• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

plyaing a match on the training pitch

I

InsaneAsylum

this might be strange but is there any way I can either enable the training pitch/ground (you know the one that's used for training drills in the game).

based on the other mods i've seen in the game, you can't add extra content, you have to replace existing content, so is there anyway I can backup a stadium which i don't use/like/care about and then copy and rename the training pitch files to replace that particular stadium.

Yes it is possible.

Extract the 119ba3f37fe7a31c2b2ee45ceeafa091.xml file from the data.gob file using biggui, open it with notepad, go to stadium index number 63 and change the "no" to "yes", save and place it in your rugby 08 main folder.Ingame it will be under the country "no valid id", select it and it will work.

As JDV says, you have to enable the training pitch in the xml. In my case when i tried it, i called it 'Japan' or something, and replaced it with another stadium file, so i actually had a fictional japanese stadium, because i made the adboards that come with training pitch files. So when you trained, it was with a crowd, with adboards. We could make it so that the stadium has no crowd or it's very sparse. So it'd be like warm-up drills before a game.

tried it last night, awesome. i couldn't change the conditions though as it caused an async error. ie. muddy ground, play during the day etc.

effectively i'd like to create a 'club rugby' or 'park rugby' environment where there isn't as much money spent on maintaining the ground hence the surface is patchy, there are no floodlights or crowd and possibly no club rooms.

i'd like to do this for cricket 07 as well, remove pitch ads, use plain stumps and have a simple white picket fence or even just a rope around the ground.

So, you want a generic stadium. The only thing is that the training adboards are shared, so one of your stadia in the game will be plain adboards as well.

exist in the game hide stadiums?
if exist these stadiums,i want know how to activate.
and other question...
how to insert image in the training ground?
because activate this in the game,however don't have image in stadium.

exist in the game hide stadiums?
if exist these stadiums,i want know how to activate.
and other question...
how to insert image in the training ground?
because activate this in the game,however don't have image in stadium.
There is only the training ground stadium that you can activate in Rugby 08

Do you want to put an unique image for the training ground stadium or a generic one that other stadiums use?

a generic one.

Open the 119ba3f37fe7a31c2b2ee45ceeafa091.xml file, go to stadium index number 63 which is the training ground,you will see this:

<stadium Index="63" Active="no" CodeId="STA_OTH_TRAINING" StadiumName="Training Ground"FileName="training" City="2266" HomeTeam="National Team" FeGfxPackage="training" Country="Training Ground">
<environment breath="on" type="night" DirtType="Grass" ProbabilityDirt="Low" ProbabilityPrecipitation="None"/>
</stadium>

The important part is the
FeGfxPackage="training"
, delete the
part and replace it with another stadium's "FeGfxPackage", e.g." christchurch"

<stadium Index="63" Active="no" CodeId="STA_OTH_TRAINING" StadiumName="Training Ground"FileName="training" City="2266" HomeTeam="National Team" FeGfxPackage="christchurch" Country="Training Ground">
<environment breath="on" type="night" DirtType="Grass" ProbabilityDirt="Low" ProbabilityPrecipitation="None"/>
</stadium>

Latest posts