratahs or the Hurricanes [/b]
Don't get them started.

Just smile and nod when the retort of how **** NH rugby is comes back.

i would like to see a home and away world club challenge, that would sort out the difference.

but i dont see that happening.

i wouldnt mind seing a world leage take over the super 14.

a world club competition in rl, that would be much better.

sorry i am rambling

Originally posted by I cant think of a username+May 14 2006, 07:42 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
Northern hemisphere rugby is better than southern hemisphere rugby. I watch as much S14 as I can and I've never seen a match better than any of the following: [/b]
I have.

2nd Test of the Lions series.

Originally posted by Ripper+May 27 2006, 01:33 AM-->
Originally posted by I cant think of a username@May 14 2006, 07:42 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper

I have.

2nd Test of the Lions series. [/b]
That wasn't a match it was a training session! I will admit thought that at the moment New Zealand are pretty much untouchable in international rugby. Oh by the way Munster did win the Heineken Cup and Halstead had a fine game and scored a try.

Originally posted by Ripper@May 27 2006, 05:47 PM
OMG KAFKA IS PSIKICK
Damn straight. And I was right too... Of course, seeing as how nobody saw it, you'll just have to take my word for it.

Originally posted by woosaah@May 14 2006, 08:17 PM
i would like to see a home and away world club challenge, that would sort out the difference.

but i dont see that happening.

i wouldnt mind seing a world leage take over the super 14.

a world club competition in rl, that would be much better.

sorry i am rambling
There has been a meeting of NH vs SH champions.....

Blues vs Brive 1997

Brive had just been crowned European champions. The Blues were in France preparing for their match against the Bulls the following week by playing this pre-season game (Blues were current S12 holders) and were a bit jet lagged and rusty.

Final score.....Blues 47....Brive 11.......Super 12 rugby was too speed orientated for the French even in a pre season game. It wasn't just the Blues themselves as they stuttered to a dra the folloing week against the Bulls.

It is interesting to note that rugby looks similar from club rugby to international when 2 teams of similar level are playing. Sometimes a club match will actually look more skillful compared to a test match. So how do you know which is stronger? It is only when 2 teams from different levels meet that the difference becomes clear. Those big tackles and amazing backline moves that a club team may do on another club team all come to an abrubt end when they play the All Blacks. You cannot compare by what you see a team does from far away.....you can only compare when 2 far away teams finally meet.

Latest posts